W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present

PTG Carbon intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2024, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi RS5, Amg GLE 43, Amg E63s
PTG Carbon intake

Hi guys im new to this forum, but i was just wondering, i bought this intake for my 2019 E63s AMG, and i saw pictures on instagram/tiktok that the intake for the same car doesnt have this middle opening but the one i received does. Is this the new model for the intake?

Last edited by NardoV; 01-12-2024 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-12-2024, 12:06 PM

Received 170 Likes on 71 Posts
2023 E63S Wagon
They never accounted for the passive air cooling channels for the turbo in their previous air intake versions and it looks like they just took advantage of that centre air vent to increase intake air. Still no improvements on turbo cooling. Maybe even decreased it now.

Last edited by graphitegreyamg; 01-12-2024 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-19-2024, 01:00 PM
PTG
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 103 Likes on 40 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by graphitegreyamg
They never accounted for the passive air cooling channels for the turbo in their previous air intake versions and it looks like they just took advantage of that centre air vent to increase intake air. Still no improvements on turbo cooling. Maybe even decreased it now.
We've designed pretty much every engine component for this car. We took all of it into account. We would rather have a closed airbox with fully functional sensor and bypass valve locations which allow tuners to actually use the data well, and compromise some air flow to the center of the engine. Not to mention the amount of low pressure in the engine bay when driving generates a lot of air flow in that region. That's the compromise when trying to make double the engine output.

We added a third inlet and coupler (whatever tiktok video the screen shot came from doesn't have the coupler). The coupler brings the inlet right to the radiator support similar to the original accordion.

OP just contact us and we can get you going on the third inlet and coupler.

Cheers,

Team PTG

The following users liked this post:
I.T. Guy (01-31-2024)
Old 01-19-2024, 01:07 PM

2023 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by PTG
and compromise some air flow to the center of the engine. Not to mention the amount of low pressure in the engine bay when driving generates a lot of air flow in that region. That's the compromise when trying to make double the engine output.

We added a third inlet and coupler (whatever tiktok video the screen shot came from doesn't have the coupler). The coupler brings the inlet right to the radiator support similar to the original accordion.

Cheers,

Team PTG
Like I had said there are compromises…
Old 01-19-2024, 01:12 PM
PTG
PLATINUM SPONSOR

AMG
Like I had said there are compromises…
The entire w213 platform is a 4800lb 4-door compromise. And you didn't say that.

Old 01-19-2024, 01:42 PM

2023 E63S Wagon
Are you saying that the weight of the car affected the circumstances of your engineering. Cause, unless I’m wrong that doesn’t make sense. Is the weight in cross reference to another platform? What is this inferring?

All AMG’s are heavy and that doesn’t change the responsibility of decreasing compromises unless it has been claimed as not factored into the design. You want to go fast, so you compromised something. Is that bad like an indictable offense? The transfer and possession of the compromise doesnt excuse the act.
Old 01-31-2024, 11:10 AM

C63S AMG
Might want to reply in a more professional manner when speaking to customers (current/potential). With that said….I’ll be coming to you all very soon!👊🏻

Last edited by mrrobinson53181; 01-31-2024 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-31-2024, 11:32 AM
PTG
PLATINUM SPONSOR

AMG
Are you saying that the weight of the car affected the circumstances of your engineering. Cause, unless I’m wrong that doesn’t make sense. Is the weight in cross reference to another platform? What is this inferring?

All AMG’s are heavy and that doesn’t change the responsibility of decreasing compromises unless it has been claimed as not factored into the design. You want to go fast, so you compromised something. Is that bad like an indictable offense? The transfer and possession of the compromise doesnt excuse the act.
Apologize for the late reply. The post got bumped and we just noticed it.

In comparison to say the AMG GT which uses many of the same components, the E63 is inherently compromised. The AMG GT (C190) isn’t nearly as heavy as other AMG’s and is actually lighter than many Supercars. This car is inherently a better performer due to its weight among a few other things. This was what we were inferring to.

It’s not easy developing a wide range of parts for a single platform. We are among the only companies in the world that focus on only AMG performance, and we have consistently set the bar in terms of performance. This is not to brag, it’s just an observation of who we are. To achieve this, we have development partners that match the DNA of our company. Companies such as Garrett, CP Carrillo, PWR, ATI, and so many more. Together we provide in our opinion the best possible solutions.

Hopefully this all makes some sense. Thanks.

PTG

Old 01-31-2024, 11:46 AM
PTG
PLATINUM SPONSOR

AMG
Originally Posted by mrrobinson53181
Interesting response to a customer👊🏻. That may have changed my mind on going with PTG for my build….Weistec is looking more attractive.
Sorry to make you change your mind. It’s an honest reply about the challenges of going very fast in an E63. Comparing to a car with nearly the same engine, the E63 is simply compromised by its weight, transmission, and various other things.

It doesn’t stop us from pushing the platform however. Our favorite shop car is our 1,500hp E63. Our aim is to run 8’s with it and get it into the 3’s 60-130mph. We hope to get there soon!

Old 01-31-2024, 12:11 PM

C63S AMG
Originally Posted by PTG
Sorry to make you change your mind. It’s an honest reply about the challenges of going very fast in an E63. Comparing to a car with nearly the same engine, the E63 is simply compromised by its weight, transmission, and various other things.

It doesn’t stop us from pushing the platform however. Our favorite shop car is our 1,500hp E63. Our aim is to run 8’s with it and get it into the 3’s 60-130mph. We hope to get there soon!
Love that! I have been doing a ton of research and really looking forward to working with you! I spoke to soon earlier as Weistec can F off!!!!
Old 01-31-2024, 07:51 PM

2023 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by PTG
Apologize for the late reply. The post got bumped and we just noticed it.

In comparison to say the AMG GT which uses many of the same components, the E63 is inherently compromised. The AMG GT (C190) isn’t nearly as heavy as other AMG’s and is actually lighter than many Supercars. This car is inherently a better performer due to its weight among a few other things. This was what we were inferring to.

It’s not easy developing a wide range of parts for a single platform. We are among the only companies in the world that focus on only AMG performance, and we have consistently set the bar in terms of performance. This is not to brag, it’s just an observation of who we are. To achieve this, we have development partners that match the DNA of our company. Companies such as Garrett, CP Carrillo, PWR, ATI, and so many more. Together we provide in our opinion the best possible solutions.

Hopefully this all makes some sense. Thanks.

PTG

Interesting to compare a brand’s halo car against the rest of the AMG line up…. AMG shoehorns big V8’s in the most unlikely chassis’. I could also change the narrative to suit my needs wherever possible. History like the red pig and the rest of the early model AMG’s must have disappeared all of the sudden. 🥲 So now its the SLS/GT/GTR vs the “heavy” AMG cars… 🤫

Honestly I’m an old man and getting shot forward 8 seconds in a quarter mile is not “cool”. I can probably spend 8 seconds into something more productive like not breaking my back and having 🥃. Probably save on petrol too. I’m probably too old to be on these forums (obviously) 😃.

Last edited by graphitegreyamg; 01-31-2024 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-01-2024, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
Interesting to compare a brand’s halo car against the rest of the AMG line up…. AMG shoehorns big V8’s in the most unlikely chassis’. I could also change the narrative to suit my needs wherever possible. History like the red pig and the rest of the early model AMG’s must have disappeared all of the sudden. 🥲 So now its the SLS/GT/GTR vs the “heavy” AMG cars… 🤫

Honestly I’m an old man and getting shot forward 8 seconds in a quarter mile is not “cool”. I can probably spend 8 seconds into something more productive like not breaking my back and having 🥃. Probably save on petrol too. I’m probably too old to be on these forums (obviously) 😃.
Yup you are old!

Just kidding, I could not resist!
Old 02-01-2024, 08:18 PM

2023 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by kponti
Yup you are old!

Just kidding, I could not resist!
Well the wagon definitely fits a cane just nicely, and a wheelchair too at that 👴 or maybe I should move on to modding a motorized wheelchair that can go down the quarter mile in 8 seconds.