Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Luke....PIAA wiperblades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Luke....PIAA wiperblades

I know you read this forum mainly, thats why I didnt post this on the other section. Sorry. My question is: have you ever tried the PIAA wiperblades??? USD70 for a pair of wiperblades is insane, but are they really worth it??? Why?
Old 04-24-2003, 05:43 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
they're even more expensive on my car I have 3 wipers .... and the things have caused 2 fights betweeen me and my wife.

#1.)
her: "you spent how much on a set of stupid wiper blades?"
me: "yep, mine were worn out"

#2.)
her: " why haven't you put those expensive wipers on my car ? you don't care about my safety do you? blah, blah, blah"
me: "I will when yours are worn out and I do care"

I never thought I would say that a wiper blade makes that much of a difference but, these do !!!!

no chatter ever ( atleast in the last 9 months)
streak free action
glass is almost dry after they make 1 pass (like 1 of those California water blade things)
and will never wear out

accessory search
Old 04-24-2003, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luke,

I figured this would be an appropriate place to ask this. Do you know if the PIAA blades are made to fit an '03 CLK? The clips on my CLK look very different from most wiper arms/blades I have seen. Thanks!
Old 04-24-2003, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Luke@tirerack
they're even more expensive on my car I have 3 wipers .... and the things have caused 2 fights betweeen me and my wife.

#1.)
her: "you spent how much on a set of stupid wiper blades?"
me: "yep, mine were worn out"

#2.)
her: " why haven't you put those expensive wipers on my car ? you don't care about my safety do you? blah, blah, blah"
me: "I will when yours are worn out and I do care"

I never thought I would say that a wiper blade makes that much of a difference but, these do !!!!

no chatter ever ( atleast in the last 9 months)
streak free action
glass is almost dry after they make 1 pass (like 1 of those California water blade things)
and will never wear out

accessory search
Thanks Luke. But I really think $70 for a pair of wiperblades is very crazy. When you said "streak free", does that mean the blades will have absolutely NO noise???

Btw, I was logging on to the wholesale site but I couldnt find the blades offered there, do you offer wholesale discount for the blades??? Maybe $50 will make me think again.
Old 04-24-2003, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I guess they dont fit. I tried to get the W209 blades to put on my C32 (because I think they look pretty cool) but I was told that particular arm is not interchangable. You have to get it from MB (what an innovative idea to make money by MB!!).
Old 04-25-2003, 08:12 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
the '03 CLK uses a unique cam lock design for the wiper mount to the arm which PIAA does not produce so, there is not an application for that car ....

there is however an application for a C32

22" passenger side = $24.00
24" driver side = $27.00

and they make absolutely no noise
Old 04-25-2003, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the '03 CLK uses a unique cam lock design for the wiper mount to the arm which PIAA does not produce so, there is not an application for that car ....
Luke,

Thanks for your response. I hope someone makes a wiper replacement for the '03 CLK, because I bet MB will charge an absurd amount.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:55 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 259 Likes on 185 Posts
I agree the new wiper disign on the 209 sux...the new e and s class have a much more heavy duty blade. Anyway wipers are covered in the B service. Also check out this stuff called rain magic, it's a completely different formula than rain-x.

www.rainmagic.com