Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Do forum members get a discount?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 08:19 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 262 Likes on 187 Posts
Question Do forum members get a discount?

Do we get a discount from the tire rack? Luke?
Old 03-16-2004, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: Do forum members get a discount?

Originally posted by RJC
Do we get a discount from the tire rack? Luke?
nope not that i know of.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:03 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
Re: Re: Do forum members get a discount?

Originally posted by AlBoston
nope not that i know of.
agreed ....
Old 03-17-2004, 08:05 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the market
maybe we should
Old 03-17-2004, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I second that idea
Old 03-18-2004, 06:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 E320
Forum discount?

I think there should be a discount to members too; every time I get close to saving up for that set of tires and AMG wheels I want, when I check the tirerack website I'm back to saving even more due to price increases! I have a 2001 E320 and still have the factory wheels as the prices have increased approximately $700 for the complete set...
Old 03-18-2004, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Forum discount?

Originally posted by Richard / E320
I think there should be a discount to members too; every time I get close to saving up for that set of tires and AMG wheels I want, when I check the tirerack website I'm back to saving even more due to price increases! I have a 2001 E320 and still have the factory wheels as the prices have increased approximately $700 for the complete set...
The problem is not with Tirerack or any vendor. The Euro vs. dollar has risen over 20% in the past 3-4 months. All vendors who do business with Germany are all suffering. There is nothing that we can do except to raise the price because the cost has gone up.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:55 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 262 Likes on 187 Posts
They can still offer a discount. Many goods from Europe sold here are offered with discounts. In addition what about the wheels/tires made in the US?
Old 03-25-2004, 02:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1996 C36 AMG, 1995 Volvo 850 Turbowagon
strong euro or not...michelins have always been more expensive than bridgestone counterparts...

but i'll 2nd the discounts...almost all the tires i've got are from tirerack...
Old 04-13-2004, 07:28 PM

380 SEL 1982
If discounts are not available, what about special services?

For example,

jump ahead in the queue for order processing, free valve stems with tire only purchases, you know, things that cost nothing or very little but add some more value.

just a thought..

Brett
Old 04-14-2004, 05:11 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

depends on the weather
Re: If discounts are not available, what about special services?

Originally posted by bcmbcmbcm
If discounts are not available, what about special services?
you don't think my being here answering all of these questions is a special service ????
Old 04-15-2004, 11:59 AM

380 SEL 1982
Did not mean any offence, Luke

Hey Luke,

I sincerely hope that I or other members here did not offend you. I truly appreciate your advice and personal service, and I also have been loyal to the Tire Rack for many years. I wouldn’t consider buying tires or wheels from anyone else. I have recommended the Rack to many folks (some car people and some non car people) who were at first nervous, but then extremely satisfied, with their experiences.

I did not mean offence, but was merely trying to point out a high value/low cost type of exchange which is one of the best exchanges possible in any negotiation. Maybe there is something of high value the Rack can use from us that will cost us very little. For example, do you ever run up against a quota during certain months that we can help you fill? I don’t know, just trying to think out loud… The problem with monetary discounts is that they, well, cost money. I was trying to brainstorm about some perks, in addition to your fine service, that would make us feel even more special, while costing the Tire Rack little or no money at all… that’s where my idea about same day mounting and shipping came in. I am a big consumer of other types of products, and am a club member for two of them. I know that when I place an order by 10:00am it goes out the same day for sure. Jumping ahead of the line. The airlines do this too (though their customer service is hardly an example), fly enough, you fly first class. In short, I am just trying to take the focus off “the discount”.

In any event, I personally understand, and hope others do too, that you operate on very slim margins. The Rack has been competitive for years, and I personally don’t want to do anything to jeopardize its existence. I just can’t help but wonder though, and I think that I am not alone, if there is something more. I heard years ago that car dealers and other high-volume customers received a discount on posted rates. In 1997, I purchased 4 sets of wheels and tires within a 2 week time period. The Rack offered me a discount on future purchases, but I did not buy any more until 2001 so the offer vanished.

Luke, I will continue to use the Rack, and personally call you too, for my next tire purchase which should be within the next 60 days, discount or not. I am extremely satisfied but like any consumer, always am searching for more bang for my buck. I can’t help it- it is human nature. Shoot, if the tires were free, we would probably ask to be paid to accept them
Old 04-15-2004, 02:24 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

depends on the weather
I don't blame anybody for asking .....

as far as special services offered to members

look at this thread