Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Mercedes Bluetooth (AWS) Phone Compatibility List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 ML 500
has anyone used the mhi bluetooth with sprint's htc touch running windows mobile 6? if so, please let me know if you are using the old part number or the newer updated one

thanks
Old 02-04-2008, 01:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E500
I have posted compatibilty for the Nokia 6111 here
Old 02-25-2008, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Smile Interesting....

It seems as though the "recommended" phones on the wireless4mb is bogus and their prices are outrageous. I see another case of gouging the customers. So, basically any phone with Bluetooth capability seems to work in varying degrees with the new puck.

Basically all I want is to:
Make calls
End calls
Caller ID

Phonebook download is great, but not necessary. Currently, I have a Samsung M300 with Sprint. I am switching over to AT&T and getting the Blackjack II. I will take the plunge and buy the puck and report back findings.

Great posts, good feedback and support guys!

Old 02-25-2008, 10:56 PM

2008 E350 4-matic; 2006 R350
Blackberry 8300/8310 works perfectly. using it in my 2008 E class. I dumped the Samsung Blackjack.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
bigben320E,

This forum saw fit to dump months of work on my part in a sticky that explained some of your concerns. Fortunately, BenzWorld valued it a bit more, and still has it. You might want to check the Compatibility post at http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audi...bluetooth.html for information.

You might also note that you do not have to buy a phone through AWS. Their pdf on compatibility specifies phones and service provider firmware that has been successfully tested. The firmware is usually readily available on phones you can get directly from the service provider - even if it's a "giveaway" phone.

Only AWS is actively doing this firmware testing (your service provider certainly isn't) - and AWS gets no subsidy on the phone costs through the monthly subscriber fees, as those from your service provider do. Try buying a phone without a contract from a service provider, and see what that does to the purchase price of the phone. Perhaps that will affect your outlook on "gouging."

AWS' posting of the compatibility pdf is a boon to you that lets you get a less expensive phone with firmware that is tested compatible.

The few plug-in phones that AWS still sells have firmware that Mercedes had to develop on its own to ensure compatibility with both its handsfree equipment and the service provider; those are expensive, and the firmware is available only on an MB-branded phone. Mercedes receives no "cut" in the monthly cell fees, so it cannot subsidize the cost of the phone the way service providers do. That said, the reason for the high cost of those particular phones becomes more understandable.

Some contributors have reported some success using the Blackjack after doing the latest Microsoft OS update. Prior to the update, the phone was a problem in many car systems.

Last edited by Skylaw; 02-26-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:24 PM

2006 E500
Originally Posted by bigben320e
Basically all I want is to:
Make calls
End calls
Caller ID
Caller ID doesn't work on a lot (?) of phones. If you only need to end calls and make calls...you can probably use any bluetooth phone.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:26 PM

2006 E500
Originally Posted by Skylaw
bigben320E,

This forum saw fit to dump months of work on my part in a sticky that explained some of your concerns.
That sucks. Was this done recently? I think I'm familiar with your sticky and used to refer to it (unless I'm confusing your sticky with another one - there are so many bluetooth related threads, it's hard to keep track).
Old 02-27-2008, 01:19 AM

03 C32, 2010 GLK350
Originally Posted by Skylaw

Some contributors have reported some success using the Blackjack after doing the latest Microsoft OS update. Prior to the update, the phone was a problem in many car systems.
The WM6 upgrade fixed my BJ's bluetooth issues with Argos. Now using a BJ2...still no phonebook download, but with WM6 you can install MS Voice Command and just use that.

The update is here: http://erms.samsungusa.com/customer/...#process_start
Old 02-27-2008, 09:07 AM

'14 E350 wagon; BMW G12 (2020) G01 (2019)
My experience has been that almost any phone with normal bluetooth will connect. But Motorola phones seem to do best (is the bluetooth module from Motorola too?). They make and receive calls, show caller id and download phonebook.

I have noticed that the v60 puck with tail on my 04 works a bit differently than the bluetooth module on my 08. When you make a change in the phonebook, the bluetooth module picks it up the next time the phone is connected. On the puck, it seems that the phone book in the bluetooth module is static -- it wont change until the next time you go through an initial pairing.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by gvaughn
That sucks. Was this done recently? I think I'm familiar with your sticky and used to refer to it (unless I'm confusing your sticky with another one - there are so many bluetooth related threads, it's hard to keep track).
You're probably not confusing it - it was essentially similar to the one on BenzWorld - the "How-to Guide For Cell Phone Upgrades, Plug-in And Bluetooth" - a guide for retrofitting and updating MB cell phone equipment (plug-in and Bluetooth), except that some contributors had asked different questions between the forums. I did try to keep any significant input from contributors the same on both forums.

It was dumped near the one-year anniversary of its posting - but I see much older threads, so I'm not sure if that was the reason.

Still no reply from any administrator.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:44 PM

2006 E500
Originally Posted by weinschela
My experience has been that almost any phone with normal bluetooth will connect. But Motorola phones seem to do best (is the bluetooth module from Motorola too?). They make and receive calls, show caller id and download phonebook.

I have noticed that the v60 puck with tail on my 04 works a bit differently than the bluetooth module on my 08. When you make a change in the phonebook, the bluetooth module picks it up the next time the phone is connected. On the puck, it seems that the phone book in the bluetooth module is static -- it wont change until the next time you go through an initial pairing.
From my experience, the newer puck doesn't seem to update the phonebook if it is unable to get new data. For example, if I pair a phone that it is capable of extracting the phonebook from, it will extract this info and in my '08 ML, I can assign voice commands to phone book entries. If I then use my regular phone (that doesn't pair very well and the BT adapter is unable to get phonebook info from) I can use the voice commands and the phonebook associated data from my previous connection because the BT adapter has remembered this info. For me this is, at least, better than nothing because I can use my better pairing phone (but not my preferred phone) to set up my phonebook in MB initially and then go ahead and use my preferred phone and make it more functional than it would have been otherwise because I was able to take advantage of the better operability of my other phone and the data sharing between it and the BT adapter.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Question So...

The BJ2 can make and end calls, but what about caller ID? Signal Strength? Do those functions work with the BJ2?
Old 03-01-2008, 08:02 AM

2004 E320
Works like a charm!

I have the puck installed in a 04 W211 and I get incoming calls, place outgoing calls, phone book list on my Comand screen and steering wheel controls. Everything works just like it is suppossed to. In order to get the new phone book entries to upload I have to (re)pair the phone with the system other than that Im good. Moto V3Razor from Verizon. I bought the puck from a Mercedes dealership on eBAY late last year for a pretty good price. No probs so far!
Old 03-08-2008, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
2004 E55 bluetooth puck with tail works.

Mercedes Benz Part number # B 67 87 58 55 (puck with tail) $365 to $488 plus what ever the dealer charges to program (Star) phone present (but leave teleaid off), and it works.
I have not found any functions that do not work.
Make calls.
Receive calls.
Caller ID.
Incoming number/name appearers in command display and MFD and call timer.
Phone book downloads.
Controls on steering wheel work.
Keeps last number and recent too.
Command key pad works.
Bluetooth puck paired when door is open and will sleep when phone out of range.
I am 100% satisfied
Old 03-08-2008, 04:57 PM

Benz 280
Can I do this with 95 c280
Old 03-09-2008, 08:57 PM

MB GL550
Smile Bluetooth on 2008 GL550 --> Katana II, A900

I have ready many articles which said that the Katana phones do not work with the MB bluetooth. The service is not specific to a cell provider, but rather the phone model. The Katana and Samsung A900 synced up perfectly. You get the phonebook download, call list (since the vehicle was started the last time), 3 way.....

Keep in mind that you must be in an area where your service is present, i.e. the signal will drop in some rural areas...when this occurs, my bluetooth has turned off at times when it constantly does not locate a signal for a period of time. In the city, it works perfectly.

KEY:
1. No PhoneBook Download
2. No Call List Download
3. No 3 way
4. No SMS Download
5. No DTMF Tones
6. No Signal Strength Indicator
7. No Speed Dial
Old 03-11-2008, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Smile It's official. The list is bogus.

I finally got my Bluetooth Puck, cost was $349 on Ebay brand new. I tested my Samsung M300 from Sprint. This is a cheapola phone guys.

I can do the following:

1. Make calls
2. End Calls
3. