W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

E200, no start, can’t select gear, multiple codes, please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2023 | 06:38 PM

E200
E200, no start, can’t select gear, multiple codes, please help

Hello guys,

i have a problem with my e200 2013, it won’t start won’t shift gears and reads multiple codes and errors on dash..

it all started a few months ago when the car radiator fan started working at max speed, then the car shut off and left me stranded, got the car towed and brought home, scanned car, could not figure out what was wrong.

Few months later i charged the current battery and after that it did not do anything, later same night i came back to grab something from the car and when i saw the dash i saw that the car had “p” gear selected, tried to start and it clicked! Jumped the car and managed to start it, turned it off then changed the battery out for a new one recently and the car went back to the same issues, please help

in the dash i get these errors..
1. Without changing gear consult to a workshop
2. TC inoperable see owners manual

3. Anti theft system has been activated on command screen

Codes i got when scanned..D19800

Communication with the ism has malfunctioned

C10000

Communication with controle module combustion engine has a malfunction

U010100

Comunication with control device transmission has malfunction

Old 12-08-2023 | 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
TROUBLESHOOTING time...

Originally Posted by 297_w212
Hello guys,

i have a problem with my e200 2013, it won’t start won’t shift gears and reads multiple codes and errors on dash..

it all started a few months ago when the car radiator fan started working at max speed, then the car shut off and left me stranded, got the car towed and brought home, scanned car, could not figure out what was wrong.

Few months later i charged the current battery and after that it did not do anything, later same night i came back to grab something from the car and when i saw the dash i saw that the car had “p” gear selected, tried to start and it clicked! Jumped the car and managed to start it, turned it off then changed the battery out for a new one recently and the car went back to the same issues, please help

in the dash i get these errors..
1. Without changing gear consult to a workshop
2. TC inoperable see owners manual

3. Anti theft system has been activated on command screen

Codes i got when scanned..
D19800
​​​Communication with the ism has malfunctioned

C10000
Communication with controle module combustion engine has a malfunction

U010100
Comunication with control device transmission has malfunction
Based on all the above, it would seem like you are good to tow your vehicle to a dealer to get your ISM module replaced so PRND will resume and security will be released from lock-down mode.

However you have more issue than a $2k ISM alone... the "supersonic fan" says ECU needs attention plus the followings....

Your fault collection indicates bad COM's over CAN-C between TCU + ECU + ISM... at least no issue with ESP or LPFP are flagged.

So you best option may be to figure what's going on with your car without rushing to change your ISM - Right now the disruption you're facing prevent ISM from working anyways!!

A bad ISM alone would not fault ECU/TCU... unless you happened to cowboy through high standing water.

>> Lets reset faults, disconnect ISM to see what the supersonic fan does.
Let's fix this first before TCU, then last the ISM.

Try not to run down your new battery while working on the chassis... use external power.

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 12-09-2023 at 03:23 AM.