Sponsored by:

AMG GTS Tuning piggybacks and OBD2 Boost pressure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 08:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GTS Edition 1
AMG GTS Tuning piggybacks

Hello To begin with please excuse my english its not my native language , its my first post here in this forum i hope to be an active member and to learn from other memebers and try to help too.

The GTS is my first Merc coming from Bmws so many different things so im new to the AMG world too,Im enjoying the experience so far but always looking for more power , i have a couple of questions im looking forward to tune the car, to be exact to get a Chip, tuning module , tunning box. I have an experience with the JB4 chip on Bmws and it was amazing more power and without a trace. I know most of you will recommend to get a "real tune" , flash the ecu but loosing the MB Warrenty is not an option for me and i dont want to take the risk of being caught by MB so i would like to use the safe way and use a chip which cant be detected by MB.

I found more than one tuner that offered this kind of chip most of them offer the same gains but they differ in the way they connect to the car and and the price ofcourse

1-BRABUS PowerXtra B40-600 (which is the most expensive and i think its not worth it)

http://www.brabus.com/en/raster.php?...7&modell=45658

2-Performaster

http://www.performmaster.com/amg-gt-gts/

3-G-Power

https://www.g-power.com/benoetigt-de...10-ps_3393.php

4-Kleemann K-Box

http://catalog.kleemann.dk/catalog/e...ox-c63gts-4-0/

Would love to hear if any of you guys have tried any or have any experience with these chips or any different chip im really confused at the moment and have no experience in AMG tuning and would love to buy something which was tried and tested that will help me to deside between these options.

Thanks

Last edited by Gts-killer; 02-25-2017 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:30 AM

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
GTS AMG
I would just opted for a tune. Prices have come down and they've shown excellent results.

I did the Eurocharge tune and have been very happy with the results. I'm sure all of the major tuners are getting the same results as far as HP and overall performance.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
The following 2 users liked this post by CAracer:
Gts-killer (02-25-2017), loungn14 (03-17-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 12:32 PM

AMG GTS Edition 1
Originally Posted by CAracer
I would just opted for a tune. Prices have come down and they've shown excellent results.

I did the Eurocharge tune and have been very happy with the results. I'm sure all of the major tuners are getting the same results as far as HP and overall performance.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Thanks for the reply im aware that having a Flash tune is much better it provides more power , less issues and Full control over the car. but the issue is that even my local mechanic didn't recommend to tune the car he said that a coupe AMGs He tuned had issues with there Turbos or Gear and the man wont fool me he will get payed if i tune the car in his shop. i know these stuff are so expensive to repair or replace i dont want to go through that with no warrenty.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:46 PM

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
GTS AMG
I totally understand.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:12 AM

AMG GTS Edition 1
Update : i choose to go with the Performmaster Pec Module ive order it and waiting for it to reach as soon as i have my hands on it ill run some tests and will update with the results
Old 03-17-2017, 01:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'16 AMG GT S, '16 ML400. '11 SCCA T1 Z06
Yes, please update us when you can.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:12 PM

Received 245 Likes on 152 Posts
Designo White AMG GTS
I haven't tried any of the chips but my understanding on the flash tunes is that you can flash back to stock and the dealer wont know. From the 5 minutes I spent researching, what I read is that it's not like an Audi where the dealer will still be able to tell because of the flash counter.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong...
Old 03-17-2017, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'16 AMG GTS, '14 CTS V, '15 GTR, '12 458, '05 DB9, '79 T/A Resto, '14 SRT8, '01 996TT, '00 360 etc
I did the Eurocharge and have been happy. No drivability problems. Noticable difference in power but from a dead stop it has the same issue as stock and that's traction. MB needs a better traction control system.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:44 PM

AMG GTS Edition 1
Originally Posted by kumizi
I haven't tried any of the chips but my understanding on the flash tunes is that you can flash back to stock and the dealer wont know. From the 5 minutes I spent researching, what I read is that it's not like an Audi where the dealer will still be able to tell because of the flash counter.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong...

