C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by Fifth Ring
... or an endless string of permutations based on the variety and combination of mods that a person may have, and how the Code3 products may or may not be influenced by them.

Nobody calls up K&N and expects them to answer hypothetical questions on how their product will interact with other products, and whether there is a better product... Buy it, try it, and report back.
+1

Come on, guys, let's settle down a bit. This intake mod is dyno-proven to add power, and (subjectively) improves throttle response as well. Perhaps more importantly, it sounds like an EXTREMELY easy DIY install, could just as easily convert back to stock, and costs about as much as 2-3 tanks' worth of premium.

Even if you tried it and decided it wasn't the result you were looking for, worst-case is you're out $150 (then again, you could probably recoup some of that by selling it used via the classifieds). Is that really THAT big of a deal?
Old 05-06-2008, 06:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by c32used
I take by your 2 posts that you think you know me...In the TT project I am interested but can't see investing that kind of dough in my daily driver at the moment so I look for subtle solutions to power without adding headers, cams, NOS or larger pulley and what C3P offers is right up my alley in those terms since basically everything installed in our C32 is worth crap to others looking for these cars...I read your post and I feel like you are trying to say I am like an LET agent trying to bash C3P...Well let me say this once and for all "I am not"...I provide many hours and money to do simple tests for our cars so you ALL can find what works best....keep your conspiracy theory to yourself!
I've been on the "other" site since '02 (4 years more than you), but I lurk here. Your hypocritical posts finally brought me out of the bushes.

You say you can't see investing in their project, but you were asking for cheap installers. You were even planning on flying out to help. Why the change? Is the divorce costing you too much?

And if anyone questions your motives you go on a 4 post tilt-a-whirl.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
Aight fellas, we're wayy off topic here.

Lets all be nice before an admin comes along and shuts this thread down...
Old 05-06-2008, 07:19 PM

07 E550, 02 C32, 91 300E
Originally Posted by indyjoe
I actually counted 6 consecutive

I'd ask Brandon to see if he could start a new thread with all the pictures, data, etc. but that would be a bit of a pain I would assume. I'm getting tired of wading through the 5 mile long signature images/text and repetitive posts.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:56 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by indyjoe
.....You say you can't see investing in their project, but you were asking for cheap installers. You were even planning on flying out to help. Why the change? Is the divorce costing you too much?

ok...wow...This is sooo uncalled for its not even funny. Why in the world would you subject this kind of bashing to this individual.

Please...lets keep this on track. Possibly even 2 threads ..1 intake mod and the other SC pully.

The merits of these products are getting drowned in the idiocracy of these types of posts...
Old 05-06-2008, 08:02 PM

Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by DarkXerox

I'd ask Brandon to see if he could start a new thread with all the pictures, data, etc. but that would be a bit of a pain I would assume. I'm getting tired of wading through the 5 mile long signature images/text and repetitive posts.
+1

I motion for this thread to be deleted so that a new one can be started and kept on track.
We now have 10 pages of going back and forth with arguments that don't help noobs (or anyone who wants to look at the thread to get updates).

Brandon - ask the moderators if you can start a new thread with the same title and post in all the data and results that you have posted to date, as well as answers to people's concerns and suggestions.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Putting Money where Mouth IS!!!

** Don't worry Brandon, I put my money where my mouth is and PURCHASED the intake mod and the pulley. I will be happy to report to anyone my results with these mods ***

Glenn
Chicago IL
Old 05-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Almost a Member!

C32
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
** Don't worry Brandon, I put my money where my mouth is and PURCHASED the intake mod and the pulley. I will be happy to report to anyone my results with these mods ***

Glenn
Chicago IL
Same here.

Anyone receive their pulley yet?
Old 05-07-2008, 01:26 PM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by DarkXerox

Amen!
Old 05-07-2008, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by dkflipse
Amen!
Not to turn this into a thread about creating another thread () but it would be best if we could keep the communication in one direction.

That said, if the product is ready and shipping, why have any further communication from Code3? Start selling, and then the customers can report to the group.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Big Daddy is Waiting

[
That said, if the product is ready and shipping, why have any further communication from Code3? Start selling, and then the customers can report to the group.[/QUOTE]

FYI, I got an e mail late Friday , May 4th that it was shipping out. He's in Calif and I am in Chicago, so I'll give it a few days and advise all with photos when received. I am very excited and waiting like an expectant dad!! Come to pappa lil pulley, come to pappa!!!

Glenn
Old 05-07-2008, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I think I should be getting my pulley/intake filter today...

I'll post a few pics tomorrow.

I thought I was done modding the C32.. but I need to keep up with the newer cars.

G37, 335, EvoX, STI..

of course I don't plan to take on a modded turbo car.. but for a car worth around $17k.. it will hang with most of the factory stock cars under $40k.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
Originally Posted by TopGun32

I thought I was done modding the C32.. but I need to keep up with the newer cars.

G37, 335, EvoX, STI..

of course I don't plan to take on a modded turbo car.. but for a car worth around $17k.. it will hang with most of the factory stock cars under $40k.

