CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Happy day! Got my CL65!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
CL65
Originally Posted by LaserSVT
I really wish there was. Anything I would be happy with. I was told I would have regular updates but its been nearly two weeks. Phone calls not answered, texts not returned, voicemails not returned. Just nothing. At this point I am pissed and have a flight booked for Thursday to go up there. I have a friend in the area thats off on Wednesday that is supposed o drop by to see what the hell is up. I understand crap happens and some custom **** has to be made but when I tell one of my customers I will update on a certain day and send pictures I damn well do it. I dont dodge their calls and just ignore their requests. I follow through which is why I am the only 5 star shop in this podunk town. Being put off due to countless excuses gets old. Yeah, I have a crap ton of **** in my life going on right now too but I still do my damn job and being the owner I stay on top of my customers builds and keep them informed.
I dont wish to crap talk Speedriven or Joe as this is a dream build and hes a good dude but I can only be pushed so far and when I am ignored all together it pisses me off beyond belief. I have missed so many important events already and have already spent grands for the Texas Shootout on Nov11th but the car should have been completed months ago. It keeps getting shoved to the side. I dont care that a dyno was installed or a car had to be ready for barret Jackson, I prepaid almost 20 grand to make sure mine was ready and it just keeps getting shoved to the side. I am mad enough to just go load the car Thursday and have it completed elsewhere. I have already pre paid for this next event, bought friends tickets from around the country all for this event and if it isnt here they and I will have serious issues. I want my seamn car back.

I figured I'd offer some support. Considering what you are out of pocket right now, and the time that has passed, I think you are being kind. I guess its only on the TV shows that people step up and put in an 18 hour day to try to get something completed. I know I have had to from time to time less the cameras.

I realize it may not be everyone's business for public posting, but follow up with the customer so it doesn't come to this again and again.

On the positive side, hopefully you have the animal you are promised, once completed and all the waiting will make it worth it. I'd start planning for the rear and beefier axles now, you are probably going to need them globs of power with a sticky tire and a heavy car is a bad combo.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Speedriven CL600 V12TT
If it's any excuse, I heard Jo's been out sick for like two weeks and there's a laundry list of vehicles they're building. E-Mailing has always been my best way to get hold of them. I wish you the best!
Old 10-18-2016, 03:25 PM

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
2012 AMG CL65
Yeah Jo has had more than his share of crap the last couple months and I have been understanding about it and will continue to be. Yeah I am aggravated about the timeline and all but I am not mad at them. They make great cars and I am very excited to have one of my own.
I have spoke with them yesterday to find out EXACTLY where my car is at and it should be completed this week by Thursday and then ready to heat cycle the exhaust manifolds. If that all goes well it will be strapped to the dyno and tuned and shipped back to me next week. So fingers crossed, hope that's what happens.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
SL 65 AMG, Porsche 911 (993), 2014 Cayenne GTS, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
I would ask for a deadline with a penalty of 5% discount per week. Hindsight.....do it from the beginning next time.....I have been doing this with higher purchases, i.e. house remodeling, etc... and it works....
Old 10-19-2016, 08:11 PM

2012 AMG CL65
They have taken care of me. Jo has been very helpful the last couple days as has been Marcin that has been working on the car.

I just want it back and it sounds like I will have it here next week.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cl55
Thats a beautiful beast of a car. congrats
The following users liked this post:
LaserSVT (10-19-2016)
Old 10-20-2016, 02:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts
05 CL65
Good news. I look forward to hearing some track times this winter.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:00 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Cl 65
Great that you got some good news and a reply.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W215 V12TT Build by Speedriven, W221 S550 4Matic
I think this thread will get interesting
Old 10-24-2016, 01:45 PM

2012 AMG CL65
Still awaiting fireup of the car. I am beyond anxious now as I had expected to have ample seat time in the car before this speed event and that no longer seems like a viable option. I hope to have SOME seat time at least. As to if the car will actually be shipped out to me this week..... no clue. Feels like a no right now.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CL65
I thought this build was suppose to be done in august as it's almost November??? This thing better trap 140 in the 1/4 for the amount of money and time....I def hope everything turns out as you want and is worth the wait

Last edited by 02cl55amg; 06-15-2019 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 329 Likes on 266 Posts
2006 S600
Are Speedriven taking pictures of what they do as they go along?

I'm sure I'm speaking for everyone else when I say I'd love to see those fancy headers before they get hidden away forever. The build log would be fascinating.

I was reading some of Dynodaddy's old posts last night, and he seemed to be convinced (from learning the hard way) that the exhaust manifolds are the key to extracting power from these engines. That, and the inlets, of course.

Nick
Old 10-26-2016, 06:33 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Benz
I am totally all for every M275 build out there. However, based on my experience with speedriven they don't deliver on there claims. I remeber inquiring YEARS ago and I do mean years ago about there big turbo kits circa "2012" and couldn't even buy one because it never really was a "kit" look over at the 211 forums, they start selling standalones, no hard data, take deposits, and never delivered, or there 55k supercharger kit. And personally know someone who put money down and waited over a year for deliver of such kit and it never happened.

It's saddening to be honest because like I stated I would love to see one of these kits come together and "actually run" They have touted a handful of Dyno charts but not once a track time to back it up. I know I might get hated on here but who has ever seen speedriven make a pass sub low 11s on there turbo hardware? And the cl 600 they built, which I know the current and previous owner are posting in this thread and I'm meaning no insults here.... But that car hasn't ever even been able to run a time comparable to a tune only 600. I know its running stock turbo housings but still.

Either way OP I hope your build exceeds expectations and that we can hear your outcome. Hopefully it won't end up being parts sitting on a shelf or car parked, like the set of down pipes I got from them that weren't bent correctly, sized correctly, and leaks at the slip joints.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:59 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
SL65 R230
Originally Posted by Welwynnick
Are Speedriven taking pictures of what they do as they go along?

I'm sure I'm speaking for everyone else when I say I'd love to see those fancy headers before they get hidden away forever. The build log would be fascinating.

Nick
Nick, the SD headers with turbos were shown here on MBWorld, when I remember correctly in the "engine out - feast for your eyes - thread. But in this thread the Pictures were taken offline.

I think I still have the Pictures on my old Computer. But i don't have access to them at the Moment.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:38 AM

2012 AMG CL65
I have been promised many pictures and videos. I have yet to see any.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
CL65
Originally Posted by BlownV8
Looking forward to your results. When are you shipping the car to them? Did you put a timeline in the work agreement?

There was a reason this was posted in the beginning with good intentions.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:04 PM

Benz
I have been promised many pictures and videos. I have yet to see any.
I do hope the best and they deliver on there promises to you. I once met the user named "soul searcher" who had an original build of customer turbo sl600 -- He told me multiple times the car never ran right and besides a glory run at the texas mile, and has never ever once been able to make it run correctly despite shipping it back to SD multiple times over the years.

To a few of the long term members on here I'm sure the remember SD being referred to as "the impound lot" since customer after customer never could get there cars back in a reasonable amount of time or finished up correctly.

I'll be willing to damn near promise you won't have your car by Thanksgiving, and if you have it by Decemeber 25th you can consider that a real "Christmas Miracle". Not to mention EVER running times that would correlate with the claimed power levels there selling it to you at. Hardware is easy, the tuning is what makes these motors a real *****. The new ECU in the w216 & w221 is different then the older 600's/65s and has sooooo many more tuning limitations that haven't been unlocked. Something tells me if they ever do finish it up and are able to make pulls they will next tell you there unable to make the power it should because the ECU/TCU are holding it back, then want you to buy a standalone.

Last edited by 1ForcedBenz; 10-26-2016 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:35 PM

2012 AMG CL65
I have already been told that last part.

I still have faith in them. Maybe it is because it is something I have wanted for so long. I dunno.

