C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
got my pulley and intake installed yesterday.

The car pulls very hard to the redline. No more lag on the freeway, you step on it and the car pulls and makes a powerful sound.

The throttle response is great.. you can hear the throttle body opening and closing with a small jab of the pedal.

The pulley and intake is a great combo.. they compliment very well.

In terms of the supercharger noise.. well if you want to drive a quiet car, this mod is not for you. Sorry to say, but the intake mod is not for the "sleeper" crowd.

It will heard when going WOT and under mid level accelaration.

There is a trade off.. either keep it and gain the extra horse and torque across the entire rev band and improve your throttle response or

just go witht the clutch pulley which is a NO brainer!.

For me is okay.. but for the wife it might be too much. We will see.

I'm going to the car to take some pics.

On my way to work.. I average 23.5 MPG with mostly freeway driving. I could of averaged more.. but I was getting on it a few times.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Also, Brandon, I did try to call you. There were NO shims in the box neither??? Will I need them and if so, under what conditions??? Do I use the M & Ms for shims???

Glenn
you should have existing shims.. you can use the same ones.

Shims or "O rings" or washers.. can be added or removed depending on the spacing you want.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32
Originally Posted by TopGun32
got my pulley and intake installed yesterday.

The car pulls very hard to the redline. No more lag on the freeway, you step on it and the car pulls and makes a powerful sound.

The throttle response is great.. you can hear the throttle body opening and closing with a small jab of the pedal.

The pulley and intake is a great combo.. they compliment very well.

In terms of the supercharger noise.. well if you want to drive a quiet car, this mod is not for you. Sorry to say, but the intake mod is not for the "sleeper" crowd.

It will heard when going WOT and under mid level accelaration.

There is a trade off.. either keep it and gain the extra horse and torque across the entire rev band and improve your throttle response or

just go witht the clutch pulley which is a NO brainer!.

For me is okay.. but for the wife it might be too much. We will see.

I'm going to the car to take some pics.

On my way to work.. I average 23.5 MPG with mostly freeway driving. I could of averaged more.. but I was getting on it a few times.
Awesome! Thanks for the review!

How was the installation?
Old 05-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
I cant wait to see more pix and videos of these two mods in action
Old 05-08-2008, 12:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1991 Toyota MR2, 2002 C32 AMG
Awesome!

If it's not too much of a request, could the people who purchased the pulley, intake mod post up some videos of their car. Whether it be idling, WOT etc. Thanks!
Old 05-08-2008, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by TruTaing
I cant wait to see more pix and videos of these two mods in action
+1
Old 05-08-2008, 01:05 PM

03 c32
Originally Posted by Code3 Performance

Now for some big news. For those of you that have crank pulleys already (178mm), the SC Pulleys works Oh, and it works so well...We are getting it on the dyno Saturday. We made 19.5psi last night on an SRT6. I have not been in a car that pulled so hard so quickly since my Cobra.
I can't wait for dyno results!
Old 05-08-2008, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

here are a few pics.

my engine is a bit dirty..

also noticed removed the rubber liner on the engine sound wall. It helps to release hot air from the engine bay..
Attached Thumbnails A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley-c32-001.jpg   A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley-c32-002.jpg   A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley-c32-003.jpg  
Old 05-08-2008, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
Nice review topgun.
Waiting on dyno
Old 05-08-2008, 02:23 PM

2002 C32 ///AMG
What would be nice is 1/4th timeslip before the mod and then after, I will order when batch 2 comes out and I can take it to the track. Bone stock I'm running 13.6 @ 104 mph (or was it 13.4 @ 106, I can't remember but got the slips somewhere), would be nice to cut it to really low 13's or high 12's on a good day.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
New Pulley

Originally Posted by kindafast
Nice review topgun.
Waiting on dyno
I am installing mine today and will give a review. I do NOT yet have the phenolic intake, so that will have to wait. Mine will be a review simply of the pulley with no intake and will be seat-of-the-pants. Dont have a dyno so cant help you there. Brandon says that the intake will ship separately.

BTW, doing the Lexus Driving School tomorrow at Auto Bahn Joliet and will get to thrash the new IS-F for half a day. Will give a review on that as well.

Glenn
Old 05-08-2008, 02:49 PM

03 c32

BTW, doing the Lexus Driving School tomorrow at Auto Bahn Joliet and will get to thrash the new IS-F for half a day. Will give a review on that as well.

Glenn
I had the opportunity to thrash the new IS-F for an extended period.
I am a very big fan of Lexus SUV's (and own two), however, the IS-F HP sedan was a true disappointment.
It doesn't come near the thrill that the C63 or M3 have to deliver. It does sound fantastic at WOT however.

Have fun!
Old 05-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Mark - Results will be coming out next week for your crowd

Glenn - I just got back into town. I left you a message. The first three boxes I packed I forgot to put shims in. However, I remembered before I shipped them. So I cut the tape on the top side flap, and pushed a few in. You might have missed them when you opened the box. If you cant find them, let me know and I will get some to you tomorrow. You will need them.

As far as the sc pulley/crank combo, we will be making some decisions this week. Saturday its going on the dyno. I am not kidding, that car was a monster. Was there some slipping, yes. But it was so little, when it grabbed, it more than made up for it I have no problem giving up a 100rpm slip for 30/30 more power. I cant wait till Saturday
Old 05-08-2008, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Exclamation

As far as the sc pulley/crank combo, we will be making some decisions this week. Saturday its going on the dyno. I am not kidding, that car was a monster. Was there some slipping, yes. But it was so little, when it grabbed, it more than made up for it I have no problem giving up a 100rpm slip for 30/30 more power. I cant wait till Saturday
See this is what I am really interested in doing
I presumed you tried a 178mm crank pulley with your S/C pulley...right? I can't wait to see the results...
Old 05-08-2008, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002

Glenn

I will be there Sunday AM!
Old 05-08-2008, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Installed My Pulley (but not intake)

OK, ladies and germs. Installed the pulley. Took about 45 minutes and was actually easier than I thought. No problem there, except who the heck carries TORX in their tool box, not me!!!

