Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

DIffrence in package Prices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 11:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E 320
DIffrence in package Prices

I have seen Tire Rack packages and wheel prices. I then looked at Tires.com and www.victoriatire.com and notices the latter two sells packages for hundreds less then Tire Rack WHY? I would love to purchase from Luke but there is quite a diffrence.

Brian
Old 02-17-2005, 12:50 PM

Debadged 6-Speed '05 C320 Sports Coupe
Check on what this information means, from their web site. The best / only way to balance tires these days is with the Hunter GSP9700 road force machine.

BTW, it may be worth a few extra bucks to know that problems won't exist with this purchase.

10. When purchasing wheels and tires do they come mounted and balanced ?
Yes, we use the latest technology and the best that Hunter machinery has to offer, in order to mount and balance your wheel and tire package.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Air Force

Received 198 Likes on 156 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Hey Brian, you should be more specific. How do we know you are talking about the same wheel and tires? Plus, I looked up all advertised "tire packages" in 17" for E320 and none of the wheel brands listed by Victoria Tire are carried by Tire Rack so that kind of makes your post really off the wall and moot! How you going compare wheels and tire prices that are not the same brands?

Also, all of those low priced packages came with a cheap replica tire. Yeah! replica tire. Many of Vic Tire packages come with the Nankang NS-1 which is a replica of a discontinued Pirelli P7000 Supersport. The P7000 was a terrible tire - If you are going to rip-off a tire design you should at least pick a good one.

Last edited by E55 KEV; 02-17-2005 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:11 PM

E 320
I fully understand they do not carry the same tire and wheel brand. So I guess I got my question answered. We are paying for the name at Tire Rack correct? What about www.tires.com are they quality? I asked Luke a few days ago about finding a wheel and he didn't even get back to me.

Brian
Old 02-17-2005, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Brian Felts
I asked Luke a few days ago about finding a wheel and he didn't even get back to me.
If this post has the question, it appears, to me, that he answered you an hour after you posted.

The later posts did not contain questions, just sentence fragments.

Ask a question, then see what happens.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:46 AM

E 320
There is no mention on where I can find those wheels or if he carrys them? Do you see that anywhere. Why such offense? I believe it was a valid question? I stated the reason I was looking for those. Sorry if I sent out bad but these forums allow diffrence in opinions even if you don't think they should.

Brian
Old 02-18-2005, 09:12 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
those wheels are old school American Racing wheels as identified by the center cap .... we do not carry that brand at this time and that model is no longer made .....

and as far as the package price differences between us and others .... you really need to compare apples to apples or Mercedes to Mercedes not Mercedes to Oldsmobile

Last edited by Luke@tirerack; 02-18-2005 at 10:38 AM.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:29 PM

E 320
Well I didn't mean to offend but I had ordered a set or MB Motoring from Tires.com for my wife's Grand Cherokee. 18" Chrome and I thought they were quality, Are they not as good as the brands at Tire Rack? On simple question I do not understand why people get so rude and ridicule when a simple "I do not know the reason" would do. This forum is to learn not get bashed because you have seen a cheaper price. wingless and E55 KEV I have built a few cars from the ground up, Do you just drive yours and do what the dealer says?

Brian
Old 02-20-2005, 06:40 AM

I have seen Tire Rack packages and wheel prices. I then looked at Tires.com and www.victoriatire.com and notices the latter two sells packages for hundreds less then Tire Rack WHY? I would love to purchase from Luke but there is quite a diffrence.
Originally Posted by wingless
Check on what this information means, from their web site. The best / only way to balance tires these days is with the Hunter GSP9700 road force machine.

BTW, it may be worth a few extra bucks to know that problems won't exist with this purchase.

10. When purchasing wheels and tires do they come mounted and balanced ?
Yes, we use the latest technology and the best that Hunter machinery has to offer, in order to mount and balance your wheel and tire package.
I asked Luke a few days ago about finding a wheel and he didn't even get back to me.
Originally Posted by wingless
If this post has the question, it appears, to me, that he answered you an hour after you posted.

The later posts did not contain questions, just sentence fragments.

Ask a question, then see what happens.
Well I didn't mean to offend but I had ordered a set or MB Motoring from Tires.com for my wife's Grand Cherokee. 18" Chrome and I thought they were quality, Are they not as good as the brands at Tire Rack? On simple question I do not understand why people get so rude and ridicule when a simple "I do not know the reason" would do. This forum is to learn not get bashed because you have seen a cheaper price. wingless and E55 KEV I have built a few cars from the ground up, Do you just drive yours and do what the dealer says?
Good luck with your new tires.

It is clear that I provided the requested response to the initial question, an opinion on Tire Rack. After many, many, purchases I have a favorable opinion. Tire Rack stands behind their products and services and quickly resolves any problems or concerns. At that time I also raised a technical question about the balancing provided by Victoria Tire.

Regarding my response to your statement about Luke being unresponsive, I fully support questions ending in that little "balloon on a string" key, located to the right of the period key. So even though a question is thought, ifin it doesn't have end with the "balloon on a string", then others won't know its a question, and won't answer.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Air Force

Received 198 Likes on 156 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Hey Brian, my post may be a little "smart-alecky" but there was plenty of useful information in it. Good Luck!