Sponsored by:

Auto Close Trunk Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2024, 09:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63
Auto Close Trunk Issue

All - I posed in the E class forum as well (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...unk-issue.html), but I have an issue with the trunk on my E63.

Basically, I brought the car to the dealer for a normal service and one thing they noted was the battery needed to be replaced. After I picked it up, I didn't notice for a few days as I didn't open the trunk, but the automatic trunk does not work. In searching for solutions it seems some people have this issue after changing out the battery, but I can't seem to find the actual solution.

Short is every thing seems to be connected, but when the trunk is opened it must be manually opened save for the first couple of inches. Then to close, the interior buttons do not close it (though the lock button will lock all doors) and it must be manually closed and held closed for a few seconds to force it to latch.

Anyone have an idea how to fix? I think their isn't a hardware issue as everything seems to work otherwise and when googling other seem to have had the same issue after a battery replacement.
Old 01-09-2024, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 529 Posts
go fast grocery getter wagon
from the different sources online, it seems the trunk needs to be reset/initialized after replacement of battery. So, you should take the car back and have the dealer correct the issue.
Old 01-09-2024, 12:16 PM

E63
Originally Posted by bobblehead
from the different sources online, it seems the trunk needs to be reset/initialized after replacement of battery. So, you should take the car back and have the dealer correct the issue.
Agree that is the issue I think, was hoping someone here could link to how to do the reset as the dealer is not super attentive and/or timely.
Old 01-09-2024, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ggoodlife
Agree that is the issue I think, was hoping someone here could link to how to do the reset as the dealer is not super attentive and/or timely.
from the threads I have read, those had taken the car back to the dealer. Don't really know if there is other ways ... I don't believe it is a DIY at home.
Old 01-09-2024, 12:39 PM

E63
from the threads I have read, those had taken the car back to the dealer. Don't really know if there is other ways ... I don't believe it is a DIY at home.
I've seen a few different things, but not directly on the W213. Hopefully someone here will post what the dealer would do....and maybe it can be done DIY or not DIY

If not, will wait the 3 weeks for the dealer appointment and get it fixed then. Though my worry is they will go down the rabbit hole of replacing the latch and such which I don't think is the issue.
Old 01-09-2024, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You just need to inform dealer that there was no issue prior to the battery replacement.
Old 01-09-2024, 12:46 PM

E63
You just need to inform dealer that there was no issue prior to the battery replacement.
Agree...they just don't have an appointment available for 3 weeks
The following users liked this post:
bobblehead (01-09-2024)