Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Mercedes-Benz rated the most reliable brand in Germany.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 01:57 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Mercedes-Benz rated the most reliable brand in Germany.

ADAC Breakdown Statistics for 2005: Mercedes Has the Most Reliable Models
Source: Autospectator.com

Stuttgart, Germany, April 26, 2006 -- According to the breakdown statistics for 2005 that have released by the German automobile association ADAC, Mercedes passenger cars are among the most reliable motor vehicles in Germany. Six model series from Mercedes-Benz achieved top rankings in the statistics - more than from any other automotive brand.

The experts at the ADAC are particularly impressed by the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, which the statistics show to be the most reliable medium-size car. Top rankings in the ADAC assessment were also achieved by the E-Class, S-Class and M-Class, as well as by the CLK-Class and SLK-Class sports models.

The ADAC assesses passenger car models from five different vehicle classes. With six model series, all demonstrating extremely high reliability, Mercedes-Benz is the most frequently represented brand in the top ranks of the statistics for the most reliable cars in Germany.

The ADAC breakdown statistics are one of the most important surveys of on-the-road passenger car reliability. The statistics were computed on the basis of the approximately 3.75 million times that ADAC personnel provided breakdown assistance last year.

Here's the original article from ADAC translated: Germans and Japanese rated the most reliable in Germany.

Translation is kinda funny...
Old 05-18-2006, 08:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 E550
they must be comparing it to the French and Italian cars sold in Germany....
Old 05-19-2006, 12:02 PM
Almost a Member!

I'm surprised none of you Mercedes owners and fans are very interested on this.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
this has to be some kind of a joke

my car has been in service at LEAST 30 times in less than 3 years, it was bought brand new

mercedes reliable, and bush didnt lie
Old 05-20-2006, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
[QUOTE=AMG_55] this has to be some kind of a joke
my car has been in service at LEAST 30 times in less than 3 years, it was bought brand new
mercedes reliable, and bush didnt.[QUOTE]

I bought my 2006 C230 SS new 8 months ago, it's up to 10k miles, and so far I had to bring in the car for:

1.) Drivers side weather stripping was loose and had to be replaced.
2.) Car had alignment issue at 8k miles. Car kept pulling to the right.
3.) CD Changer needed to be replaced; it stopped working at 2k miles.
4.) Convenience Features was working inconsistently.
5.) Outside temp guage was working incorrectly.

All were fixed/replaced under warranty.

Don't get me wrong, I love my car. But it has its quirks.
As far as reliability goes, we'll have to see as time passes.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
You guys didn't read the criteria for the survey results. The ADAC is basing this on the number of times that a Mercedes required a tow or roadside assistance. They count everything from flat tires to out of gas calls. They are simply saying that in 2005 Mercedes' cars in Germany required less roadside assistance from a tow truck or any other type of roadside service provider. In short a Mercedes was towed away from the side of the road less than all other brands. All the niggling problems discussed here aren't going to cause an actual breakdown in most cases.

This is a big difference from the American surveys which measure much, much more. With Consumer Reports and JD Powers they count everything beyond just "break downs" like how the car operates on a daily basis.

M
Old 05-20-2006, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
Originally Posted by TA-9FF
Originally Posted by AMG_55
this has to be some kind of a joke
mercedes reliable, and bush didnt.
I bought my 2006 C230 SS new 8 months ago, it's up to 10k miles, and so far I had to bring in the car for:

1.) Drivers side weather stripping was loose and had to be replaced.
2.) Car had alignment issue at 8k miles. Car kept pulling to the right.
3.) CD Changer needed to be replaced; it stopped working at 2k miles.
4.) Convenience Features was working inconsistently.
5.) Outside temp guage was working incorrectly.

All were fixed/replaced under warranty.

Don't get me wrong, I love my car. But it has its quirks.
As far as reliability goes, we'll have to see as time passes.
Wow. that's a lot of of issues. I only had a problem with the armrest lid that required a trip to the dealer. My brother bought a new BMW 325i a few months after I had bought my MB C320, and he has had more problems with his bimmer.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:22 PM

C32
and Santa lives!

For the record, my car has been on a tow truck once for a fuel pump failure. Hope nothing else is gonna happen ...
Old 05-25-2006, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Old 05-29-2006, 06:04 AM

Mommy drives a '93 Opel Astra
One has to consider that the average age of cars in Germany is eight years,
so the report may fit because more Germans drive older MBs...
Old 06-11-2006, 07:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
Wink ADAC Report

Originally Posted by Andaluz
I'm surprised none of you Mercedes owners and fans are very interested on this.
I AM interested, thanks for posting this info Andaluz.

I have chosen to ignore the Consumer's Reports and J.D. Powers reviews of Mercedes-Benz.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but Car & Driver and Road & Track LIKE Daimler-Chrysler (for the most part anyway). In my opinion, they really know automobles, and their tests are very thorough.

I love my Benz!
Old 06-12-2006, 12:20 AM
Almost a Member!

1985 380SE with High Compression 560 motor and LPG
I don't believe that for a second.

Don't new Mercedes come with their own Roadside assist program? Perhaps because of that they probably missed a lot of counts.

I'm constantly hearing of people with new models having problems. I've looked at new models in the showroom, I'm appalled at the interior quality (The American made models were esspecially bad).

They're not built like they used to be.

Even a look at the sales brochures for my 20 year old S class and the ones for the brand new S class show it. The brochures for the new S class, just have glossy, fancy photographs and captions telling you how good the the car makes you feel. The old brochure has pages and pages of text explaining how way the car is constructed and the reasons for the way its been designed.

These days Mercedes trys to sell cars based on image and niche vehicles and lower (relative) prices. Not sheer engineering excellence like they used to be.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyingphil1st
I don't believe that for a second.

Don't new Mercedes come with their own Roadside assist program? Perhaps because of that they probably missed a lot of counts.

I'm constantly hearing of people with new models having problems. I've looked at new models in the showroom, I'm appalled at the interior quality (The American made models were esspecially bad).

They're not built like they used to be.

Even a look at the sales brochures for my 20 year old S class and the ones for the brand new S class show it. The brochures for the new S class, just have glossy, fancy photographs and captions telling you how good the the car makes you feel. The old brochure has pages and pages of text explaining how way the car is constructed and the reasons for the way its been designed.

These days Mercedes trys to sell cars based on image and niche vehicles and lower (relative) prices. Not sheer engineering excellence like they used to be.
Good observation on the brochures. And the free roadside assistance. Each time I hear of these ADAC results I wonder how the free assistance figures in. Not standard over there?

I'm working on better reliability research than anything available today. The main issue is getting enough participants. Details here:

http:/www.truedelta.com/reliability.php