Faults founds during E53 PDI - Advice and Opinions Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E53 Wagon
Faults founds during E53 PDI - Advice and Opinions Please

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum and still waiting to take delivery of my first Mercedes. I ordered an E53 wagon in March, and it arrived at the dealership in May. While going through PDI in May, the dealer discovered that there was no power going to the left side of the steering wheel and the wheel needed to replaced with a new one from the factory. Fast forward to today and the second PDI and, while the new steering wheel seems to be working, the stereo-optic camera module is no longer talking to the CPU. So, delivery delayed again. I'm growing concerned that there might be a systematic problem on this new car.

Do any of you have thoughts/comments on this issue and the potential overall reliability of the car? I'm considering refusing delivery and ordering a new E53 instead of taking this one, which is starting to smell lemony.

Thanks!!!
Old 06-29-2019, 07:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,925 Likes on 3,091 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Hard to say. Before starting up the lemon discussion with the dealer, read very carefully any papers you have signed for the vehicle. Look for cancellation or termination language, particularly as it relates to time limit for notification of dissatisfaction or dispute. Then read very carefully anything that your state or municipality sets forth in law or ordnance on this topic. You will then understand what flexibility and remedies you have, or don't have.

Then you have a decision to make. Start a dispute process or not. The dispute process could be resolved by cancellation of the deal, or by another mutually agreeable remedy.

The traditional definition of a lemon is when the same problem cannot be rectified after three attempts. From the information you have provided, your E53 does not seem to fit the classical lemon description.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W213 AMG forum...
Old 06-29-2019, 04:56 PM

Received 109 Likes on 71 Posts
‘22 Ram Limited 4x4, '21 GLE63S, ‘14 Corvette Stingray
Is it really your E53? Have you signed on the papers yet? If not, no need to pursue any lemon anything. Just tell them you’re no longer comfortable accepting this build due to the electrical issues that are obvious before you’ve even sat your butt in the car. They really shouldn’t give you issues since you’re still wanting to give them your business. I do applaud their transparency. A crappy dealer would have gone through with the delivery.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:16 AM
sjb

Received 174 Likes on 64 Posts
S213 E63
Originally Posted by Dunga
Is it really your E53? Have you signed on the papers yet? If not, no need to pursue any lemon anything. Just tell them you’re no longer comfortable accepting this build due to the electrical issues that are obvious before you’ve even sat your butt in the car. They really shouldn’t give you issues since you’re still wanting to give them your business. I do applaud their transparency. A crappy dealer would have gone through with the delivery.
this.