The car will be returned and sent elsewhere if this month ends without it being completed.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:57 PM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
SL65 R230
@1Forced Benz

It's all a matter of knowledge.Look at 3 Builts from GAD-Motors from Germany.They have 3 M157 Cars with over 1100 HP Crank, including Vasily's well known E63 4x4. And the one off SLS 6.3.BiTurbo with approx.1200 HP-Crank. All models have newest generation ECU and from what I know, tuning is even easier if you know the new ECU because there is no limitation with the map-sensor like the old SL600/65 ECU.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:18 PM

Benz
Originally Posted by AMG-Driver
@1Forced Benz

It's all a matter of knowledge.Look at 3 Builts from GAD-Motors from Germany.They have 3 M157 Cars with over 1100 HP Crank, including Vasily's well known E63 4x4. And the one off SLS 6.3.BiTurbo with approx.1200 HP-Crank. All models have newest generation ECU and from what I know, tuning is even easier if you know the new ECU because there is no limitation with the map-sensor like the old SL600/65 ECU.
Your undeniably correct. I've just not heard nor seen anyone get thru it yet on the ME 2.7.2. Its absolutely doable that I'm sure I just have my doubts that there at that point. Mostly because even the old ECU wasn't fully developed and they ditched it for Stand alone "which is fine to me" But would find it hard to believe if the new ECU was cracked wide open while the old one wasn't.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W215 V12TT Build by Speedriven, W221 S550 4Matic
Im stepping in to say yes, my car ran 11.2 best 1/4 mile pass it ever did. There was more in the car but not a lot of time to get everything dialed in. From my mod list I should have been well into the 10s. I did have smaller turbos than the 65 guys and obviously my car was only a 600. The trans also felt as if it was shifting a bit slow but than again its a heavy monster with no trans support for much cooling. i had no lsD so my times could have been improved with a better 60ft however my trap speed was not helping.
No matter what the excuse the car should be well into the 10s with the mods for sure but it was not.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:47 AM

Benz
Originally Posted by kamilclk430
Im stepping in to say yes, my car ran 11.2 best 1/4 mile pass it ever did. There was more in the car but not a lot of time to get everything dialed in. From my mod list I should have been well into the 10s. I did have smaller turbos than the 65 guys and obviously my car was only a 600. The trans also felt as if it was shifting a bit slow but than again its a heavy monster with no trans support for much cooling. i had no lsD so my times could have been improved with a better 60ft however my trap speed was not helping.
No matter what the excuse the car should be well into the 10s with the mods for sure but it was not.
Well thanks for putting out your unbiased opinion / experience with the situation. I honestly wasn't trying to be rude and am glad you didn't take it that way. I can speak for myself when I say I WISH there was a tuner/fabricator that had these 275's nailed down and were reliable.

And OP, any updates??
Old 11-02-2016, 09:15 AM

Benz
Bump--

Any word on your project? I'm seriously pulling for you and hoping to hear some good news that proves my experiences wrong. I love the 65's and having the same car as you puts me in your corner for having it work out!
Old 11-02-2016, 09:28 AM

2012 AMG CL65
As of Monday the ECU was on the bench been tuned, they were moving some oil return lines around and putting the downpipes in I requested instead of the ones they actually installed. Other than that I still don't know.
Old 11-05-2016, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,089 Likes on 876 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Getting anxious! Jo has been great to work with and we decided to do a couple small touches to make it look even better. I really like him and his crew. That being said I am getting super ancey to get my car back. Taking my first vacation in 6 years in a couple weeks and really wanted to drive her to Vegas. Doubt it will be ready in time though. Almost thinking of buying the SL65 Black replica he has for sale too. lol

We are close to 3 months since you posted this update. Where does the project stand? Yes, like Racehorse stated, there was a reason I asked early on if you had something in the agreement as to a timeline and or penalties for not making the timeline. Have they agreed to do some kind of discount or refund for the extended time you have been without your car?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Happy day! Got my CL65!