Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2023, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE450
GLE2020 imported from Japan to Thailand carplay and Nav issues

Hi pals, just imported a 2020 GLE 450 to Thailand. Plethora of issues
a). carplay and android auto are in deactivated state
b) mercedes me connect doesn’t register VIN so cant get any paid services like nav update or region change for maps etc
c) system timezone locked for Japan

few snaps of carplay

Few benz showrooms turned away as they can service only vehicles sold by them!

can anyone suggest solutions for the above? Thank you!
Old 01-21-2023, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,825 Likes on 2,557 Posts
2019 C63CS
That appears that this car doesn't have the Smartphone interface from the factory, so AA/CarPlay are deactivated. In most markets it's an extra cost option. It can be activated via the Mercedes me store, but for that you need Mercedes me, which you won't be able to activate in Thailand on a Japanese car. Mercedes me is regional and tied to the VINs in that market. Mercedes will only provision Mercedes me in Thailand to cars that were sold in Thailand and that's assuming Mercedes me is actually offered in Thailand. It's not available in every market. You can try contacting RJ Automotive. They may be able to remotely activate AA/CarPlay, but you won't have luck with Mercedes me, because you'd need Mercedes to cooperate and be willing to active it for your VIN.
The following users liked this post:
popuri (01-22-2023)
Old 01-22-2023, 02:40 AM

GLE450
Originally Posted by superswiss
That appears that this car doesn't have the Smartphone interface from the factory, so AA/CarPlay are deactivated. In most markets it's an extra cost option. It can be activated via the Mercedes me store, but for that you need Mercedes me, which you won't be able to activate in Thailand on a Japanese car. Mercedes me is regional and tied to the VINs in that market. Mercedes will only provision Mercedes me in Thailand to cars that were sold in Thailand and that's assuming Mercedes me is actually offered in Thailand. It's not available in every market. You can try contacting RJ Automotive. They may be able to remotely activate AA/CarPlay, but you won't have luck with Mercedes me, because you'd need Mercedes to cooperate and be willing to active it for your VIN.
Thanks a ton! Mercedes Me is available for Merc cars sold in Thailand and I doubt they would activate mine. Will try my luck visiting them next week. Please send details of RJ automative as last option. Thanks again.

Old 01-22-2023, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by popuri
Thanks a ton! Mercedes Me is available for Merc cars sold in Thailand and I doubt they would activate mine. Will try my luck visiting them next week. Please send details of RJ automative as last option. Thanks again.
Google RJ Automotive would have gotten you there, but here you go https://rjautomotive.net/
Old 01-28-2023, 09:03 PM

GLE450
Any one tested these out? NTG 6 ACTIVATION OF EVERY OPTION ON MBUX

Originally Posted by superswiss

Is it worth trying these out? I can not change region, or time and no car play or navigation. The sim on the Hermes module is linked to Japan so no way for Mercedes to enable Mercedes Me it seems. The MB customer care made it clear. Your ideas are welcome. Thank youu.
Old 01-28-2023, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by popuri
Is it worth trying these out? I can not change region, or time and no car play or navigation. The sim on the Hermes module is linked to Japan so no way for Mercedes to enable Mercedes Me it seems. The MB customer care made it clear. Your ideas are welcome. Thank youu.
It's worth a try. I know the MB system supports loading different region maps. I did European Delivery with my C63 and while in Europe it had the European maps on it, and once the car arrived in the USA, they loaded the North American maps. Mercedes me was not working while I was in Europe and looks like these guys also can only load the local maps and change the radio frequencies, but not activate Mercedes me.
The following users liked this post:
popuri (01-28-2023)