The only stock car in your list that a stock C32 will have problems with is the EvoX, all the others have inferior 0-60 and 1/4mile
Old 05-07-2008, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Originally Posted by kindafast
The only stock car in your list that a stock C32 will have problems with is the EvoX, all the others have inferior 0-60 and 1/4mile
it's nothing his E55 couldnt take care of
Old 05-07-2008, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
from a dig yes..

but from a roll.. stock. No.

The new evo actually traps lower and its a bit slower than the Evo 9. It weighs more.

I think the STI and EVO are perfect cars for beating people off the line, if the driver knows what they are doing.

But the clutch will take a beating.

The EVO X does have a Dual clutch transmission with LC I believe.. but doubt it traps anything above 104.

Mod EVO 8, 9 and 10.. lets not argue about that..we know the answer.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:26 AM
M_M

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Fifth Ring
Advice to Code 3 -- Focus on product delivery
+10

it's been a drag dealing with him about delivery!!
Old 05-08-2008, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc power
Originally Posted by TopGun32

G37, 335, EvoX, STI..

+1
Its sad to see C32 is price in lower 20's bracket price, org price for mine is 56k june of 2002 with my options lol.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:17 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by 1qikctr
+1
Its sad to see C32 is price in lower 20's bracket price, org price for mine is 56k june of 2002 with my options lol.
not that sad...I've had this car for 6 years and a lot of the people still don't know what it is...they're usually in shock when i tell them you can get one for $20k range.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
and if you believe the time slips, an IS-F or even a IS 350. One of the major car mags just re-tested the Evo IX MR against the X . The IX was both quicker and faster than the newer car to 60 by almost a second and faster in quarter by a second as well. The newer Evo has gotten fat and sassy and lost its edge. SaME FOR THE Subie.

As far as C32 prices, there's a ton of them for sale in Autotrader and they are hitting the low 20s , high teens for cars that stickered at almost 60 K. I picked up my 04 with only 22 K original miles for real cheap. Luxury Motors of Chicago sold a loaded 04 (silver) with 40 K miles and 6 months warranty left for $21 K. Now thats an 04 with low miles. Knauz MB had an 02 with 40 K miles for $17 K.

Yes, they are dropping like a rock. All the reason to lick your chops in 2 years for a C63 with the Performance Package (09 model). C classes have traditionally not held their value well at the chutes (auctions) or in the retail market. The S and SLs are a lil better and E classes drop like a rock too. In fact, on a percentage basis, the E Class fares worse than the C because of the higher acquisition cost of the vehicle.

Oh, and I am still waiting for my pulley

Glenn
Old 05-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Almost a Member!

C32
This just in - Pulleys are being shipped via carrier pigeon.

jk, Brandon.

Hope to see my bundle soon!
Old 05-08-2008, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Got My Pulley Today!!!

Just got my pulley at 10:00 AM CST; It came in a small box, well protected with a package of M & M's with a code 3 sticker on the outside of the M & M Package!!!

The pulley is real nice. I held it against the original MB piece and its every bit as nice or nicer than the factory piece. I am NOT an engineer, but from the workmanship, it appears that Brandon really did his homework on this.

Only complaint: No Instructions, although I can probably figure this one out.
Attached Thumbnails A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley-code-iii-pulley-001.jpg   A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley-code-iii-pulley-002.jpg   A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley-code-iii-pulley-003.jpg   A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley-code-iii-pulley-004.jpg   A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley-code-iii-pulley-005.jpg  

Old 05-08-2008, 11:53 AM

2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
Thanks for sharing any chance you will get it installed today ? When you do please let us know your thoughts.

Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Just got my pulley at 10:00 AM CST; It came in a small box, well protected with a package of M & M's with a code 3 sticker on the outside of the M & M Package!!!

The pulley is real nice. I held it against the original MB piece and its every bit as nice or nicer than the factory piece. I am NOT an engineer, but from the workmanship, it appears that Brandon really did his homework on this.

Only complaint: No Instructions, although I can probably figure this one out.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
In a rush to get the pulleys out, I forgot to put the instructions in... You can however view or download them here:

http://www.code3performance.com/C32/...y_install.html

www.code3performance.com/C32/pulley_install.zip

First off, the pulleys are sold out!!! I will allow backorder on the next run as the demand is high. We are already working on the next run, and I expect to have everything within two weeks.

Now for some big news. For those of you that have crank pulleys already (178mm), the SC Pulleys works Oh, and it works so well...We are getting it on the dyno Saturday. We made 19.5psi last night on an SRT6. I have not been in a car that pulled so hard so quickly since my Cobra.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by Code3 Performance
In a rush to get the pulleys out, I forgot to put the instructions in... You can however view or download them here:

I only want instructions on how to open the M & M's, the pulley I can figure out!!!

We made 19.5psi last night on an SRT6. I have not been in a car that pulled so hard so quickly since my Cobra.
Its not a matter of you can and it will work, BUT do you really want to do 19.5 PSI on that unit (longevity issue of both the engine and supercharger??)
Old 05-08-2008, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
No Shims in the BOX either!!!

Also, Brandon, I did try to call you. There were NO shims in the box neither??? Will I need them and if so, under what conditions??? Do I use the M & Ms for shims???

Glenn

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley