Sponsored by:

So I go to my local dealer...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 02:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Nissan Pathfinder
So I go to my local dealer...

...and it is near closing time but I just wanted to meet a sales rep, say hi, let em know I am going to get an e63s, and take home a business card when I'm ready to make the call, the second I said e63 s he acted like it was the rarest unicorn of them all, telling me that his dealership is only getting one...when I asked if he would match euro delivery 5% off he replied back in the douchiest of manners, "we wont take 5 cents off."

Note to any dealers/managers/sales reps, even if you aren't going to entertain any deals on a car, don't be a total douche about it.

And a side note, I am 32 and look about or slightly less than my age and I am friggin fed up with people sizing me up and treating me like...like...well like I aint an old waspy looking fella that has already bought 10 cars from them, whatever happened to good ole fashioned salesmanship and treating every customer like royalty. Guy didn't even bother asking me my name, or how I was doing. When I mentioned I recently moved to the area, he didn't bother asking me where I came from or what brought me to my new city. I am about to buy a 100k+ car(and I say buy because I am leaning heavily towards financing) and I want to be treated like it dammit...ok done venting but seriously...

Does this make sense that the dealership would have only 1 e63 coming to them? this place had a few GTs, several G AMG, CLS AMG and an gorgeous SLS and even had a segment of their showroom with a huge AMG sign in front

And if anyone has finalized a deal on an e63s in the states, please post your details and if you were able to negotiate anything off or anything extra in. (even though I said I'm financing, leasees please share too!)
The following 2 users liked this post by hkakli:
AMGBEASTMODE (07-22-2017), Koru_Kinshi (07-18-2017)
Old 07-16-2017, 09:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2009 M3 sedan; 2012 Mustang Boss 302; 2018 E63 S on order
Sounds like he may have thought you were interested in an Edition One, which they would likely only get one of and not discount. They should be getting allocations for the regular run though. Still...uncool for sure.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E63S AMG, 2003 SLK 230 Sport, 2004 SL 600, 2006 SLK 55 AMG, 1998 E320 Wagon
I would've put that scrub in his place. Run off the essence of profit margins and where they come form and show up his own knowledge so fast, his head would spin and his sales manager would have to come out and *actually* negotiate.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Unlike in the old days, there is absolutely no need to go in person to buy a car nowadays. It is actually to your advantage to negotiate with several dealerships at the same time from the comfort of your location of choice and use email/txt/fax to your advantage and have them get into a bidding war with each other to win your business.

Only go to a dealership before you buy to check out the car in person.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Plenty of inexperienced sales people out there. Don't judge the dealership with this sad experience as it is well worth developing a relationship with the service dealer. Trust me, it will save you $$ and time in the future.
I suggest to go back and directly talk with sales manager and get a relationship going. Let him/her know you will shop around (which you should do anyway) and you should be able to get a reasonable discount on the car. An E63 (non edition 1) is a mass produced car so don't let anyone tell you it can only be sold at MRSP.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 511 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
This kind of thing seems to happen a lot, they must loose thousands of sales per year because of idiots like that sales guy who are complete snoots. Probably a lot of it is jealousy because they can't afford a car like this and then somebody a lot younger than them comes in and it pisses them off. Anyhow, you could read my pulling the trigger thread and it might give you some insights to ordering one of these, I negotiated 6 percent off. My car is being built early September, I order it back early May.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 194 Likes on 167 Posts
16 E550 Cab, 2003 Ram bright red crewcab 4x4 we call Clifford :)
Didn't really see this in Florida, we are on the west coast, over here ya never know who has money.... you got a lot of wealthy locals on the water and frankly it's too hot to wear suits

I have a friend who cleans drains for a living... oh Did I mention he has over 30 trucks out there ? he doesn't dress like the 8 figure guy that he is... funny he went to trade in his ctsv a month back... caddy guys would barely talk to him... he liked my ML63 so went to MB, walked out with a new C63S. Gotta say all the high end guys over here have been pleasant to us, We even looked at a Aston Martin a few years back, copy of my license and where out for a ride... bit of topic... Loved, Loved the Aston..... just a little scare of maintenance etc...

Sorry got way off track... the online thing could work, but going in at the end of the day on the last day of the month still works...

