Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

PowerWheelsPro - BUYERS BEWARE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VW GTI
PowerWheelsPro - BUYERS BEWARE

I'm writing this post today to share my recent experience conducting business with Powerwheelspro. I purchased a set of wheels from them in early March. For the most part, the purchasing experience was fine. The wheels were shipped out next day and I received them within a few days. When I received the wheels, I noticed the hub rings were not included. After requesting for the hub rings via email with no response, I called Vince. It took about 2 days and nearly half a dozen attempts to finally get in touch with them. I explained to him the hub rings were not included. His response to me: "You asked for a discount on the wheels, and we gave it to you (a $20 discount), then we had to ship it from our california warehouse and they didn't have them there." After going back and forth, he frustratingly accepted to send them out and did. Before I move forward let me just say that this was very unexpected from a company who supposedly prides themselves on quick responses and quality customer service. For those that may say "why did you even ask for a discount for wheels that are already cheap?", I did because it's in my nature. It doesn't hurt to try. I wasn't expecting anything but the fact that they did give it to me was a welcome surprise. But that doesn't give him the right to send me an incomplete package and to be so unprofessional about it.

On to my next problem. About a month later, I finally put the wheels on. As soon as I drove off, there was an immediate vibration in the steering wheel. It was so bad I thought the wheels were gonna fall off. I took the car back to the tire shop the next day to have the tires rebalanced, but it didn't fix it. I then decided to take the car to a reputable VW shop, NGP Racing. They put the car on a lift, and set the cruise control to over 60mph. They showed me that the wheel was not centered properly and that it was either the hub rings or defective wheels. From then on, I've been through 3 different sets of hub rings, both metal and plastic with no luck. I took the car back to NGP and they said the wheels were most likely not centered properly from the factory.

After failed attempts of getting in touch with PowerWheels regarding my problem, on May 28th, I emailed Vince & Vassili stating that I was going to post my experience onto the forums. On May 31st, I received an email from Vassili stating "We can set you up with a refund if you are interested in shipping the wheels back to us." Over the next few days, the wheels were removed from my stock tires, and shipped back to PowerWheels on June 6th. Wheels were delivered to them on June 8th, yet I didn't get confirmation until June 14th (only after I requested an update on my own). Yet he never mentioned what he was going to do regarding the refund. I have not heard from them since. Today is the 21st, I've attempted calling both their office and cell phone numbers with no answer. I've emailed them twice in the last week with no response. PowerwheelsPro lied to me about sending me a refund, even after I forked out an additional $75 to ship them back.

Anyone who plans to buy wheels from them now or in the future, do so at your own risk. I'd hate to see any fellow car enthusiasts experience what I did and it's only right I share this with you all. This company clearly doesn't stand by their product and conducts their business in a shady manner. This was the first (and last) time that I purchase cheap wheels. I've always bought reputable brand wheels and now I know why. The only reason why I gave them a try was because they were the only one that had the replica wheel I wanted with a good offset. I've spent an additional $400 between diagnostics, mounting/balancing (twice), and hub rings on top of the $550 for the wheels and I could have gotten a much better quality wheel with much better customer service. Lesson learned. As the saying goes, "you get what you pay for."

I have full documentation of my discussions with Powerwheels including confirmation from them that they will refund me.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
00 e55
wow,, thanks for the heads up
Hope they send you that refund otherwise file a chargeback if you paid with credit card
Old 06-22-2011, 04:18 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
while I have never heard of them I am sorry to hear about your experiences ...
Old 07-12-2011, 09:54 AM

VW GTI
UPDATE

Update: Powerwheelspro has refunded me for the cost of the wheels and additional expenses incurred due to the issues listed above.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:15 PM

CLS63
I'm glad it got resolved. i wonder if your post had anything to do with them finally deciding to show some bit of good service. Companies like that are bad for the industry, they make customers overly cautious about the good guys.

I'm happy for you buddy!
Old 07-13-2011, 04:06 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
good to hear !!!
Old 07-13-2011, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Sometimes small businesses pay bills once a month so I would cut them some slack.
Glad you got your money back.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:44 AM

a car that gets very poor gas mileage.
Very poor communication skills on their part.

Thank you for the warning.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by grane
Sometimes small businesses pay bills once a month so I would cut them some slack.
Glad you got your money back.
PS

I have never hear of them either. Folks who have read my posts know that I encourage the use of MB and AMG brand wheels that fit properly to avoid just such disappointments, and worse.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
Originally Posted by Luke@tirerack
while I have never heard of them I am sorry to hear about your experiences ...
They are a sponsor here ?

Originally Posted by shatooi
Update: Powerwheelspro has refunded me for the cost of the wheels and additional expenses incurred due to the issues listed above.
Thats cool you got your money back . They are a sponsor here and you registered on this forum just to post a buyer beware ad .There ppl who waited over a year for $10k NASA grade rotors and still might have not recieved as of today from other sponsor but in the end all that matters is you got refunded since you wernt happy or there was a defect . Ive seen their wheels on alot of members cars from pics on this forum but havnt heard this kind of story always a first though . They are local to me but i cant justify buying set of brand new wheels for $500-600 dollar no matter what the discount, they even offered me to come to their showroom and test fit anystyle wheels im interested which i have yet todo . Not defending them but when you buy wheels then wait over month to install then come back week later to them with a problem its gonna take longer then couple days to get issue resolved . Why its best to have a brick n mortar place you can goto and have everything done at once even though I'll eventually end up buyin another set of rims over the net<not $500> and hope this dont happen to me . Welcome to the forum