Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Toyo proxies fz4 or Yokohama AVS dB S2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 06:12 PM
jji
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyo proxies fz4 or Yokohama AVS dB S2

I trying to decide between Toyo proxies fz4 or Yokohama AVS dB S2 . I currently have the Toyos but need new tires. I was all set to get the yokoama's but then the guy in the sotre told me they don't corner well and the toyo' s are much better all around tire ,for performance and sound (less noise then the db2's

Figured I'd post here and get the truth between the 2 tires whats the pros and cons of each

Thanks in advance
Old 07-09-2003, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How do you like the noise of the FZ4? I've ride them for a few days but I found them pretty noisy. Have you considered Bridgestone RE950? I currently have them on 2 cars and I like them very much. Dont know much about Yoko. Luke, your turn....
Old 07-10-2003, 02:35 PM
jji
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea the Toyo is pretty noisy. I havent considered the Bridgestone RE950 how would they comapre to the other 2

Luke could you help me out with this please

Thanks
Old 07-10-2003, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally posted by Harris
How do you like the noise of the FZ4? I've ride them for a few days but I found them pretty noisy. Have you considered Bridgestone RE950? I currently have them on 2 cars and I like them very much. Dont know much about Yoko. Luke, your turn....
harris, do u consider the 950s quieter than the T1-S toyos... i know they are a different class.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by AlBoston
harris, do u consider the 950s quieter than the T1-S toyos... i know they are a different class.
Nope, all all-season tires are supposed to be noisier because of the harder compound. The T1-S is relatively quiet until it wears out, as soon as you hear some noise, you'll know its time to change tires. I guess RE950 can be considered as the quiet ones among A/S tires.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz
Nope, all all-season tires are supposed to be noisier because of the harder compound. The T1-S is relatively quiet until it wears out, as soon as you hear some noise, you'll know its time to change tires. I guess RE950 can be considered as the quiet ones among A/S tires.
um, like how many miles? my potenzas have 50% worn and are sooooo loud. I have driven several all seasons and they are extremely quiet... so I don't know what you are talking about.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by AlBoston
um, like how many miles? my potenzas have 50% worn and are sooooo loud. I have driven several all seasons and they are extremely quiet... so I don't know what you are talking about.
For the T1-S, you will start to hear some noise after 20K miles. All-season tires are extremely quiet???? All-season tires have more aggressive & deeper treads, the rubber compound is generally harder, the ride is rougher, how can it be quiet??? Luke, Luke, where are you????
Old 07-10-2003, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz
For the T1-S, you will start to hear some noise after 20K miles. All-season tires are extremely quiet???? All-season tires have more aggressive & deeper treads, the rubber compound is generally harder, the ride is rougher, how can it be quiet??? Luke, Luke, where are you????
hmmm, michelin mvx4 plus tires on my C320 are VERY quiet. Michelin cross terrains on my ML are also very quiet even after 12k miles. Don't know where you got that all season = louder.