Sponsored by:

c63bs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 10:44 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
TT 512 BB Ferrari, Dinan Z8,997 GT3, 74 BMW 3.0CSI
c63bs

Hi gents, what do you think the market is for a slightly used, mid optioned Black Series? Seems like original sticker went from $110 to about $130, is that correct?
thanks
Old 08-28-2012, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Seems in the ballpark. If you're buying, I'd wait like everyone else, unless you're okay with paying well over MSRP.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 SL Black, '12 ML63, '13 SL63, '14 E63 Wagon, '14 458 Italia
A fully-optioned BS ran just about $135, while a base was essentially $105. And the market is going to keep prices pretty damn high for a while.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
$139K...no aero/carbon

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...item3a78e2a190
Old 08-29-2012, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 Black Series
Yeah, there are a few out there in the $139-149k asking price range, that sticker closer to the $105k base. Not sure what the sales price will be, but these are less than 100 mile cars, essentially new, where people are trying to profit.

I believe the problem with that is the the exclusivity factor gets hyped a bit. Since I started looking, it was always that these are completely sold out, cant find them anywhere, impossible, etc. But they keep turning up. Maybe not the color people want, or options, etc. but they are out there.

My point is that until they are truly finished being built and sold, and get true sense of used market, kind of hard to say.

My obervation is that there is a missed market right now for someone who is willing to charge a "little" over sticker. I have one on order, and the wait is killing me. Would I pay a $5-10k penalty to have it right this moment? If its truly a brand new car in every way except title? I might. And I think that there are others that might. But at $20k+ over MSRP, no.

I look at it this way, my car as configured is about $107k. Essentially a base car with illuminated sills. To go pay $130k+ for that exact car, when it already has been titled would be nuts.

Last, I would say that someone who bought their BS new, drove it for 1k miles or so, enjoyed the newness and experience, but wants to sell. If that person was to list their car for $5k or so below MSRP, it would fire sale. To me, that is something that exists right now, that probably wont always. A BS even slightly below MSRP right now lightly used would sell fast...
Old 08-29-2012, 08:03 PM

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
SLS
+1

If you're looking to get brand new, there are some dealers with incoming 2013's that refuse to put a customer's name down and are going to go down a list calling folks who put down deposits. I'm happy to share this list with you (I don't have it neatly compiled), but I refuse to work with any of these dealers based on my experience in my own multi-month saga trying to secure an allocation. You'll just have to put down deposits, accept their crazy terms (some are requiring you lease only, some are requiring you agree to pay over MSRP anywhere from $5k to $25k), and be sure to stay ontop of them as end of Oct / beginning of Nov arrives when deliveries start.

If you're Ok with slightly used, I recommend waiting until all deliveries are complete, and see who wants to unload their BS after driving it for 1k miles and either deciding they want the next hotness *now* or the car just isn't for them (happens more often than not with cars high on the "Beast" meter).

In my search, I came across one that sickered for $108k with approx 1k miles on it. It sold a couple days later around MSRP. It was silver, so I passed. This was before I decided Iridium Silver was Ok.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB S63 AMG Coupe Edition 1 and McLaren 650S
Anything different with 2013 Black Series vs 2012 Black Series?

Originally Posted by GrnLantern
+1

If you're looking to get brand new, there are some dealers with incoming 2013's that refuse to put a customer's name down and are going to go down a list calling folks who put down deposits. I'm happy to share this list with you (I don't have it neatly compiled), but I refuse to work with any of these dealers based on my experience in my own multi-month saga trying to secure an allocation. You'll just have to put down deposits, accept their crazy terms (some are requiring you lease only, some are requiring you agree to pay over MSRP anywhere from $5k to $25k), and be sure to stay ontop of them as end of Oct / beginning of Nov arrives when deliveries start.

If you're Ok with slightly used, I recommend waiting until all deliveries are complete, and see who wants to unload their BS after driving it for 1k miles and either deciding they want the next hotness *now* or the car just isn't for them (happens more often than not with cars high on the "Beast" meter).

In my search, I came across one that sickered for $108k with approx 1k miles on it. It sold a couple days later around MSRP. It was silver, so I passed. This was before I decided Iridium Silver was Ok.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:39 PM

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
SLS
Originally Posted by nexlogic
Anything different with 2013 Black Series vs 2012 Black Series?
Not that I've been made aware of. If I'm not mistaken, it even still comes with mbrace not mbrace2 (although I believe all cars with mbrace are eligible for upgrade to mbrace2 for a fee at the dealer). It also lacks some of the options the 2013 C63 Coupe (and Sedan) now have over the 2012... such as Distronic with PRE-SAFE Brake, etc.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
How about the new SL63? Super hot!