Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

C180K Coupe in 18"??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C180K Coupe in 18"??

Do u think its too heavy for a C180K (143HP) to take staggered 18" AMG Style3 wheel with 225/40 & 255/35 combo tires?

But I really hate my current 16" wheel and have great fancy over fat rear tires... :p

What's your opinion??

Thanks.
Old 06-09-2003, 04:13 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
I do not think that they are to heavy for your car ...... think of it this way .... If you were really that into the ultimate performance aspects of the C ..... you could have gotten an AMG version .... in the end it will slow your car a little but, not that much
Old 06-09-2003, 08:55 PM

AMG cars are not available here, not even C230K.

Cars here are very expensive, a C180K cost as much as US$100k already; even there is AMG, its probably 1/4 million US$! :p
Old 06-10-2003, 05:21 AM
Almost a Member!

W203
Where are you? I'm in Thailand where they sell the top model of C (C200 Kompressor) for around US$73,600. The C32 AMG is available at around US$178,600.

I think the car prices in this country are the most expensive in the world but apparently they may not (according to your post).
Old 06-10-2003, 10:49 AM

Originally posted by charnchon
Where are you? I'm in Thailand where they sell the top model of C (C200 Kompressor) for around US$73,600. The C32 AMG is available at around US$178,600.

I think the car prices in this country are the most expensive in the world but apparently they may not (according to your post).
Sad to say, I am in Singapore.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:43 AM

CLK200K
c32amg

you can find c32amg in sg, one of my friend is driving it. C&C only brings it in when you order otherwise no-no. He bought it from exotic motoring for S$300K. Exotic brought in 2 c32amg last year, not sure when the first piece got sold but the last one was bought a few weeks ago. Currently, both of us are running in our cars.

I can't speak for Thailand but IMHO, Sg should be the most expensive place to own any car. As this is my first MB, i cannot comment intelligently on the price comparison but what i am familiar with is Bimmer, an M3 here cost about USD$200k.

If the price of car does not kill you, servicing, road tax will...slowly.. hahahaha

Old 06-11-2003, 12:03 PM

CLK200K
gp of amg rims?

gmabm: if you are interested we can gp on the rims and tires?, could get a better deal. Similarly, i am upgrading to an 18" with the same tire config. Basically, I am set to get the style iv.

The eagle f1 gs-d3 is hard to find in sg and distributor does not carry it here so i am going with the so3. As the rear is odd size, i may need to get the tire guy to bring this in from japan.

fyi. the m3 also runs on the same config.

you may need to check the offset of the rims to be certain and if you are worried about weight it should not be a major concern. I believe the torque of your ride will pull you thru', as the contact patch is going to be bigger for the 18", you may lose 0.5 sec or so for your century sprint.

i believe i have provided you my cellphone #, contact me if you are interested to gp.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:02 PM

Re: c32amg

So your friend bought the 1st unit of C32 from Exotic Motor?

The 2nd unit is a lemon. I have seen the unregistered unit been in and out of C&C workshop couple of times. The service advisor told me there is some serious problem with the engine and the PI could not get it repaired outside.

I heard C&C refused to repair for them but dunno what happened next. Maybe its never sold and re-exported out of Sg??

Last edited by gmabm; 06-13-2003 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-15-2003, 08:41 PM

CLK200K
Re: Re: c32amg

Originally posted by gmabm
So your friend bought the 1st unit of C32 from Exotic Motor?

The 2nd unit is a lemon. I have seen the unregistered unit been in and out of C&C workshop couple of times. The service advisor told me there is some serious problem with the engine and the PI could not get it repaired outside.

I heard C&C refused to repair for them but dunno what happened next. Maybe its never sold and re-exported out of Sg??
not sure which unit he bought, when they brought in the 2 units, they called me if i am interested...saw both the cars, somehow it did not appeal to me back then to own a MB. Both the cars have been there for ages, as i saw it about a year ago.

C&C generally will not repair PI cars as they have little incentive to do it. Best bet is going thru' D&C and have them enforce a directive as they are the agent for MB in Sg. As the C32AMG is a rare breed, skills is also not there.

The issue about service support for self import versus those by appointed agent is found everywhere not just Sg. Generally, if the car is not a rarity and if the savings is substantial, PI is a good consideration.