W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

Very displeased with Eurocharged Tune, violent 2-3 in S+

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2021 | 01:38 PM

2014 AMG E63S and 2020 AMG GTC
Originally Posted by kenneyd
I am obviously very disappointed. I literally was shopping for tunes before I bought the car. Now my car has the taint of being tuned, without the plus of actually having a tune.

I am not a tuner, I don't know why EC tune was not compatible with my car. My hunch is that Jerry has a 2016 that he uses for the basetune. I've read on the forum several places that there were some hardware changes between 14, 15 and 16s as far as the wet clutch and and TCU. I find it plausible that this could cause some issues. Who knows
I feel your pain. I had a similar issue early on in my tuning experience when running a canned Stage 2 EC tune. After multiple limp mode incidences (my particular issue), I asked for a full refund. They were quick to take the money and slow to refund it... after charging a restocking fee for software. I get it... it still left a bitter taste in my mouth to be honest. I did eventually get my monies partially refunded but it took a couple of weeks of pestering.

Move forward 6 months though and I was introduced to Jerry directly. We then proceeded to dyno tune my car and started down the E tune route. Jerry did right by me, but it took a dedicated dyno tune to get the performance I wanted.
I've come to the realization that people's experiences with Eurocharged come down to who you are dealing with.

Did you reach out to Jerry direct through all this, or was it through an intermediary?
The following 2 users liked this post by brutus_tx:
DIVINE AMG (03-17-2021), I.T. Guy (05-10-2021)
Old 03-16-2021 | 01:53 PM

2014 E63S
I am obviously very disappointed. I literally was shopping for tunes before I bought the car. Now my car has the taint of being tuned, without the plus of actually having a tune.

I am not a tuner, I dont know why EC tune was not compatible with my car. My hunch is that Jerry has a 2016 that he uses for the basetune. I've read on the forum several places that there were some hardware changes between 14, 15 and 16s as far as the wet clutch and and TCU. I find it plausible that this could cause some issues. Who knows
I spoke with Jerry regarding these issues and seems like there might be something up with your vehicle as they tried multiple diffrent flashes and nothing fixed your issue. They used files from renntech and one of slav's files as well, and nothing was able to get accomplished. That sometimes tends to point out that the problem might not be on their end, but something with the car itself. Only real way to determine this would be go with a totally diffrent company (renntech etc) and see what the outcome is. Only reason I brought this up to them was because I to want a tune from them, showed them this thread and they had there reasons to why the tune didn't work for you.
Old 03-16-2021 | 01:58 PM

2014 E63S
Sucks to hear this happened to you @kenneyd

Last edited by The1stWright; 11-24-2021 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-16-2021 | 02:09 PM

2013 E63 P30, 2010 GL550
I am still dealing with a similar outcome. EC ATX tune did not achieve the expected performance by a long shot. I have the 'before' and 'after' independent dynos. The answer I got, you guessed it, something is wrong with your specific car. I plan to work through datalogging and hopefully pinpoint a bottleneck, but expected some level of support and/or guidance for what to look for. After all, these are well-known platforms. I am ready to explore and work with the tuner remotely, but the conversation is going nowhere and basically ended. I have been quiet in the forums for a while. If this issue remains as-is (without any effort to resolve), this is the end of line with EC for me. I will take my money elsewhere and advise others to do the same.
The following users liked this post:
timm206 (06-24-2021)
Old 03-16-2021 | 04:39 PM

poop
Originally Posted by Mojo20032004
I spoke with Jerry regarding these issues and seems like there might be something up with your vehicle as they tried multiple diffrent flashes and nothing fixed your issue.
Who knows, maybe there is something actually wrong with my car... as well as ET_E63S, blackbenzz, jrosa, arcticfox, wolves.creed, dllhg etc who have said they have the exact same shifting issue with EC tunes.
Its going to be hard to diagnosis, A car that runs and drive 100% perfect, throws no codes, xentry scans show no faults, Whatever issue our cars have, only shows itself when someone screws with the ECU maps.