Anyway, the old pulley came off easy (my car has 22 K miles) and the new one (Code III) went on with a nudge from a rubber mallet. Once I put it on and took it off again to measure for spacers, it came off very easy. Probably easier if car is stone cold rather than warm like mine.

Spacers were found and I installed all of them that Brandon included (total of 6 from the stock and Brandon's 3. Measured the space with pulley and clutch and all was fine. About .20.

Went back together as instructed, Torqued it all and started car. No noises (unusual) and belt held tension real nice. OK now for the drive.

OMG, the amount of additional torque is amazing. I'd say seat of pants (no, my butt does not have dyno) but at least 40 ft/lbs or more. It feels torquey down low, like a BIG american car V-8 or diesel type of torque. Definitely CAN be felt. I have no timeslips nor dyno, BUt I can tell you, the car just feels stronger down low. Didn't take it on highway yet for the "punch" test, but will report on that. Brandon's dyno charts say 40 ft lbs and I believe it. IN fact, my test that I use is the first gear, how long will the yellow triangle stay on test? and the car spun all the way through first and well into second. Never did that before.

So, am I happy? Yes. Was it worth the $$? To me, Yes!!

Now , on to the cooler, intake and spacers when they arrive!!

Glenn
Old 05-08-2008, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
OK, ladies and germs. Installed the pulley. Took about 45 minutes and was actually easier than I thought. No problem there, except who the heck carries TORX in their tool box, not me!!!

Anyway, the old pulley came off easy (my car has 22 K miles) and the new one (Code III) went on with a nudge from a rubber mallet. Once I put it on and took it off again to measure for spacers, it came off very easy. Probably easier if car is stone cold rather than warm like mine.

Spacers were found and I installed all of them that Brandon included (total of 6 from the stock and Brandon's 3. Measured the space with pulley and clutch and all was fine. About .20.

Went back together as instructed, Torqued it all and started car. No noises (unusual) and belt held tension real nice. OK now for the drive.

OMG, the amount of additional torque is amazing. I'd say seat of pants (no, my butt does not have dyno) but at least 40 ft/lbs or more. It feels torquey down low, like a BIG american car V-8 or diesel type of torque. Definitely CAN be felt. I have no timeslips nor dyno, BUt I can tell you, the car just feels stronger down low. Didn't take it on highway yet for the "punch" test, but will report on that. Brandon's dyno charts say 40 ft lbs and I believe it. IN fact, my test that I use is the first gear, how long will the yellow triangle stay on test? and the car spun all the way through first and well into second. Never did that before.

So, am I happy? Yes. Was it worth the $$? To me, Yes!!

Now , on to the cooler, intake and spacers when they arrive!!

Glenn
That's great to hear. Congrats to Code3. Remember us little guys on the forum when you become the next Brabus!
Old 05-08-2008, 06:37 PM

02 c32 99 superduty
Hey Brandon! Are you shipping intake mods soon?
Old 05-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
When you install the pulley, please take it easy at first. The pulley and belt need to wear in a little bit. I know its hard to not want to go out and hammer it, but the cuts in the pulley are pretty aggressive. The cuts will start to wear in very quickly. Its actually the only thing we are changing in the next run. The cuts will be less aggressive, v-shaped, and not bottomed out in the groove.

Also, the intakes have not gone out yet. The cages came in, but the filters have not. A few people have them as I custom cut some foam. But that was only so I could start getting some feedback on the piece. We are waiting on the die-cut, pre-oiled pieces from UNI. By the way, they will be 65ppi green. I will upgrade the shipping on those for everyone that has already ordered since there is a bit of a delay.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Mark - Results will be coming out next week for your crowd

My car is waiting for you.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

quick update..

the intake mod is great but I needed to muffle the sound just a bit.

Easy fix.!

Used electrical black tape over the outside of the cage and left a nice rectangle in the middle. I think it was 2 x 8 square opening.

see post #336 to see what I'm talking about

This way I can keep the intake and enjoy some of its benefits.

The sound is more muffled now and still keep throttle response.

The muffling of the sound was more for my wife which was not really too thrilled about the sound.

its perfect!

Now if I want more sound or need the extra air.. I can simply remove the tape.

Last edited by TopGun32; 05-08-2008 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by phatmitzu

My car is waiting for you.

same here.

ASP + clutch pulley.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by TopGun32
The muffling of the sound was more for my wife which was not really too thrilled about the sound.

its perfect!

Now if I want more sound or need the extra air.. I can simply remove the tape.
WE WANT VIDEOS! WE WANT VIDEOS!

I prefer one before the muffled mod.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:21 PM

05 CLK55
Just checked back with the thread, all I can say is WOW! the SC pulleys look amazing!

So can any one tell me what's the Max Boost our SC can hold up to?

I remember reading some where the stock pulley make 15.4psi max, is this correct?

Now with the Code3 SC pulley running 15.61 psi (pulley only) and 16.44 psi (pulley and intake), can I assume that the Code3 SC pulley is safe for our cars?

How much boost does the crank pulley make, for those with the LET 181mm crank pulley?

I am sorry if I had missed anything mentioned previously. Thank you all.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc power
i need to be on the list for the next pully order.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley