Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Need some help? spacers or no with H&R coils

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 04:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 C230K-ss
Need some help? spacers or no with H&R coils

hey guys, Ill be quick and to the point. I currently hae H&R coilovers and plan on running 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 Lorinser LM6 type replica wheels...will I need a custom spacer to give myself the drop I want and no rubbing issues. Do I need spacers for the front? A fellow member has 19s with tein coils and said he had to run a custom 12.25" spacer in the front....please help me out with all of this. It would be GREATLY appreciated
kind regards,
Geoff
Old 02-16-2006, 01:45 PM

04 C230K-ss
anyone?
Old 02-17-2006, 08:18 PM

04 C230K-ss
sweet...I give up on asking for help in this part of the forums. Guess 30 views and not one piece of advice from anyone is really beneficial. (Sits and now waits for a reply...in response to this post at least)
Old 02-18-2006, 09:02 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
well, your post really doesn't make any sense ..... what do you need a 12" spacer for ...... that would move the wheels out of the fender to the point the inside edge of the tire would be 3"-4" past the fender

I think that you are probably trying to convey something different but, I have no idea what it is
Old 02-18-2006, 09:17 PM

04 C230K-ss
Originally Posted by Luke@tirerack
well, your post really doesn't make any sense ..... what do you need a 12" spacer for ...... that would move the wheels out of the fender to the point the inside edge of the tire would be 3"-4" past the fender

I think that you are probably trying to convey something different but, I have no idea what it is
Ok well I dont see how it doesnt not make any sense ....I re-read it and noticed that the only thing I failed to add was that the 12.25" was suppose to say 12.25 MILLIMETERS, thinking if at all someone would know that I was trying to say that the spacers would be in MILLIMETERS...But other than that, just like as it says.... will I need a spacer to clear my H&R CO's if Im running an 8.5" wide front wheel with a 35mm offset all around? I dont see how that doesn't make any sense....sorry you couldnt convey that I meant to have MILLIMETERS with the part 12.25" SPACERS......?! Soooo again, do I need to run spacers with a 35mm offset wheel if I have H&R CO's. ..Ill stick to the W203 threads I guess, kinda rude
Old 02-20-2006, 09:16 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

depends on the weather
the coile overs from H&R will allow for more clearance than the standard MB suspension so, you will not need spacers to run an 8.5" wide wheel with a 35mm offset
Old 02-26-2006, 09:38 PM

04 C230K-ss
Originally Posted by Luke@tirerack
the coile overs from H&R will allow for more clearance than the standard MB suspension so, you will not need spacers to run an 8.5" wide wheel with a 35mm offset
Luke, a member by the SN BigJohnny has the same wheels I will be getting and in his thread he was quoted saying "Super Street Tein Coil Overs,.... Custom Spacers 12.15 mm fronts (needed to clear the Tein Coil Overs)" Now is this because HE has Teins and I have h&r coils instead that I will clear my suspension with these wheels/offset?
EDIT: If it may help..here is the direct link with photos to show the issue Im afraid of running into with clearancehttps://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/124992-new-mods-pictures.html
Old 02-27-2006, 12:34 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

depends on the weather
then the wheels he is running have the wrong offset ..... buy, wheels with the correct offset and there would be no clearance issues