i dont know really about the flash counter but im sure they may know because of the need to open the ecu as you now modern cars cant be flashed through obd and they need to crack the ecu open to perform the flash which in some cases requires soldering or other kind of techniques and these are not reversible
Old 03-17-2017, 05:46 PM

AMG GTS Edition 1
Originally Posted by rsalco
Yes, please update us when you can.

i will as soon as it arrives they shipped it today just received the shippment tracking number
Old 03-18-2017, 01:07 AM

'16 AMG GTS, '14 CTS V, '15 GTR, '12 458, '05 DB9, '79 T/A Resto, '14 SRT8, '01 996TT, '00 360 etc
I forgot to mention. MB knows what you're doing regardless because it records your revs, rpm's etc and they can choose to warranty whatever they want. Those parameters are stored in multiple places on your ECU so you get the idea.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:54 AM

AMG GTS Edition 1
Originally Posted by MGonz540
I forgot to mention. MB knows what you're doing regardless because it records your revs, rpm's etc and they can choose to warranty whatever they want. Those parameters are stored in multiple places on your ECU so you get the idea.

You mean with a flash ? Or a tuning box ? Because tuning boxes is hard to discover it tricks the ecu and gives it lower readings from the sensors so the ecu will raise the figures to the normal level, so to MB they will not see anything over normal levels. I used jb4 on multiple bmws and then took them for repairs on the warranty never been caught
Old 03-18-2017, 02:45 AM

I will do my best to keep it simple. If the dealership looks hard enough they will find what they want to find. You can reduce that chance immensely by doing what I did, buy an extra ECU and tune the donor thus leaving your original ECU untouched. It's an easy thing to install. Plug n play.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:58 AM

AMG GTS Edition 1
I will do my best to keep it simple. If the dealership looks hard enough they will find what they want to find. You can reduce that chance immensely by doing what I did, buy an extra ECU and tune the donor thus leaving your original ECU untouched. It's an easy thing to install. Plug n play.

It can be done ? I've heard that new Mercs wont allow you to do such thing , the car is locked to 1 ecu with vin number and wont start with another. This is interesting but expensive i guess to buy another ecu then tune it how much did it cost you in total ? And the package provided by performmaster in theory its doing what your doing just in 1 step it uses oem plug to get attached directly to the ecu so you plug the cable coming from the car to the module and then plug the module to the ecu so pretty much its controlling everything through the ecu not just giving boost and fuel fake readings thats all in theory once i have my hands on it well see the results.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:11 PM

PM me and I will explain and no its not that expensive and it is easy.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:20 PM

AMG GTS Edition 1
Update: Sharing my experience! The module is taking forever to arrive the company which is based in Germany sent the package with "DHL" which is Deutsche Post i was promised a 7-10 days delivery from Performmaster and now its almost a month and im still waiting , Cant blame them for the delay and the customer service is good its just they sent the package using a Bad shipping method. And they offered sending another one using another shipping method but im just waiting for the Month mark and ill request that. (shipping date was 17-3-2017)

Meanwhile i did some experiments using a perfomance box (vbox) to have an idea of the car performance and to compare stock numbers to after installing the module.

0-100 Kmh in 4.0 with wheelspin using race start with Traction off
100-200 Kmh in 7.3
The run was in 30 degrees Celsius and using Michelin pilot super sport which came with the car so they are 2 year old tires which drove on them 20,000 Km LOTS OF WHEELSPIN ! I think these are good results in this condition.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:34 AM

GTS Killer, THAT IS FAST!!!!!!! Just so I understand. That is without a tune? BTW, I can never get my Continental's to hook. That is good driving on your part. With or without tune, congrats!!
Old 04-10-2017, 01:25 AM

AMG GTS Edition 1
GTS Killer, THAT IS FAST!!!!!!! Just so I understand. That is without a tune? BTW, I can never get my Continental's to hook. That is good driving on your part. With or without tune, congrats!!

