W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fix for W213 dashboard creak rattle+ Fix for W213 steering popping on incline/decline

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2021, 03:51 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
C180 Coupe (C205)=> C 300 Coupe (C205)=> E350E AMG (W213) => ??
Fix for W213 dashboard creak rattle+ Fix for W213 steering popping on incline/decline

Hi all, I have finally fixed my car at the dealer. I now travel 100km on electric and it's whisper quiet. I don't know the name of the part, but I am attaching some pictures. Take off the plastic covers and you will find loose bolts. Tighten them.

Better insert some felt tape as well in the bolt hole and tighten on it, as my dealer did.

I was surprised that my dealer knew what he was doing, he told me both the rattle AND the pop are the same thing it's the aluminum piece moving in the dashboard. At first I thought my steering going crazy.

Anyway, I hope this helps as many people as possible, I know for a fact at least 3 people have now had their creaking stop including me.

As you see in the pictures, where I have circled, just remove the plastic cover on top and tighten these bolts. You're done.

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/0FG6thF
The following 4 users liked this post by MBOCD:
arcticfox (06-21-2021), bobblehead (06-21-2021), S63AMG888 (11-30-2021), W205C43PFL (07-22-2021)
Old 06-21-2021, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 668 Likes on 515 Posts
go fast grocery getter wagon
wow. your service advisor is good !!
Old 11-30-2021, 09:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
are you able to reup those pictures?
Old 11-30-2021, 09:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
C180 Coupe (C205)=> C 300 Coupe (C205)=> E350E AMG (W213) => ??
They still work see the link above
Old 12-01-2021, 12:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
oh; thanks! guess blocked by internet @ work
Old 09-12-2022, 03:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e400
Originally Posted by MBOCD
Hi all, I have finally fixed my car at the dealer. I now travel 100km on electric and it's whisper quiet. I don't know the name of the part, but I am attaching some pictures. Take off the plastic covers and you will find loose bolts. Tighten them.

Better insert some felt tape as well in the bolt hole and tighten on it, as my dealer did.

I was surprised that my dealer knew what he was doing, he told me both the rattle AND the pop are the same thing it's the aluminum piece moving in the dashboard. At first I thought my steering going crazy.

Anyway, I hope this helps as many people as possible, I know for a fact at least 3 people have now had their creaking stop including me.

As you see in the pictures, where I have circled, just remove the plastic cover on top and tighten these bolts. You're done.

thanks for posting this, I went out to my C238 (E400) and it has these aluminum bars, I guess they are tensioners or engine braces, but they appeared to be very tight, I had a 10mm pro socket wrench but it didn't seem to grip this 'mercedes' nut so well, and slipped off when I applied pressure,
do I need a special tool to tighten these nuts ?

also, the other two 'nuts' you have circled in your photos are just plastic caps sitting on what I guess is the AC tubes, they can be tightned by hand...

cheers
niall
Old 09-15-2022, 09:29 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2007 mercedes e63, 2006 bmw 530 Xi with Mtech kit , 2005 ford expedition

This is in the engine bay ? I thought the issue was the cover on top of the dash inside the car ?

Trending Topics

Old 09-17-2022, 04:23 AM

e400
Originally Posted by bigjule
This is in the engine bay ? I thought the issue was the cover on top of the dash inside the car ?
i've no idea, i'm just trying to fix the problem
have you seen threads where they state it is the top of the dash ?
Old 09-17-2022, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
Mine isn't this, the bar is nice and tight in my car. It does not pop, but I do hear creaking
Old 01-27-2024, 07:17 AM

C 250 Cabriolet
Thank you

Hi I have a Mercedes C 250 Cabriolet 2018 with the same problem , had the dash to bits and added padding everywhere , still had the noise ! was going to see the car until i read your thread . Had to buy the socket to fit but it cured it so thank you !
Old 01-27-2024, 07:45 AM

e400
Originally Posted by Andrew Croydon
Hi I have a Mercedes C 250 Cabriolet 2018 with the same problem , had the dash to bits and added padding everywhere , still had the noise ! was going to see the car until i read your thread . Had to buy the socket to fit but it cured it so thank you !
where did you buy the socket and what is it called exactly ?