Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Mercedes Bluetooth (AWS) Phone Compatibility List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 SL 500
Originally Posted by andreirublev
Any advice where I should start troubleshooting? I'm not sure if it's my phone, the puck, or the cradle.
It's likely that the V60 bluetooth puck isn't compatible with your phone. According to this site:
http://www.wireless4mb.com
only Motorola RAZR's and L7 SLVR are compatible. However, people have gotten this puck to work with other phones. I can only guess that your V551 isn't a compatible phone. You can get Motorola Razr V3 phones pretty cheap off eBay though.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
There is a new MHI Cradle available, it's also not on back order it is just blocked from ordering without submitting the clients vin# Finding vin#s is a simple task working at a dealer so I ordered 10 last week received them and sold them already. Also the list price has been increased to $420. I don't have much info on what changes have been made all that I was told was that they support more phones.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:32 PM

Sony Ericsson K790i/K800i support

Does anybody know if the Sony Ericsson k790i/800i is supported? Thanks.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:49 PM

'04 SL 500
Originally Posted by Mr. Big
Does anybody know if the Sony Ericsson k790i/800i is supported? Thanks.
For the new BT puck, or the older V60 puck?
Old 05-17-2007, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rambler358
For the new BT puck, or the older V60 puck?
For the V60 puck. Is that the older one? I have an '00 CLK.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:17 PM

'04 SL 500
Originally Posted by Mr. Big
For the V60 puck. Is that the older one? I have an '00 CLK.
I have a '04 SL500, and need the older V60 puck. MY 2005+ have a newer Bluetooth setup with a new BT puck adapter.

I *think* you would be able to use the V60 puck, but not sure if it supports your phone. Go to this site:
and click the "Vehicle Phone Compatibility" button. From there you can select the year of your vehicle, and see what options you have, and for what cellular provider.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rambler358
I have a '04 SL500, and need the older V60 puck. MY 2005+ have a newer Bluetooth setup with a new BT puck adapter.

I *think* you would be able to use the V60 puck, but not sure if it supports your phone. Go to this site:
and click the "Vehicle Phone Compatibility" button. From there you can select the year of your vehicle, and see what options you have, and for what cellular provider.
Yes, I've already checked the compatibility chart and it seems that Motorola makes the only phones that are approved, but others are having luck with phones such as the Blackberry and Palm which are not listed. So my question remains, has anyone had luck with the Sony Ericsson phone.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:13 PM

'04 SL 500
My MB dealer finally got me the V60 BT puck for my '04 SL500, and he paid for it as part of the deal. And my Cingular (now AT&T) Razr V3 works perfectly, and downloaded the phonebook entries as well.

But I've since updated my cell phonebook and would like to reload the entries into car's phonebook, but I can't figure out how to delete the existing phonebook and have the entires my cell reloaded into the car - any ideas from anyone? It seems I can't even manually delete the entries from the car's phonebook. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ron
Old 05-19-2007, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Your cell phone downloads its phone book each time you establish a Bluetooth connection. What you may have are entries in your address book (in your car's system) that must be manually deleted; or entries made into your voice control, if you have that. Neither of those is deleted when the phone book is downloaded from your cell phone.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:11 AM

2004 S500, 1999 C230
According to the V60 manual, it only resyncs the address book if you press the button on the puck.

I never could get the phone to pair properly on mine, until I figured out that by erasing the entire address book, then pairing, then adding the addresses back to the phone, it would work okay because it only tries the address book sync the first time (which evidently is what made it fail). Of course if I accidentally hit the button, it stops working again.

Strangely enough... I borrowed a friend's V60 puck he has for an '04 SL500 to try and it failed it my car, but it failed in a totally different way than my puck. His would pair quickly with the phone and download the address book just fine, but any call you try showed on the the phone & command as having connected, but I had no sound or mic (tested leaving a myself a voicemail and got nothing). Odd.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 131 Likes on 100 Posts
2018 GLE350, 2014 G550, 2000 SL500, 1980 TR8, 1995 E320 Cabriolet
FYI, I just got the new Bluetooth module (B6 787 5878) from AWS. I am using it with an unlocked, unbranded Sony Ericcson Z710i (imported from Hong Kong). The phone wil pair and I can make and receive calls just fine. Most of the time I get the received calls / dialed calls history, but (and here's the strange part), I only get the phone book download if I make a call while the MB unit is in the initial phone connection mode immediately after staring the car. The call has to last long enough for the downlard to occur.

I got to thinking about why this might happen and supsect that it has to do with the way the phone handles the status of the handsfree/headset profiles. Motorola phones keept the headset connection both "connected" and "active" whereas the SE phones keep it "connected" but only make it "active" when a call is actually taking place. It seems that the Bluetooth module is looking for this status before it attempts to download the phonebook (via the OBEX profile). If this is the case this is a really stupid programming error, but then this system seems to have a lot of those.

I'd be curious to see if anyone who has a phone that pairs but does not download the phonebook could try this (e.g., place a call as soon as the phone becomes available on the MB system and then stay on the call for a few mintues while the phonebook downloads) and post what happens.

Thanks,

- FD
Old 06-08-2007, 01:10 AM

Sprint PPC 6700

windows mobile pda smartphone does not work very well.

I get a real bad feed back constant tone. I am able to make calls and they can hear me fine but I get a feedback tone, that goes away when I accelerate. 2004 S600.

no phone book, no call waiting, no caller ID.

I will prob try some other phones, and then maybe switch my main phone.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:41 PM

'03 ML500, '07 E350 Sport (wife's)
Angry Treo 680?

Anyone have luck with the treo 680? I've got the bluetooth puck purchased in february in an 07 E350. Attempts to pair and make call but then freezes phone and says it is not available. Need to reset the treo by removing the battery. Dealer even tried.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MissMyBenz, from the middle part of the first post at http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audi...+Quality+RAZR:

"As to equipment and firmware, AWS [MB's handsfree partner] said that the principal factor in success in communicating between the phone and the Bluetooth equipment in the car is the compatibility of the cell provider’s firmware. AWS stated that it tests both phones and firmware for 3 months before approving it; and the firmware is tested for consistency of result and noninterference with the firmware of COMAND and MHI. Approved firmware will connect to the car, provide good voice transmission and reception, download what it is designed to download, and not fail to download those items over time; and will not freeze or otherwise interfere with the MHI system or COMAND. AWS was emphatic that a) approved phones using approved firmware will perform as they are supposed to, absent an equipment malfunction; b) some persons who are using unapproved firmware and equipment may have success because their firmware is in fact compatible, but has not been tested yet; and c) some persons using unapproved equipment or firmware may have brief success with downloads but downloads that worked initially may cease over time as firmware corruption occurs; and in the worst case, the MHI or COMAND may freeze altogether. AWS was emphatic that most voice quality problems occur with use of unapproved and incompatible firmware or equipment, with the principal variable being the firmware compatibility. With respect to equipment, the better its quality, the better the results would be."

AWS has not been successful with, or certified, any Treo. With respect the the MB Bluetooth equipment, Treos have equipment compatibility problems, and with many carriers, firmware problems as well. I don't know if the newest version of the MB Bluetooth puck (https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-electronics/191734-new-bluetooth-module.html) will provide better compatibility with the Treo.

Last edited by Skylaw; 06-14-2007 at 11:43 PM.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:06 AM

2016 AMG GTS
My RAZR downloads my phonebook into the COMMAND unit. If i have 2 numbers for the same person, one "home" and one "mobile", they both show up with the "main" designator in the speedo display, and both have the same icon in the COMMAND display. To determine which is which i have to display the phone number ( by selecting the 123 button). Anyone have any idea how to have one entry show the "main" icon and one to show the "mobile" icon ?

Originally Posted by MagicO309D
I've havn't seen a V3 yet that doesn't download the phonebook. Do you have an early version of the phone with old software or is it the new V3m Verizon phone? These are basically the only ones that I have no feedback on.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:13 AM

2016 AMG GTS
Is there a way to get these symbols downloaded?

Originally Posted by mohdds
Phonebook downloaded (of course with no symbols for work, home, mobile etc.),
Old 06-17-2007, 12:53 PM

'03 ML500, '07 E350 Sport (wife's)
Thanks for the reply, although it tells me nothing new. Is there nothing that can or will be done by MB, palm or Cingular/AT&T? Seems everyone just says nope it won't work. Like bringing your car into the shop and saying it's broken. Fix it. Surely I'm not the only Treo user that drives a Mercedes. Our sales guy has a pending customer that won't buy a Maybach unless he's assured his Treo works with the system in the car. My wife's company supports Treos only as smartphones and I know there are many Mercedes in the lots. Really frustrating as everyone just points fingers.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW 550i
It is quite frustrating. It's not like Bluetooth is some black art that only a few people can master. Bluetooth is a standard, and if you follow the standard, you should have limited problems. I've now tried three different LG phones from Verizon, one with Bluetooth 2.0, and they all did not download the phonebook.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MissMyBenz
Thanks for the reply, although it tells me nothing new. Is there nothing that can or will be done by MB, palm or Cingular/AT&T? Seems everyone just says nope it won't work. Like bringing your car into the shop and saying it's broken. Fix it. Surely I'm not the only Treo user that drives a Mercedes. Our sales guy has a pending customer that won't buy a Maybach unless he's assured his Treo works with the system in the car. My wife's company supports Treos only as smartphones and I know there are many Mercedes in the lots. Really frustrating as everyone just points fingers.
You have your answer, MissMyBenz- you just don't like it. That won't change the answer. No matter that you or a potential Maybach customer wants the Treo to work, it just doesn't - at least not with the OE Mercedes equipment.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:24 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2020 - G63; RR.AB; ML350; ML320; ML400; M3; 200CE; 200E
Just arrived my new ML 320 CDI with the latest Bluetooth puck, my telephone is a Nokia N95 wiyh Sim Access Profile (SAP / Remote SIM), I can make and receive calls but nothing else .