Thanks ! Yes its Stock with no tune. I think these are the GTs average numbers but im impressed that it can achieve these number with such a hot weather and high humidity summer already started here in Dubai and the addition of bad tires. such a machine !

an advice try to heat the tires i did 3 runs back to back my first one was 4.5 then 4.2 the last was 4.0 each time the tire gets hotter and the grip increases.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:13 PM

Those are great numbers!! I assure you, that is an average GTs. At least not mine. I'm gonna try to heat the tires. Guess it's just my ego that won't allow to. Lesson learned. BTW, I understand the heat and humidity thing. It's been 92degrees with a cool front going away. Please keep me/us posted on your progress.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:34 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
G63,GT
Originally Posted by Gts-killer
Thanks ! Yes its Stock with no tune. I think these are the GTs average numbers but im impressed that it can achieve these number with such a hot weather and high humidity summer already started here in Dubai and the addition of bad tires. such a machine !

an advice try to heat the tires i did 3 runs back to back my first one was 4.5 then 4.2 the last was 4.0 each time the tire gets hotter and the grip increases.
I just picked up a V-BOX. Had s ton of fun last weekend with my buddy trying to get our times as low as possible... our results: (and mind you, I have a totally stock GT (NON-S)

0-60: 3.79

This was achieved by:

1.) Start in sport+ Mode.

2.) Hit brake hard to engage 'Hold' feature.

3.) Switch to Manual mode. (Hold feature doesnt work in M, so this is the cheat.)

4.) Activate sport handling.

5.) Floor it, but the second I put the power down, shift to 2nd. Prevents spin.

I experimented with around 10 different scenarios, and this was the fastest. Launch mode creates too much wheel spin... I feel the hold feature is smart.. it allows you to do the entire thing with one foot, and and all you need to do is push the pedal to the floor! IMO not bad numbers for a bone stock GT with a full tank of gas, 2 people in the car and the driver (me) wearing flip-flop sandals.

For reference, my buddies 2017 C63s coupe only managed a 4.0; and thar was after about 20 different launches! Car is over powered... way too much wheel spin.. thinking we may need wider rubber!
The following users liked this post:
emericr (04-11-2017)
Old 04-11-2017, 03:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 696 Likes on 530 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by xcfisher
I just picked up a V-BOX. Had s ton of fun last weekend with my buddy trying to get our times as low as possible... our results: (and mind you, I have a totally stock GT (NON-S)

This was achieved by:

3.) Switch to Manual mode. (Hold feature doesnt work in M, so this is the cheat.)

I experimented with around 10 different scenarios, and this was the fastest. Launch mode creates too much wheel spin... I feel the hold feature is smart.. it allows you to do the entire thing with one foot, and and all you need to do is push the pedal to the floor! IMO not bad numbers for a bone stock GT with a full tank of gas, 2 people in the car and the driver (me) wearing flip-flop sandals.

For reference, my buddies 2017 C63s coupe only managed a 4.0; and thar was after about 20 different launches! Car is over powered... way too much wheel spin.. thinking we may need wider rubber!
Interesting like to see your number to 100.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:36 AM

AMG GTS Edition 1
Those are great numbers!! I assure you, that is an average GTs. At least not mine. I'm gonna try to heat the tires. Guess it's just my ego that won't allow to. Lesson learned. BTW, I understand the heat and humidity thing. It's been 92degrees with a cool front going away. Please keep me/us posted on your progress.

Goodluck ! Will do.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:42 AM

AMG GTS Edition 1
Originally Posted by xcfisher

This was achieved by:

Grats ! Great numbers im sure you can do ever better and thanks for the advice ill try your technique, would love to see a 100-200 kmh on the GT which will be 62-124 Mph
Old 04-11-2017, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Interesting idea to use the hold feature and shift to second early to avoid wheel spin.
Gives me another reason to go drive the car (like I need one lol).
Thanks XC
Old 04-12-2017, 12:17 AM

The following may be dumb questions but I am just curious. Any concerns with the transmission or gears with this technique? How long does this procedure take you? I'm thinking, in a real world situation could you do this technique at the drop of a hat? Please don't take that question as a fesicious one. In my McLaren (no longer have) I simply hold the brake down gas to the floor and I am ready, let off brake and I was gone. Even in my SRT8 and Hellcat (no longer have) it was simple. Sport mode, foot on brake, gas down let off brake and I was gone. The GTs is obviously a little more tedious especially for a guy like me who doesn't drive it as often as I would like.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.