Last edited by kenneyd; 03-17-2021 at 09:40 AM.
timm206 (06-24-2021)
Old 03-16-2021 | 05:19 PM

2014 E63S
Who knows, maybe there is something actually wrong with my car... as well as ET_E63S, blackbenzz, jrosa, arcticfox, wolves.creed, dllhg etc who have said they have the exact same shifting issue with EC tunes.
Its going to be hard to diagnosis, A car that runs and drive 100% perfect, throws no codes, xentry scans show no faults, Whatever issue our cars have only shows itself when someone screws with the ECU maps.
And I agree it makes no sense at all when you look at it that way.
Old 03-16-2021 | 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1991 964 Turbo, 2002 Black E55, 2002 Black E55 " The Beast"- 2014 E63s
If the tune didn't deliver what it's suppose to do and with so many other customers having similar issues, Jerry should refund the customer. If he doesn't, I would coordinate with the other members having the same issues and dispute it with the CC company
I know for sure, me and my friend are at least staying clear of the EC not to mention anytime people ask for a tuning reference, we can always give them this example.
Hurts EC in the long run if he didn't do this right.
Old 03-16-2021 | 06:42 PM

poop
Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
If the tune didn't deliver what it's suppose to do and with so many other customers having similar issues, Jerry should refund the customer. If he doesn't, I would coordinate with the other members having the same issues and dispute it with the CC company
I know for sure, me and my friend are at least staying clear of the EC not to mention anytime people ask for a tuning reference, we can always give them this example.
Hurts EC in the long run if he didn't do this right.
I really had high hopes Jerry would figure it out. My hunch was they were on the wrong "path". They kept talking about the transmission, however I believe the trans was shifting fine, the problem was the engine was cutting out during the shift causing the jolt. My hunch was further backed up by this thread:
Here is a quote from dr.SS in the AMS tune thread:
"The AMS tune has been honed to perfection, when I tuned my car it was shifting harshly 2-3 in sport plus, Martin the president discovered that the factory tune cuts boost/fuel between shifts more aggressively as u go from s to s+, to give u a sensation of a firmer sportier shift, with over 700 lbs the shift felt very abrupt they fine tuned it to perfection."
Why this was above the experience/ability level of eurocharged, I'll never know

Last edited by kenneyd; 05-08-2021 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-16-2021 | 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1991 964 Turbo, 2002 Black E55, 2002 Black E55 " The Beast"- 2014 E63s
I really had high hopes Jerry would figure it out. Here is a quote from dr.SS in the AMS tune thread:
"The AMS tune has been honed to perfection, when I tuned my car it was shifting harshly 2-3 in sport plus, Martin the president discovered that the factory tune cuts boost/fuel between shifts more aggressively as u go from s to s+, to give u a sensation of a firmer sportier shift, with over 700 lbs the shift felt very abrupt they fine tuned it to perfection."
Why this was above the experience/ability level of eurocharged, I'll never know
Have you ever figured out what this Jerry guy's back ground is and how he started tuning the cars? I am getting serious about the tune and for me, it got to be RennTech for sure.
Anotherone (03-23-2021)
Old 03-16-2021 | 07:20 PM

2014 E63S

According to Jerry you were refunded already. This was a covo between Jerry and jake(owner of ec)
​​​​​
Bilal Dinc (03-19-2021)
Old 03-16-2021 | 08:20 PM

poop

According to Jerry you were refunded already. This was a covo between Jerry and jake(owner of ec)
​​​​​
As of 8:15 p.m. March 16th, I have not been refunded yet.
UPS delivered it Monday morning March 8th.
I touched base with casem March 10th, who said it was in their returns queue and would be processed shortly, and be posted by the end of the week.
I then sent another email to casem March 13th. Received a reply on Monday the 15th asking for my invoice number and credit card transaction number. I was told that that would process that day.
I then called eurocharged this morning the 16th to talk to casem, The person that answered the phone said that they just put it through and it should post shortly.
Anyway, never really said that I was worried they wouldn't refund my money, I'm sure I'll get it back. I was just kind of surprised that they said there was a queue of returns and that it's taking this long.

Remember, this was never intended to be a euro charged bashing thread. I never used any condescending adjectives. The goal was to get it fixed, so I could have a working tune.
I simply wanted to share my story, my experience in this matter
I would absolutely be ecstatic if I got a call from eurocharged saying they figured it out and they'd like to sell it back to me.

Last edited by kenneyd; 03-16-2021 at 08:28 PM.
Old 03-16-2021 | 11:08 PM

AMG

​​​​​
Renntech file? Jerry is flashing Renntech tunes now?

I have a March 2014 built 2014 E63s 4matic with Renntech tune, car shifted perfect before and after Renntech tune, and even with the now R1 renntech tune aswell.
Mojo20032004 (03-16-2021)
Old 03-17-2021 | 09:31 AM

poop
Originally Posted by 5soko
Renntech file? Jerry is flashing Renntech tunes now?

I have a March 2014 built 2014 E63s 4matic with Renntech tune, car shifted perfect before and after Renntech tune, and even with the now R1 renntech tune aswell.
I believe Jerry sent me four different files. He did not say that were from other tuners, he simply said that he turned torque management all the way on, and all the way off to see if it made a difference.

Refund received March 17
cotmfk (03-18-2021)
Old 03-17-2021 | 01:51 PM

2014 E63 AMG
Final update
As described above, Eurocharged tune caused a violent shift in only the 2-3 S+ shift, on my 2014 e63, as well as a dozen or so other members here. The shift wasn't not a performance "firm" shift, it was a severe on/off type jerk.
The shift issue was instantly resolved when on a stock tune.
All in all, I did everything Jerry asked, jumped through every hoop and tested it for much long than I should have. I am a former EC customer and was quite pleased with the work they did on my e55. Last thing I wanted to do is look like I was bashing a company without troubleshooting the issue first
Eurocharged knew I had a stock 2014, and they simply said they could tune it, no prerequisites, no "you must also get a TCU tune" etc...
EC told me first that it would "adapt on its own". I drove for 80+ miles... Zero change.
EC then sent a bunch a tunes to try, I flashed every one of these... no change.
EC said to reset shift parameters and perform shift adaptations in xentry... No change.
EC then said I needed to have my TCU flashed with a newer MB version. Jerry specifically said to use 0009028526. I was currently on 0009021222 and I flashed it to 0009028526. I also reset the shift learning parameters as per jerrys suggestion... No changeUse xentry to perform multiple two three shift adaptations... No change
I had a "wet clutch adaptation" performed... No change.
I had a friend with a e63 drive in my car to make sure it "wasn't just me". it definitely was't lol
All in all, I tested/troubleshot for about 620 miles... No change

I then Fixed the issue by flashing back to stock. Requesting a return

Eurocharged then sent a email to me which I think explains a lot. They agreed to the return, (minus shipping lol), but the made it very clear the unit logs would be "fully inspected" to "ensure it was flashed back to stock." I think that makes it clear they never really believed us about the hard shift issues.
I retuned the item, UPS and eurocharged confirm it was delivered 3/8, yet 9 days after they received it, they have yet to refund me, keep telling me they are busy.
Edit, refund received March 17th.
I also have a 2014 E63. Have the E60 tune from Jerry and the TCU tune from ATX.

Not one issue. It has been great.

Scott
AMG140.6 (03-19-2021)
Old 03-17-2021 | 02:15 PM

2014 E63S
@kenneyd im almost positive you had the same issue I did when I tuned my my m156 powered e63 with eurocharged a few years back.

Did you use the handheld to tune?
Old 03-17-2021 | 02:16 PM

2014 E63S
Originally Posted by Scott Gerhardt
I also have a 2014 E63. Have the E60 tune from Jerry and the TCU tune from ATX.

Not one issue. It has been great.

