W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idiot cops and stock exhausts.....(yeah, and they wonder why)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 08:25 AM

Received 204 Likes on 150 Posts
W212 E63S Wagon - GSL580 - E63 - E350 - C300
Idiot cops and stock exhausts.....(yeah, and they wonder why)

So, I am leaving my neighborhood going to a bank two blocks away. Kinda busy four lane I need to go left on....opening, I go. I actually SAW a cop car (unmarked but obvious) and pull out, use my blinker, get into the right lane and turn into a bank....cop follows. So, I go to the drive thru...do my business and the idiot cop with an attitude pulls me over into a parking lot of a business associate (cop said I should not have pulled into Dr. "X's" parking lot as part of the exchange...I offered to call "Dr. X" at his cell number and ask if it was okay...."...

Cops first words...."You SOUND like your going sixty"...So, okay, "you have me clocked at sixty with your radar gun or did I sound like I was going sixty?". He then claims that he is trained on visual speed judgement and I looked to be going sixty...."So, I SOUNDED like I was at sixty or LOOKED like I was at sixty? And, for the camera, what is your name and badge number for my video?". He tells me that I dont need video because he has video...."Okay, but I dont need to FOIA my video, sounds like sixty is going to be great internet fodder"

He demands license and insurance, of course. The car is a "Company Car" and he then (illegally) demands to see my insurance by holding my phone. Of course I decline to allow him to hold my phone...only an ignorant person hands a cop their phone. He then illegally demands to see my name (individually) on the insurance policy - not understanding that in FL a CAR is insured, not a driver. ANYONE who I let drive my car is insured by default.

The idiot cop then claims his "printer is broken" and he can not write me a ticket! BULLSHEET! This idiot cop knew I had video, knew he was looking like an idiot and knew he did not want this one to go to court.

The cops wonder why the majority of the citizens have no use for them (on top of of the fact that we called the police 17 days in a row, they did nothing about homeless people who then broke into and destroyed a medical faclity - it is still empty).

Last edited by OldManAndHisCar; Today at 09:14 AM.
Old Today, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,677 Likes on 1,241 Posts
2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
Cop: You sound like you were going 60.
OldMan: No, that was just me farting.
The following users liked this post:
OldManAndHisCar (Today)
Old Today, 08:53 AM

More stupid thing - in FL (and I am sure other states). If an insurance policy lapses pretty much on that day the state gets a notice from the insurance company and the state knows immediately. There simply is no reason what so ever for a cop to ask for proof of insurance, the state already knows (and is more accurate than a screen shot or printed page).

Old Today, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
I would almost want to get the ticket to see what the cop wrote down and which statute was violated. While your area may have noise ordnances, I doubt they have a look-up table that says "Quiet=slow, Loud=60".

I know growing up in Lauderdale and learning to drive, we were told that if the tires squeal that was considered reckless driving. That was back in the good old days where driver's ed was taught in schools and they showed those horrific B&W films of car accidents with heads on the side of the road and mangled body parts. Ah, the smell of puke outside the classroom.
Old Today, 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by OldManAndHisCar
More stupid thing - in FL (and I am sure other states). If an insurance policy lapses pretty much on that day the state gets a notice from the insurance company and the state knows immediately. There simply is no reason whatsoever for a cop to ask for proof of insurance, the state already knows (and is more accurate than a screen shot or printed page).
I really think it's one of those carry-over ordnances from 80+ years ago when technology was handwritten paper. Now it's just a way to harass you.
Old Today, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 989 Likes on 757 Posts
G550
You sounded like you were going 60?
Cop sounded like he was having a slow day.
I would have pleaded for a ticket just to hear the cop's testimony in court.
Old Today, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Also, what does "going 60" sound like? My car is generally quieter cruising at 60 on the highway.