With all my tests done, I came to conclusion that the problem is that Comand system is recognised by my phone as an headset and not as an handsfree, in fact, each time they're linked I get the headset profile instead of the carkit profile, even if the latter is the default one .

I think that "alewifebp" is 100% right, it's a shame that manufacturers like MB & Nokia (as well as many many others), keeps advertising a STANDARD which in fact is just their vision of the standard.

Keep in mind that we're talking about the "top class" products of their relevant markets..., unbelievable.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 297 Likes on 249 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by dfulgo
Just arrived my new ML 320 CDI with the latest Bluetooth puck, my telephone is a Nokia N95 wiyh Sim Access Profile (SAP / Remote SIM), I can make and receive calls but nothing else .

With all my tests done, I came to conclusion that the problem is that Comand system is recognised by my phone as an headset and not as an handsfree, in fact, each time they're linked I get the headset profile instead of the carkit profile, even if the latter is the default one .

I think that "alewifebp" is 100% right, it's a shame that manufacturers like MB & Nokia (as well as many many others), keeps advertising a STANDARD which in fact is just their vision of the standard.

Keep in mind that we're talking about the "top class" products of their relevant markets..., unbelievable.
Talking about standards, I'm afraid the biggest issue is "the Peiker interpretation of the BT standard". The big ones have most experience about IOT and know how to fill the ambiguous parts of the standard. Doesn't mean that the big ones were perfect.

Anyway, the N95 behaviour was odd. I've used N95 in my car with the BT SAP puck with a privacy cradle, the first version and it worked OK, including phone book download. Would you have an older SW for the puck or the phone, or do you have the SLR-like puck?
Old 06-19-2007, 06:09 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2020 - G63; RR.AB; ML350; ML320; ML400; M3; 200CE; 200E
Hi Diesel Benz,

The Bluetooth puck is the latest one available with part no. B67875877 (the black one), the N95 has been firmware updated to the latest version V 11.0.026 .
Old 06-19-2007, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 297 Likes on 249 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by dfulgo
Hi Diesel Benz,

The Bluetooth puck is the latest one available with part no. B67875877 (the black one), the N95 has been firmware updated to the latest version V 11.0.026 .
I thought you meant one of the SAP BT pucks when you mentioned your phone being SAP capable. So you are using it differently that I did. Anyway I would assume (not sure though) that the phone would transfer the address book independently of the mode it is on, even if it was not "audio connected" at all.

On the other hand since my BT puck is older than yours, I would have expected it to have better functionality with different phones, like the SAP puck V2 supporting more phones (address book download) than V1.

Is there a reason you chose the HF puck by the way?
Old 06-21-2007, 02:49 PM

2004 S500, 1999 C230
I have a 2004 S500 that came with the V60 cradle, but no actual phone. I bought the V60 bluetooth puck to pair with my Motorola V551 (Cingular), but am having problems.

It paired okay, but only connects sometimes, other times it stays on the "activating phone" screen for several minutes then switches to "phone off" even though the phone shows an active bluetooth connection and the puck has the solid blue light. Other times, it will work fine for a while, but after driving for a few minutes, just randomly switch to "phone not connected."

Anyone else had problems like this?

Any advice where I should start troubleshooting? I'm not sure if it's my phone, the puck, or the cradle.
Following up to my own post here, in case it's helpful to anyone else with the same problem. I had the whole cradle replaced under warranty, and now it works flawlessly. Turns out there was wiring damage that made the circuit open if the cradle was shaken even a little bit. Evidently the "real" V60 phone can deal with it, but the bluetooth puck is more sensitive and can't.

I'm pairing it with a Moto V3xx.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:00 PM

'04 SL 500
Following up to my own post here, in case it's helpful to anyone else with the same problem. I had the whole cradle replaced under warranty, and now it works flawlessly. Turns out there was wiring damage that made the circuit open if the cradle was shaken even a little bit. Evidently the "real" V60 phone can deal with it, but the bluetooth puck is more sensitive and can't.

I'm pairing it with a Moto V3xx.
Good info to know! Also good that it supports the Razr V3xx, as I'm considering that phone myself. Do you get full functionality with the V3xx?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Bluetooth (AWS) Phone Compatibility List