Notices
W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017/2018
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sticky tires for 1/4 mile

 
Old 03-21-2019, 08:18 AM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Meeru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 160
Likes: 0
Liked 32 Times in 24 Posts
2018 GLE63S Coupe, 2018 E63s
Sticky tires for 1/4 mile

Hey! Anyone know what drag radials I could run on the stock wheel setup?
I would love to run 19s but I doubt itíll clear the brakes.
Iím not sure if the MT ET street S/S will fit on stock wheels but ideally Iíd want those
Any suggestions?
Meeru is offline  
Old 03-21-2019, 08:43 AM
  #2  
Super Member
 
Ralcbah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 673
Liked 86 Times in 78 Posts
2018 E63S
Toyo R888R's. Installed them on my 20s at all four corners. Car is super solid now. Before, if I nailed it from a dig, I would get tons of wheelspin, and well it just wasn't fun anymore. Same thing from a roll, nail it, and all four tires spin, and the car would get wonky. Now, car hooks and goes, and they corner amazing as well. Haven't been to the track yet with them; hopefully tomorrow. Cut a 1.67 60' on the street yesterday....not too shabby. The tires do hum, but if you're looking for a race tire, try these; they will improve your car in every way, including acceleration, cornering, and braking....street and track.

Last edited by Ralcbah; 03-21-2019 at 08:45 AM.
Ralcbah is offline  
Old 03-21-2019, 08:45 AM
  #3  
Super Member
 
Ralcbah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 673
Liked 86 Times in 78 Posts
2018 E63S
285/30/20 and 255/35/20
Ralcbah is offline  
Old 03-21-2019, 02:45 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 359
Liked 25 Times in 23 Posts
2019 E63, 2011 E350, 1997 F50
Are these good for track days? Everyone I know that uses these tires all drag race or roll race with them.
Michael Khan is offline  
Old 03-21-2019, 02:48 PM
  #5  
Super Member
 
Ralcbah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 673
Liked 86 Times in 78 Posts
2018 E63S
Originally Posted by Michael Khan View Post
Are these good for track days? Everyone I know that uses these tires all drag race or roll race with them.
Yeah man...they are made for road course racing, but happen to also be really great for straight line racing.
Ralcbah is offline  
The following users liked this post: Ralcbah
Michael Khan (03-21-2019)
Old 03-21-2019, 02:50 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 359
Liked 25 Times in 23 Posts
2019 E63, 2011 E350, 1997 F50
Originally Posted by Ralcbah View Post
Yeah man...they are made for road course racing, but happen to also be really great for straight line racing.
You are running them on the stock wheels? 285/30/20 and 255/35/20 or would I have to get aftermarket set to even use them.
Michael Khan is offline  
Old 03-21-2019, 02:51 PM
  #7  
Super Member
 
Ralcbah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 673
Liked 86 Times in 78 Posts
2018 E63S
Originally Posted by Michael Khan View Post
You are running them on the stock wheels? 285/30/20 and 255/35/20 or would I have to get aftermarket set to even use them.
Stock wheels are what I'm using.
Ralcbah is offline  
Old 03-21-2019, 03:08 PM
  #8  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: NY
Posts: 48
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
2019 AMG E63S
Isn't stock tires for 2019 E63S : 265/35/20 Front and 295/30/20 ?
Benowen is offline  
Old 03-21-2019, 03:23 PM
  #9  
Super Member
 
Ralcbah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 673
Liked 86 Times in 78 Posts
2018 E63S
Originally Posted by Benowen View Post
Isn't stock tires for 2019 E63S : 265/35/20 Front and 295/30/20 ?
Yep. If you look at the tire specs, the ones I listed are closest to the OEM michelins. I think any larger will balloon.
Ralcbah is offline  
Old 03-21-2019, 03:49 PM
  #10  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Houston
Posts: 643
Liked 69 Times in 62 Posts
19 E63s
I don't understand, you're slipping from a roll??? There's just no way unless you're much more powerful than stock. I cut 1.65 all day long at the track or the street on stock ps4s. The stock tires just need a little temp in them. 75 degrees F or higher and you'll hook.
jkob5 is offline  
Old 03-21-2019, 03:52 PM
  #11  
Super Member
 