Scott
Were you tuned on location or with the handheld?
Old 03-19-2021 | 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 cls63 a amg. 2018 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by The1stWright
@kenneyd im almost positive you had the same issue I did when I tuned my my m156 powered e63 with eurocharged a few years back.

Did you use the handheld to tune?
how did you resolve the issue ?
Old 03-19-2021 | 10:43 AM

2014 E63S
Originally Posted by dllhg
how did you resolve the issue ?
I ended up taking it to an authorized EC dealer and having them do the flash with their machine. Never had a single issue after that.
Old 03-19-2021 | 01:13 PM

2014 E63S
@dllhg

i can’t respond to you via PM as it says you’re messages are full
Old 03-20-2021 | 12:27 PM

2019 E63 AMGs
I am currently still working through issues with my Stage 2 Eurocharged tune. First time around "for a year" - I was getting bad misfires/limp - after coils, 2 sets of plugs, camshaft sensors, solenoids etc... I reached back out.
The recommendation was go to the dealer and see if there are updates to TCU/ECU -- I did that 2 days ago (had updates) and now have to call EC back to collect the new image and send me a new tune.
I'll report back results.. It's been a pain in the @$$..

2016 E63 AMG S AWD
Old 03-20-2021 | 12:40 PM

poop
Originally Posted by Alan Sakoman
I am currently still working through issues with my Stage 2 Eurocharged tune. First time around "for a year" - I was getting bad misfires/limp - after coils, 2 sets of plugs, camshaft sensors, solenoids etc... I reached back out.
The recommendation was go to the dealer and see if there are updates to TCU/ECU -- I did that 2 days ago (had updates) and now have to call EC back to collect the new image and send me a new tune.
I'll report back results.. It's been a pain in the @$$..

2016 E63 AMG S AWD
I hope you have a better outcome then the rest of us.
I've been refunded, so I dont have a bone to pick anymore, but i was really hoping to get it resolved for the several others here who had the exact same issue.
What's still bothering me though, is jerry and jake apparently both claim my 2-3 shifting issue was the "first time they have ever heard of this issue". That obviously a false statement since they're numerous people in the thread alone (not to mention other places) who claim they both have the same issue and have contacted eurocharged.
Old 03-20-2021 | 12:49 PM

2014 E63S
I hope you have a better outcome then the rest of us.
I've been refunded, so I dont have a bone to pick anymore, but i was really hoping to get it resolved for the several others here who had the exact same issue.
What's still bothering me though, is jerry and jake apparently both claim my 2-3 shifting issue was the "first time they have ever heard of this issue". That obviously a false statement since they're numerous people in the thread alone (not to mention other places) who claim they both have the same issue and have contacted eurocharged.
Who are you planning to use now for tuning?

I’ve been deciding between ECU Tuning group or Weistec.
Old 03-20-2021 | 01:11 PM

poop
Originally Posted by The1stWright
Who are you planning to use now for tuning?

I’ve been deciding between ECU Tuning group or Weistec.
Right now considering weistec and renntech
Old 03-20-2021 | 06:47 PM

2019 E63 AMGs
I had a Weistec tune on my 2011 E63 and it was great - they are always a bit pricey but always spot on.
What I liked about Eurocharged was their tune is very aggressive and it feels amazing in the car when it works lol... when I flashed back to stock it felt like I was driving a Honda lol.
If I can make it work I'll be happy if not I'll have to go down the same path. I already wasted HUNDRERDS of dollars with dealer trying to figure out what was causing misfires.
Old 03-22-2021 | 09:17 AM

On the shoulder
Right now considering weistec and renntech
I stayed away from Renntech when searching cars because cars that had full Renntech III packages had difficulty running properly. There were a few for sale in the first half of 2020, and I was able to contact two of the cars' prior owners (one in Canada, one in Texas) and both said that no matter what they tried, they couldn't get the car running properly with the Renntech stuff on there. FWIW, YMMV, etc. etc.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Very displeased with Eurocharged Tune, violent 2-3 in S+