2021 E63S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 02:14 PM

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
2021 GLE580, 2022 BMW X5, 2022 911GTS Incoming
2021 E63S

Hello,
New to Mercedes and thinking about ordering a 2021 E63S. I have had Audi, Porsche, and Land Rover in the past and I am ready for a change. I was waiting for a RS6 but am not too impressed with the performance reviews so far. I would appreciate any thoughts on options and also a recommendation on a good dealership in the South Eastern PA area. I am in Newtown Square Pennsylvania.
Thanks,
Eric
Old 07-22-2020, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 317 Likes on 234 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by ENCT
Hello,
New to Mercedes and thinking about ordering a 2021 E63S. I have had Audi, Porsche, and Land Rover in the past and I am ready for a change. I was waiting for a RS6 but am not too impressed with the performance reviews so far. I would appreciate any thoughts on options and also a recommendation on a good dealership in the South Eastern PA area. I am in Newtown Square Pennsylvania.
Thanks,
Eric
Options will depend on how you use the car. If you'll be tracking it and/or really hate brake dust, the CCBs could be worth it to you. If you take road trips and/or consider sound important, the 3-D Burmester could be worth it. Similarly, cosmetic options are a matter of taste. Some people like blacked out chrome and lots of carbon. I went with "sleeper," none of that but fully debadged. I love soft-close doors and wouldn't be without them. The acoustic package is important if you hate road noise, but be aware that these tires will transmit a lot of noise into the cabin in any case and it adds weight. DISTRONIC, part of the Driver Assistance Package, is mandatory for road trips in my opinion, even though I turn off most of the other assistance nannies.
Old 07-22-2020, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by whoover
Options will depend on how you use the car. If you'll be tracking it and/or really hate brake dust, the CCBs could be worth it to you. If you take road trips and/or consider sound important, the 3-D Burmester could be worth it. Similarly, cosmetic options are a matter of taste. Some people like blacked out chrome and lots of carbon. I went with "sleeper," none of that but fully debadged. I love soft-close doors and wouldn't be without them. The acoustic package is important if you hate road noise, but be aware that these tires will transmit a lot of noise into the cabin in any case and it adds weight. DISTRONIC, part of the Driver Assistance Package, is mandatory for road trips in my opinion, even though I turn off most of the other assistance nannies.
CCB's are a must for me, I had them on two previous cars and loved them. The other items you listed I planned on as well. Most likely no sunroof. I spoke with a dealer today and didn't get a very good feeling about his knowledge. I actually had more information than he did. Hence the request for a dealer and SA recommendation. Thanks for the reply.
Old 07-24-2020, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 317 Likes on 234 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
CCB's are a must for me, I had them on two previous cars and loved them. The other items you listed I planned on as well. Most likely no sunroof. I spoke with a dealer today and didn't get a very good feeling about his knowledge. I actually had more information than he did. Hence the request for a dealer and SA recommendation. Thanks for the reply.
They all have sunroofs. The option is the panoramic sunroof.
Old 07-26-2020, 11:19 AM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
2020 E63S Wagon, 2021 GLE450
Hello,
Thanks,
Eric

Are you looking at a sedan or wagon?

I got the assistance package with the lane keep assist and other watchdogs. I didn’t get the Ceramic brakes because mine is a daily driver and didn’t think it was worth it. I have a wagon, so I chose the Acoustic Package, which helps, and since it is a wagon, I couldn’t upgrade the radio. That said, the basic Burmester system in the wagon is really good. I passed on all the Carbon design pieces. And I got the Headlight package, as I live in a very dark area at night and the headlights are amazing.

But have fun ordering the car as you wish.
Old 07-26-2020, 12:51 PM

Received 294 Likes on 144 Posts
E63S Wagon
Enjoy the build process. I took most non-carbon fiber related options on my wagon. My favorites: CCB, soft close doors, acoustic comfort and adaptive cruise stuff.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:17 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,405 Likes on 2,848 Posts
2012 CLS63
Personally, I think it's beautiful!

Trending Topics

Old 07-28-2020, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by hyperion667
Personally, I think it's beautiful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFcqkhL4hic
I agree

Originally Posted by Sixpaqs
Are you looking at a sedan or wagon?

I got the assistance package with the lane keep assist and other watchdogs. I didn’t get the Ceramic brakes because mine is a daily driver and didn’t think it was worth it. I have a wagon, so I chose the Acoustic Package, which helps, and since it is a wagon, I couldn’t upgrade the radio. That said, the basic Burmester system in the wagon is really good. I passed on all the Carbon design pieces. And I got the Headlight package, as I live in a very dark area at night and the headlights are amazing.

But have fun ordering the car as you wish.
Looking at a sedan