Ralcbah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 673
Liked 86 Times in 78 Posts
2018 E63S
Yes, slipping from a roll. Not stock. 725whp/725wtq. It's such an improvement for me, I may sell my 21s, so I can buy new 20s to run these all the time. It's just more fun. Stock car, yeah, PS4S were just fine.
Ralcbah is offline  
Old 03-21-2019, 05:00 PM
  #12  
Super Member
 
Ralcbah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 673
Liked 86 Times in 78 Posts
2018 E63S
pic of car on tires & low..for folks to see fitment


​​​​​​​
Ralcbah is offline  
Old 03-21-2019, 11:26 PM
  #13  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Houston
Posts: 643
Liked 69 Times in 62 Posts
19 E63s
Originally Posted by Ralcbah View Post
Yes, slipping from a roll. Not stock. 725whp/725wtq. It's such an improvement for me, I may sell my 21s, so I can buy new 20s to run these all the time. It's just more fun. Stock car, yeah, PS4S were just fine.
Wow impressive numbers. Care to tell your setup? In that case pilot sport cup 2 or toyo r888. Though toyos are known for straight line grip and reportedly have poor lateral grip.
jkob5 is offline  
Old 03-22-2019, 06:16 AM
  #14  
Super Member
 
Ralcbah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 673
Liked 86 Times in 78 Posts
2018 E63S
Originally Posted by jkob5 View Post
Wow impressive numbers. Care to tell your setup? In that case pilot sport cup 2 or toyo r888. Though toyos are known for straight line grip and reportedly have poor lateral grip.
Pure stage 1 turbos, all the supporting stuff, lowered, f1 fab adjustable control arms, etc...if curious, check out my thread...has all the details. Car is not done yet, but getting close.

Regarding the r888r, gotta disagree with you man. I understand you may have heard this, but you should not to believe what you heard in this case. Read about the tire, and maybe try it out. But I would absolutely not say the tire has poor lateral grip...it was designed for that, and def achieves it.
Ralcbah is offline  
Old 03-22-2019, 11:26 AM
  #15  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: WA
Posts: 246
Liked 21 Times in 18 Posts
e63s
Originally Posted by Ralcbah View Post
Pure stage 1 turbos, all the supporting stuff, lowered, f1 fab adjustable control arms, etc...if curious, check out my thread...has all the details. Car is not done yet, but getting close.

Regarding the r888r, gotta disagree with you man. I understand you may have heard this, but you should not to believe what you heard in this case. Read about the tire, and maybe try it out. But I would absolutely not say the tire has poor lateral grip...it was designed for that, and def achieves it.
Let me ask only one question, are you from some southern state, right?)
Mandarin is online now  
Old 03-22-2019, 12:11 PM
  #16  
Super Member
 
Ralcbah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 673
Liked 86 Times in 78 Posts
2018 E63S
Originally Posted by Mandarin View Post
Let me ask only one question, are you from some southern state, right?)
You are correct.
Ralcbah is offline  
Old 03-23-2019, 01:55 PM
  #17  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: WA
Posts: 246
Liked 21 Times in 18 Posts
e63s
Originally Posted by Ralcbah View Post
You are correct.
This is the key to use r888 for daily. Different states can have not good weather conditions for that. Here in WA, we have about 8 months of rain and pretty cold January - February time (the last February we had 14F outside a few times). Summer is also not so hot and the temperature is rarely over 75F.

I would not recommend using these tires for daily. I had R35 GT-R before and many people from our club were using r888 as daily but their daily was outside a few times per month.
Mandarin is online now  
Old 03-23-2019, 02:02 PM
  #18  
Super Member
 
Ralcbah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 673
Liked 86 Times in 78 Posts
2018 E63S
Originally Posted by Mandarin View Post
This is the key to use r888 for daily. Different states can have not good weather conditions for that. Here in WA, we have about 8 months of rain and pretty cold January - February time (the last February we had 14F outside a few times). Summer is also not so hot and the temperature is rarely over 75F.

I would not recommend using these tires for daily. I had R35 GT-R before and many people from our club were using r888 as daily but their daily was outside a few times per month.
Yeah that's def the key. Op is asking for drag tires for 1/4 mile.
Ralcbah is offline  
Old 03-23-2019, 02:10 PM
  #19  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: WA
Posts: 246
Liked 21 Times in 18 Posts
e63s
Originally Posted by Ralcbah View Post
Yeah that's def the key. Op is asking for drag tires for 1/4 mile.
For 1/4 they are good, no doubts )))
Mandarin is online now  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: Sticky tires for 1/4 mile


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: