Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMG GT (The Best Downpipes Available)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 12:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 Mercedes SLS, 2014 Mercedes SLS Black Series, 2014 E63S, 2013 S550, 2012 ML63, 2013 C250
AMG GT (The Best Downpipes Available)

If you're going to buy something for your car, why not buy the best. Well, maybe the best part is really expensive but sometimes it's not. The best downpipes for your car are made by Kooks and they are not the most expensive, as a matter of fact they are priced extremely reasonable. At World Motorsports we only want to offer our customers the best products that are available for their cars. We just received our first order of AMG GT, GT-S, and GT-R downpipes and we are really impressed with them. I took some quick photos of them with my phone so that I can show you how amazingly made these downpipes are. Just compare these photos to everyone else selling downpipes for this car and you will immediately see the difference.

Don't get fooled into buying an inferior product, buy the Kooks downpipes, they are in stock at World Motorsports.

http://www.world-motorsports.com/amg...downpipes.html

Last edited by Staff@WORLD; 12-14-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 Mercedes SLS, 2014 Mercedes SLS Black Series, 2014 E63S, 2013 S550, 2012 ML63, 2013 C250
Here are some photos of the street-legal pipes that we offer as well for this car.

Old 12-15-2017, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Great product. I only wish this mod would not require to cut the OEM pipes and putting it back to stock is not possible without spending a fortune.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts
2003 SL55,2020 GTC ,2017 GTS sold ,2002 G500 Sold,2003 SL500 Sold,
But how much WHP do downpipes give you ? ,all different claims out there,and to do it right without cutting stock pipes is time consuming job.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
From my experience with doing this on my C63 and CLS63, the gain is minimal at best but the aural pleasure is priceless
Old 12-28-2017, 07:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
E55, GMC Suburban, F430 matchbox, Caddooo DTS
If you are going to do downpipes on these cars then these are the downpipes to get.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:01 PM

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts
GT3
Aside from the cats, how do these improve performance? They're pipes. A pipe is a pipe, no? I can understand removing the cats helps flow, but other than that???? How is one hollow tube better than another hollow tube? Same diameter or are these larger?
Old 12-29-2017, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Aside from the cats, how do these improve performance? They're pipes. A pipe is a pipe, no? I can understand removing the cats helps flow, but other than that???? How is one hollow tube better than another hollow tube? Same diameter or are these larger?
I assume that your question is in relation to the statement that these are the best downpipes available and how are these downpipes better than the ones that someone else will sell. In regards to performing better than another downpipes set, you are right that a pipe is a pipe. The only think that can improve that pipe would be the sizing, the material and the smoothness of the bends. All the pipes are very close in that respect so let's just say that their is very little difference between these and other pipes.

What is different?

A) LACK OF WELDS- Every other downpipes for sale is made by welding multiple pieces of bent pipe together in order to get the downpipes to make all the turn it needs to fit. Our downpipes are done with one continuous piece of seamless tubing and all done on a mandrel bending machine from one end of the pipe to the other. These machines are very expensive so most companies just buy universal bends done on a mandrel machine and weld them together. The way we do it is the cleanest way and offers the smoothest flow of any of the available products.

B) FIT AND FINISH- Our pipes fit like factory. Nothing is worse than installing your aftermarket part and have it hit the chassis or touch somewhere creating a noise or vibration that will drive you crazy. This is a long install so if you are going to put a set of pipes in your car, you may as well start with the best ones.

C) PRICE- These downpipes are in line with the prices of all the downpipes available for the AMG GT series cars. If you are looking at 5 parts that are pretty much the same price wouldn't you think that the best one is the one you should get?

D) DELIVERY- These parts are in stock at our facility in Torrance usually. Wouldn't it be nice to have something ship on the day that you order it instead of waiting several week or even months until the parts are built to order?

These are just some of the positive things that make the downpipes that we are selling the best ones available for your car. We sell them retail and we also sell them wholesale to many shops. The other shops that buy downpipes from us like them because of all these positive points that I presented.

If anyone has any questions regarding these products please feel free to get in touch with me by PM, I will be happy top answer them.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:23 PM

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts
GT3
Originally Posted by cpais
I assume that your question is in relation to the statement that these are the best downpipes available and how are these downpipes better than the ones that someone else will sell. In regards to performing better than another downpipes set, you are right that a pipe is a pipe. The only think that can improve that pipe would be the sizing, the material and the smoothness of the bends. All the pipes are very close in that respect so let's just say that their is very little difference between these and other pipes.

What is different?

A) LACK OF WELDS- Every other downpipes for sale is made by welding multiple pieces of bent pipe together in order to get the downpipes to make all the turn it needs to fit. Our downpipes are done with one continuous piece of seamless tubing and all done on a mandrel bending machine from one end of the pipe to the other. These machines are very expensive so most companies just buy universal bends done on a mandrel machine and weld them together. The way we do it is the cleanest way and offers the smoothest flow of any of the available products.

B) FIT AND FINISH- Our pipes fit like factory. Nothing is worse than installing your aftermarket part and have it hit the chassis or touch somewhere creating a noise or vibration that will drive you crazy. This is a long install so if you are going to put a set of pipes in your car, you may as well start with the best ones.

C) PRICE- These downpipes are in line with the prices of all the downpipes available for the AMG GT series cars. If you are looking at 5 parts that are pretty much the same price wouldn't you think that the best one is the one you should get?

D) DELIVERY- These parts are in stock at our facility in Torrance usually. Wouldn't it be nice to have something ship on the day that you order it instead of waiting several week or even months until the parts are built to order?

These are just some of the positive things that make the downpipes that we are selling the best ones available for your car. We sell them retail and we also sell them wholesale to many shops. The other shops that buy downpipes from us like them because of all these positive points that I presented.

If anyone has any questions regarding these products please feel free to get in touch with me by PM, I will be happy top answer them.
Great, thanks for the detailed response!
Old 12-30-2017, 09:51 AM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
AMG GTR, Subaru Rally Car,Model X P100D
Please clarify, I read that you have to cut your stock exhaust? Therefore going back to stock is difficult?
Old 12-30-2017, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Brian Clarke
Please clarify, I read that you have to cut your stock exhaust? Therefore going back to stock is difficult?
We do not cut the stock exhaust. We go through removing the torque tube to do the install when we do it. It's a long labor job to install any downpipes on this car if you do not cut corners. I do not recommend cutting any corners to do the job.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 702 Likes on 535 Posts
R Nine T
Not one sound clip?

Hate to say, but sound I’ve heard is like a truck...
Old 01-08-2018, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Not one sound clip?

Hate to say, but sound I’ve heard is like a truck...
I started a new thread that has videos and sound clips of the stock downpipes and the street-legal downpipes.
Old 10-08-2021, 03:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls 55 amg
Regarding down pipes

Originally Posted by cpais

What is different?

please call me 909 992 6170 or email me jerryinvitesu@gmail.com