Sponsored by:

Dashcam & augmented navigation not available

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350S4
Dashcam & augmented navigation not available

Just spent a few minutes at my dealer yesterday to finalize the specs for my 22 E63s wagon (ordered Jan 2020, allocation for Sept 2020). The options for the dashcam and augmented navigation are not available anymore due to chip shortage.

I tried to see if they could throw me a bone with some complementary service, extended warranty etc but nothing was possible.

its a dog eat dog world!
Old 07-13-2021, 01:50 PM

Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts
2021 E63S Wagon 2019 S63 AMG Coupé 2015 S Coupé Edition 1 1970 Chevelle LS5
Originally Posted by Rodolpho
Just spent a few minutes at my dealer yesterday to finalize the specs for my 22 E63s wagon (ordered Jan 2020, allocation for Sept 2020). The options for the dashcam and augmented navigation are not available anymore due to chip shortage.

I tried to see if they could throw me a bone with some complementary service, extended warranty etc but nothing was possible.

its a dog eat dog world!
To be honest, you will not miss those 2 options. I have them, and have not used the dash cam. Used AR once to try it out.

When I picked up my car, there were multiple potential buyers, willing to go +10K over MSRP. So dealers are not going to comp you nothing. That’s the reality of current Wagons. When/if it comes in, just pick it up and enjoy it.
Old 07-13-2021, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 468 Likes on 274 Posts
2014 E350 Wagon, 2014 BMW M5
I know this sucks. All cars should have integrated dashcams. I could do without most all of the electronic garbage in these cars but not a dashcam. But as someone pointed out in another thread... MBs solution was only partial as it is front only. When I get mine I will get a full dash cam installed, front and rear.
Old 07-15-2021, 02:37 AM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 MB AMG E 63s Wagon, 2017 Porsche Macan Turbo w/Performance Package
Originally Posted by ocdbroker
I know this sucks. All cars should have integrated dashcams. I could do without most all of the electronic garbage in these cars but not a dashcam. But as someone pointed out in another thread... MBs solution was only partial as it is front only. When I get mine I will get a full dash cam installed, front and rear.
Definitely need both front/rear to protect yourself. Exactly what I did, I had a front/rear dash cam installed last week. Now I have piece of mind when driving in case I'm ever involved in an accident. The truth will always be told when you have video from your dashcam...called CYA! Having a dashcam installed is one of the first things we have done for a while now when we get a new vehicle.

Last edited by TDoug1; 07-15-2021 at 02:45 AM.
Old 07-15-2021, 07:49 AM

Received 146 Likes on 92 Posts
AMG E63 Hammer Wagon. Alfa, Rover, Ferrari, Porsche.
Never used dash cams but I agree its a good idea. What systems are you guys using? Hopefully they’re relatively low profile?
Old 07-15-2021, 09:22 AM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Range Rover Velar SVAutobiography
You would think they can easily just integrate the reverse camera into the recording. I mean the camera is already there. But to be fair, I don’t think they put in the dash cam as a CYA for drivers, but as a tool to record your track days. CYA capabilities is just a consequence.
Old 07-15-2021, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 591 Likes on 403 Posts
2024 AMG EQE SUV , 2021 E63S Wagon - gone, 2018 E63S Sedan - gone
Originally Posted by utsteve98
You would think they can easily just integrate the reverse camera into the recording. I mean the camera is already there. But to be fair, I don’t think they put in the dash cam as a CYA for drivers, but as a tool to record your track days. CYA capabilities is just a consequence.
The rear camera has an activated cover which is normally shut. I suppose that it could be set open other than reverse. The parking button on the console when depressed causes the rear cover to open and the camera view displayed.

Trending Topics

Old 07-15-2021, 03:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
W213 E63S
Picked my ride up from the dealership yesterday - service advisor indicated that their warehouse was completely empty. They only have A-classes left to sell.

Another sales rep also indicated holders of 2022 S-class allocations are getting notifications that their copies will be delivered missing significant premium features, the most common of which appears to be the massage seats.

Can you imagine buying an S-class and getting an C-class seat?
Old 07-15-2021, 06:40 PM

Received 146 Likes on 92 Posts
AMG E63 Hammer Wagon. Alfa, Rover, Ferrari, Porsche.
Gosh I must be in the minority on massaging seats. In all the cars I've had/been in with them, I turned them on once or twice, thought they were annoying/gimmicky, and never turned them on again. I guess I'll have to give them another try the next time I come across them to see what all the fuss is about!
Old 07-15-2021, 06:58 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Range Rover Velar SVAutobiography
Originally Posted by bullmrkt
Gosh I must be in the minority on massaging seats. In all the cars I've had/been in with them, I turned them on once or twice, thought they were annoying/gimmicky, and never turned them on again. I guess I'll have to give them another try the next time I come across them to see what all the fuss is about!
They are nice, but certainly not necessary. I have them come on automatically after 15 mins on my Range Rover. You start getting used to using them the more you use them. I opted for them in my current build. I also figure it's one of those features that consumers prefer to have than not have. I'll see how they are on this car when I get it in the next week or 2.
Old 07-16-2021, 02:20 PM

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
2020 E63S Wagon, 2007 335i convertible (tuned to 400hp), 2011 Audi A4 Avant
I want a dashcam, but am waiting a bit for the technology to move forward so I can get a discreet (small) 4k/UHD camera for a decent price. Right now it looks like Blackvue DR900 is the front runner, but it is PRICEY due to almost zero competition.
Old 07-16-2021, 03:31 PM

Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts
2021 E63S Wagon 2019 S63 AMG Coupé 2015 S Coupé Edition 1 1970 Chevelle LS5
Originally Posted by bullmrkt
I have massage seats in the S, but due to the shortages, not in the E. I use them all the time when I drive the S, coming home from treatments, etc… but was not going to let it deter me from acquiring the E. After all, if I need it, I can pick the right car to drive.