So, he was trained on "visual speed judgement"? Did he pass the test? Unless you are using VASCAR, it's really hard to tell if a car is going 45 or 60. I'd like to see what the judge would say in traffic court. "Officer, when were your eyeballs last calibrated?"
Old Today, 09:05 AM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2012 E63 Wagon
What a Rookie.. If He had only stuck with his line of questioning a bit longer, I'm convinced you would have given up that body in the trunk.
Old Today, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by juststeve
What a Rookie.. If He had only stuck with his line of questioning a bit longer, I'm convinced you would have given up that body in the trunk.

Oh, NO rookie at all. He was QUITE angry. They get even madder now that they know that we as citizens are recording them as much as they do us....What is still amazing to me is the sheer number of police who can not pass a normal Govt drug test (due to a TUE). The unions to protect them and for an even more idiotic reality that for some reason Qualified Immunity has not been over turned nation wide.

Old Today, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I've been pulled over for doing 55 in a 45 on a dual divided highway. It was clearly a speed trap. I was polite to the cop and truly didn't realize I was going over the speed limit. He saw I had a radar detector and asked if they are any good. I said apparently not -- the problem is you become desensitized to the warning because of so many false warnings. He also noticed I had a dashcam (which records audio as well as video). He gave me a warning and advice to drive safely. I was driving the SL at the time and probably gave the impression that I would fight any ticket in court. The SL looks more expensive than it is. You have to be a Mercedes aficionado (or at least a car nut) to know that AMG cars are more than a Mercedes with a body kit.

Last edited by JettaRed; Today at 09:24 AM.
Old Today, 09:47 AM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz E63S
I was polite to the cop and truly didn't realize I was going over the speed limit. He saw I had a radar detector and asked if they are any good. I said apparently not -- the problem is you become desensitized to the warning because of so many false warnings. He also noticed I had a dashcam (which records audio as well as video). He gave me a warning and advice to drive safely
​​​​​​​Sounds like a much easier and faster interaction than the OP.
Old Today, 10:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,603 Likes on 2,213 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by JettaRed
Also, what does "going 60" sound like? My car is generally quieter cruising at 60 on the highway.

So, he was trained on "visual speed judgement"? Did he pass the test? Unless you are using VASCAR, it's really hard to tell if a car is going 45 or 60. I'd like to see what the judge would say in traffic court. "Officer, when were your eyeballs last calibrated?"
and... Ears, sounds like those needs to be calibrated as well.

If a car is taking off (well not flooring it) from a light before it shifts it always sounds louder before shifting (obviously) but it is unlikely the person was going 60.
Old Today, 10:49 AM

Not too long ago I got into an argument with a local cop at one of our offices. A guy high on something was harassing patients in our parking lot. He even tried to get into a bus from a retirement community that was bringing a person to our office. Called the police - took them almost an hour to arrive (they are lucky we did not have to shoot the guy, as many of our staff are armed).

So, the cop says "He just wanted coffee" and said he does not have time to arrest every junky. I sent an email to the Mayor, Chief and on and on. Two days later I get pulled over by the same cop, turning into my parking lot - him claiming I did not use my blinker (I did).

The cop was mad that we had a valid complaint. Funny enough, he was a PT at another clinic where they fired him as a PT (it is our right to deny service to anyone, for any reason).

And, this is how a Meth Head hides from the cops (the guy did OD and die about three weeks later).

Old Today, 11:15 AM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2012 E63 Wagon
Shame, appears as if this guy had a promising career as an HVAC service tech.
OldManAndHisCar (Today)
Old Today, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
and... Ears, sounds like those needs to be calibrated as well.

If a car is taking off (well not flooring it) from a light before it shifts it always sounds louder before shifting (obviously) but it is unlikely the person was going 60.
I wonder if you can't drive a Dodge Challenger R/T or SRT Hellcat in Fleriduh. Those are much louder stock than our Mercedes. They are doing at least 80 while stopped at the traffic light.

Last edited by JettaRed; Today at 11:18 AM.
OldManAndHisCar (Today)
Old Today, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 416 Likes on 286 Posts
2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
Writing tickets is the only source of revenue for some towns, like Coffee City Texas which has 250 residents and 50 cops. Yes, one cop per five residents. I sheet you not!