Mike
Old 07-20-2017, 12:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,320 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Yup... ***** for sure

I negotiate everything over email and the phone

also I speak directly with the sales manager on these high ticket cars

I'm 38, bought my new e63S when I was 35 ... cash.
The following users liked this post:
AMGBEASTMODE (07-22-2017)
Old 07-23-2017, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 194 Likes on 167 Posts
16 E550 Cab, 2003 Ram bright red crewcab 4x4 we call Clifford :)
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Yup... ***** for sure

I negotiate everything over email and the phone

also I speak directly with the sales manager on these high ticket cars

I'm 38, bought my new e63S when I was 35 ... cash.
They don't seem to like cash in Florida... I sold a vehicle private and I only accept cash... took that cash to a jeep dealer and they didn't want it ? What ?.....
Old 07-23-2017, 11:06 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
1993 964 C2, 1992 FJ80 Land Cruiser, 1971 Chevy C10 Cheyenne.....
2018 E63

Originally Posted by hkakli
...and it is near closing time but I just wanted to meet a sales rep, say hi, let em know I am going to get an e63s, and take home a business card when I'm ready to make the call, the second I said e63 s he acted like it was the rarest unicorn of them all, telling me that his dealership is only getting one...when I asked if he would match euro delivery 5% off he replied back in the douchiest of manners, "we wont take 5 cents off."

Note to any dealers/managers/sales reps, even if you aren't going to entertain any deals on a car, don't be a total douche about it.

And a side note, I am 32 and look about or slightly less than my age and I am friggin fed up with people sizing me up and treating me like...like...well like I aint an old waspy looking fella that has already bought 10 cars from them, whatever happened to good ole fashioned salesmanship and treating every customer like royalty. Guy didn't even bother asking me my name, or how I was doing. When I mentioned I recently moved to the area, he didn't bother asking me where I came from or what brought me to my new city. I am about to buy a 100k+ car(and I say buy because I am leaning heavily towards financing) and I want to be treated like it dammit...ok done venting but seriously...

Does this make sense that the dealership would have only 1 e63 coming to them? this place had a few GTs, several G AMG, CLS AMG and an gorgeous SLS and even had a segment of their showroom with a huge AMG sign in front

And if anyone has finalized a deal on an e63s in the states, please post your details and if you were able to negotiate anything off or anything extra in. (even though I said I'm financing, leasees please share too!)
Hey there,

I work for a very reputable dealership in the northeast and have shipped cars all over the country... in regards to a 2018 E63 I have 2 clients awaiting delivery and if you are interested in getting one I can help. Yes I only sell them for MSRP and don't charge over in these cars the only one I sold for over are GT-R and GT -C.

I do have a couple of orders that I put in as reserve for potential clients like yourself.

my email is mohcine83@gmail.com if you would like to consider getting one.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:09 PM

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2014 E63 S
Originally Posted by mrmotoguzzi00
They don't seem to like cash in Florida... I sold a vehicle private and I only accept cash... took that cash to a jeep dealer and they didn't want it ? What ?.....
Need to clarify what you mean by cash. If you showed up with a bag or suitcase of bills, then they probably thought you are a drug dealer. If by cash you mean "cash equivalent" such as bank draft or wire transfer, then different story.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 744 Likes on 486 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by mrmotoguzzi00
Didn't really see this in Florida, we are on the west coast, over here ya never know who has money.... you got a lot of wealthy locals on the water and frankly it's too hot to wear suits

I have a friend who cleans drains for a living... oh Did I mention he has over 30 trucks out there ? he doesn't dress like the 8 figure guy that he is... funny he went to trade in his ctsv a month back... caddy guys would barely talk to him... he liked my ML63 so went to MB, walked out with a new C63S. Gotta say all the high end guys over here have been pleasant to us, We even looked at a Aston Martin a few years back, copy of my license and where out for a ride... bit of topic... Loved, Loved the Aston..... just a little scare of maintenance etc...

Sorry got way off track... the online thing could work, but going in at the end of the day on the last day of the month still works...

Mike
It's interesting. I went to look at the new Audi R8 a couple of weeks ago. Had same issue. Sales staff at the dealership - Audi of North Atlanta ignored me. And I would say I was dressed fairly normally for a car enthusiast - Porsche polo, jeans, ferragamo driving shoes.

Also never had issues with more established luxury brands like Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Porsche or Bentley.

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 07-26-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:05 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
Is there more than one dealer in your area? Like another member said (post 4). Pit the dealers against each other and make THEM work for it. Good luck to you and congrats.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:57 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
1993 964 C2, 1992 FJ80 Land Cruiser, 1971 Chevy C10 Cheyenne.....
Originally Posted by hkakli

I have an Edition ONE available in flat black for sale.

​​​​​​​let me know if interested