W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 MB E63S AMG w/ AMR Performance ECU Upgrade goes 10.5 at 132mph (tune only)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 12:38 PM
Banned

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 Mercedes E63s AMG
Finally boxing my ECU up! I can't even put into words how excited I am to get this tune. I have been so busy with work and the family, but I finally have some down time to get this over to you guys.

Thanks Matt for all of your help and I will email you tracking this afternoon!
The following 2 users liked this post by thatnewnewe63s:
AMR Performance (05-23-2018), AMR_Matt (05-21-2018)
Old 05-21-2018, 01:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 65 Likes on 44 Posts
2013 Nissan GTR Black Edition, 2017 Mercedes C43 AMG
Originally Posted by thatnewnewe63s
Finally boxing my ECU up! I can't even put into words how excited I am to get this tune. I have been so busy with work and the family, but I finally have some down time to get this over to you guys.

Exciting! I will keep an eye out for your package and we look forward to unleashing the beast
Old 05-23-2018, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Any real customers actually able to duplicate this yet?
Old 05-26-2018, 08:34 PM

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
2018 AMG E63S
I so want this to be real--to be consistently achievable on numerous cars--but this is starting to remind me of the crickets that seem to emerge at the end of any "too good to be true" performance claims.

Any updates?
The following users liked this post:
speedlimit (05-27-2018)
Old 05-26-2018, 09:23 PM

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Originally Posted by limeypride
I so want this to be real--to be consistently achievable on numerous cars--but this is starting to remind me of the crickets that seem to emerge at the end of any "too good to be true" performance claims.

Any updates?
I actually responded to this thread 3 days ago but my post was deleted. I guess that’s what happens when you’re a paying sponsor.

From my experience with AMR, they’re notorious for advertising numbers that don’t translate for their customers. I’d assume this is no different.
The following 2 users liked this post by threefirs:
chiromikey (05-26-2018), munis (05-29-2018)
Old 05-26-2018, 10:34 PM

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
2018 AMG E63S
Originally Posted by threefirs

I actually responded to this thread 3 days ago but my post was deleted. I guess that’s what happens when you’re a paying sponsor.

From my experience with AMR, they’re notorious for advertising numbers that don’t translate for their customers. I’d assume this is no different.
I got that impression, too, from a bit of research.

What did you say that got your post deleted--let's see if you can make it a double? Feel free to PM it to me...

For anyone that does read this--when tunes work, folks love 'em… and then they post about them... a lot.. and everywhere. And here we have... <crickets> // PLEASE DON'T DELETE ME
munis (05-28-2018)
Old 05-28-2018, 07:28 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts

Hi,

I deleted your post because you have a post history of injecting yourself into AMR threads with negative comments. I have no idea if you have a personal service experience with them or you are acting on second hand or hearsay information. If you have a current or previous unsatisfactory business relationship with AMR please start your own thread describing the events. Please PM me if you have any further questions, thank you.

Bob
The following 3 users liked this post by speedlimit:
AMR Performance (05-31-2018), AMR_Matt (05-29-2018), DIVINE AMG (05-29-2018)
Old 05-29-2018, 10:28 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Good morning,

I hope everyone had an amazing and safe Memorial Day Weekend!

Any updates?
These numbers are achievable. The platform is new and it will obviously take time before the volume of vehicles are out drag racing and posting results. We have tuned a decent amount of these vehicles since the release of our upgrade, however, due to the nature of this platform, not everyone goes right to the track with it. Many of our clients (and people that buy this car in general), use it as a daily driver. There are those that will be taking theirs to the track (if have not already). I am sure if they are members of this forum, they will post their results themselves.

Adam, you do not have have any first hand experience with our brand, only "heresay". You have never used our products or services and would appreciate it if you would stop trolling our threads.

As far as advertising numbers, we have plenty of clients on Dragy, social media and even this forum that have time and time again not only proven, but beaten our own 0-60 and quarter mile times on a variety of platforms. With that being said, your comment is negative, misinformed and unnecessary.

For anyone that does read this--when tunes work, folks love 'em… and then they post about them... a lot.. and everywhere. And here we have... <crickets> // PLEASE DON'T DELETE ME
Yes they do and from our research, on this platform and on this section of MBWorld, all of the major brands seemed to have posted one result of their gains, whether is be their company car or one client's car (such as yourself).

Crickets? The thread is about our experience with our car at the track.

Originally Posted by speedlimit
Hi,

I deleted your post because you have a post history of injecting yourself into AMR threads with negative comments. I have no idea if you have a personal service experience with them or you are acting on second hand or hearsay information. If you have a current or previous unsatisfactory business relationship with AMR please start your own thread describing the events. Please PM me if you have any further questions, thank you.

Bob
Thank you Bob.
The following 2 users liked this post by AMR_Matt:
AMR Performance (05-31-2018), DIVINE AMG (05-29-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 01:48 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 Mercedes E63 S, Boring SUV, 2015 CLS63 AMR Stage 1 (traded), 2015 Audi S8 w/ APR stage 2 (sold)
I had my 2015 CLS 63 tuned by AMR this past October and was very happy with the results. I drove to their CT location, waited a few hours, and drove home with a smile ear-to-ear. Matt if you're reading this, I'm probably the only Andrew from New York who drove there and waited while you tuned a black CLS 63.

So I traded the CLS two weeks ago for a 2018 E63 with 1400 miles and loving the new car so far. The E63 is fast as hell stock but of course I need a tune (Matt make me a deal lol). I've pretty much tuned all my cars in the past 13 years (about 8) with all thumbs up and zero regrets.
The following 3 users liked this post by Andrew-NY:
AMR Performance (07-10-2018), AMR_Matt (07-10-2018), DIVINE AMG (07-10-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 02:04 AM

2018 Mercedes E63 S, Boring SUV, 2015 CLS63 AMR Stage 1 (traded), 2015 Audi S8 w/ APR stage 2 (sold)

Ummm lol so ? I'm sure you were excited but I'd love to know your excitement post-tune. Since you were boxing it up about 6 weeks ago, I'll assume you got it back and installed it by now ha... I haven't been on the forum in quite a while but I'm back and looking to tune my 2018 E63. My CLS was tuned by AMR so I'm paying attention to this thread since I'd like to drive up to AMR for my 2nd tune. Seems not so many people have tuned their 2018 E63 so far. Cheers

Last edited by Andrew-NY; 07-10-2018 at 02:07 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Andrew-NY:
AMR Performance (07-10-2018), DIVINE AMG (07-10-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 09:51 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Andrew-NY
I had my 2015 CLS 63 tuned by AMR this past October and was very happy with the results. I drove to their CT location, waited a few hours, and drove home with a smile ear-to-ear. Matt if you're reading this, I'm probably the only Andrew from New York who drove there and waited while you tuned a black CLS 63.

So I traded the CLS two weeks ago for a 2018 E63 with 1400 miles and loving the new car so far. The E63 is fast as hell stock but of course I need a tune (Matt make me a deal lol). I've pretty much tuned all my cars in the past 13 years (about 8) with all thumbs up and zero regrets.
Andrew!

How are you my friend? It is great to see more of our clients on this section of the forum.

Give me a call and we can chat about your new beast

Old 07-10-2018, 12:16 PM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
I have a real world example.
​​My friend had the renntech tune and decided to try the amr tune with an additional ecu. On the same night with the exact same conditions the amr ecu could only get 11.4 to 11.5 somehow slower than stock. Quick change of ecu and 10.8 with the renntech..im not 100 percent sure which company I'll go with when my e63s gets here but that's pretty startling
munis (07-11-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 12:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by jkob5
I have a real world example.
​​My friend had the renntech tune and decided to try the amr tune with an additional ecu. On the same night with the exact same conditions the amr ecu could only get 11.4 to 11.5 somehow slower than stock. Quick change of ecu and 10.8 with the renntech..im not 100 percent sure which company I'll go with when my e63s gets here but that's pretty startling
I know the exact person you are referring to. That specific individual had more modifications than stock. Our tune was calibrated for a completely stock vehicle. We later found out he has downpipes on the car along with other items, which we were not informed of. This is not a real world comparison as one tune was calibrated for the modifications done to the vehicle and ours was not.

Regardless, we had a pleasurable experience with the client.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:58 PM
Banned

2018 Mercedes E63s AMG
Ummm lol so ? I'm sure you were excited but I'd love to know your excitement post-tune. Since you were boxing it up about 6 weeks ago, I'll assume you got it back and installed it by now ha... I haven't been on the forum in quite a while but I'm back and looking to tune my 2018 E63. My CLS was tuned by AMR so I'm paying attention to this thread since I'd like to drive up to AMR for my 2nd tune. Seems not so many people have tuned their 2018 E63 so far. Cheers
Hey! Sorry, I have been away on business and haven't had much time to update my experience, but................this car is PHENOMENAL. The throttle response is unbelievable (closer to what I would have expected from the factory) lol and actually quite dangerous at times if you are not paying attention. I have to give my wife full disclaimers before she drives it and leave it in comfort mode for her.

As far as the track, I do not see myself going there in the near future as I really do not have the time for that, however, I can tell you this is a street monster. Just in my daily commute alone, I have walked an M5, M6 and a GTR haha I would 110% recommend this tune. You have dealt with AMR before, so I am sure you are aware of their products and how they operate, making this a simple choice for you.

Also, I am jealous that you are local to them! I would have loved to have gone on their new dyno and see what my car is doing. Let me know how your experience goes and good luck!
Old 07-10-2018, 01:12 PM

19 E63s
Originally Posted by AMR_Matt
I know the exact person you are referring to. That specific individual had more modifications than stock. Our tune was calibrated for a completely stock vehicle. We later found out he has downpipes on the car along with other items, which we were not informed of. This is not a real world comparison as one tune was calibrated for the modifications done to the vehicle and ours was not.

Regardless, we had a pleasurable experience with the client.
I have some basic knowledge of tuning having tuned many 4g63s myself and I don't see how high flow cats would change anything but I don't have enough knowledge on these engines and tunes to comment and admittedly they are very different. My friend also tells me AMR was very amicable. As someone entering the ecu tune market myself soon I would prefer to purchase a tune from someone having seen real world customer examples of pre and post dyno tunes preferably on 3rd party dynos or pre and post 1/4 runs. I'm always surprised that these are so difficult to find I will definitely post both dyno and 1/4 comparisons when I get mine.
The following 2 users liked this post by jkob5:
chiromikey (07-10-2018), munis (07-11-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
I have some basic knowledge of tuning having tuned many 4g63s myself and I don't see how high flow cats would change anything but I don't have enough knowledge on these engines and tunes to comment and admittedly they are very different. My friend also tells me AMR was very amicable. As someone entering the ecu tune market myself soon I would prefer to purchase a tune from someone having seen real world customer examples of pre and post dyno tunes preferably on 3rd party dynos or pre and post 1/4 runs. I'm always surprised that these are so difficult to find I will definitely post both dyno and 1/4 comparisons when I get mine.
Normally I will not disagree with the above assessment based on my past of tuning several different platforms myself from piggybacks to full standalone ECU systems. However, I have seen that on the more modern German cars, even removing the stock bypass valve in the exhaust can trigger a reduced power output and a code. Based on that, I will say its very plausible that without tuning for it, the car will run on a reduced power output if you remove the cats.
DIVINE AMG (07-10-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 04:19 PM

19 E63s
Originally Posted by kponti
Normally I will not disagree with the above assessment based on my past of tuning several different platforms myself from piggybacks to full standalone ECU systems. However, I have seen that on the more modern German cars, even removing the stock bypass valve in the exhaust can trigger a reduced power output and a code. Based on that, I will say its very plausible that without tuning for it, the car will run on a reduced power output if you remove the cats.

That I could understand, but high flow cats and no CEL?

It's really simple. These companies need to prove their claims. The market demands more and more power so some companies have overstated gains, used optimistic dyno corrections etc to the point where its all cloudy now and you can't trust any company's claims, especially on their own dyno and no customer hard evidence..
​​
Show me a customer car running 10.6 and hell I'll buy it.
The following 2 users liked this post by jkob5:
chiromikey (07-10-2018), munis (07-11-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 05:33 PM

19 E63s
Those are good points. Looking forward to seeing a customer car verify the dyno and ET.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:32 PM

Andrew!

How are you my friend? It is great to see more of our clients on this section of the forum.

Thanks Matt, and I hope all is good there as well. I'll give you a call later today.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:38 PM

Hey! Sorry, I have been away on business and haven't had much time to update my experience, but................this car is PHENOMENAL. The throttle response is unbelievable (closer to what I would have expected from the factory) lol and actually quite dangerous at times if you are not paying attention. I have to give my wife full disclaimers before she drives it and leave it in comfort mode for her.

As far as the track, I do not see myself going there in the near future as I really do not have the time for that, however, I can tell you this is a street monster. Just in my daily commute alone, I have walked an M5, M6 and a GTR haha I would 110% recommend this tune. You have dealt with AMR before, so I am sure you are aware of their products and how they operate, making this a simple choice for you.

Also, I am jealous that you are local to them! I would have loved to have gone on their new dyno and see what my car is doing. Let me know how your experience goes and good luck!
No worries, I've been pretty busy myself so I understand. Lol I'm not exactly local; it's about 2 hours drive which isn't too bad. Have a nice summer, Cheers ..
Old 07-11-2018, 02:13 PM

That I could understand, but high flow cats and no CEL?

It's really simple. These companies need to prove their claims. The market demands more and more power so some companies have overstated gains, used optimistic dyno corrections etc to the point where its all cloudy now and you can't trust any company's claims, especially on their own dyno and no customer hard evidence..
​​
Show me a customer car running 10.6 and hell I'll buy it.
I didn't have the ability to dyno (before/after) most of the cars I've tuned (all turbo) so I didn't know the exact increase in HP/TQ. That being said, my butt dyno was good enough for me to accept the power gains (post tune) were consistent with expectations (claims). I have personal experience with Renntech, AMR , AWE Tuning, Hennessey Venom, Callaway, GIAC, and APR. Just want to mention that I don't have experience with 'piggy-back' tunes.

Last edited by Andrew-NY; 07-11-2018 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:32 AM

Andrew!

Drove up to AMR on Friday to tune my E63. I decided to go with their 'street tune' (stage 1) for now, which adds 80-100 hp/tq. I might upgrade to the 'race tune' later but I have to say that the car pulls really hard with only the street tune. Very happy with the results. Thanks Matt
The following 3 users liked this post by Andrew-NY:
AMR Performance (07-16-2018), AMR_Matt (07-16-2018), DIVINE AMG (07-16-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 10:15 AM
Banned

2018 Mercedes E63s AMG
No worries, I've been pretty busy myself so I understand. Lol I'm not exactly local; it's about 2 hours drive which isn't too bad. Have a nice summer, Cheers ..
Thanks man, you too! I see you ended up taking the drive to AMR lol congrats! There is no better feeling than ripping the car with that tune. Enjoy it!