Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

A car is equipped by TPM, any shop can change tires?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2009 | 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i535
A car is equipped by TPM, any shop can change tires?

It seems some pressure leak, is there any specific to replace tire? Can any shop do that? Is high performance tire repairable? Or just to buy a replacement?
Old 04-01-2009 | 05:58 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

depends on the weather
a majority of tires shops have had to learn about TPMS systems and how to deal with them as all new cars have them as do many older cars. It's not somethingf new to the industry as Corvettes have had them since the mid-90s
Old 04-02-2009 | 03:20 AM
Almost a Member!

SL 500
Most shops can, I have never had any problems. Just ask first if you want to make sure, but im pretty confident that the majority will.
Old 04-02-2009 | 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by Luke@tirerack
a majority of tires shops have had to learn about TPMS systems and how to deal with them as all new cars have them as do many older cars. It's not somethingf new to the industry as Corvettes have had them since the mid-90s
My corvette has tpm and I just tell the shop not to hit the sensor. When they first came out many would refuse to do the work. It really isn't that big a deal all they need is a little caution.

Repairing a run flat can be done as most tires if it damage is small and in the tread area. If it is on the edge or sidewall you will probably need to replace it. DON"T even attempt to put a tube in the runflat unless it is on a farm wagon used in the fields pulled by a tractor.
Old 04-06-2009 | 07:03 PM

S500
Check out SHOPTPMS.com that were i got mine.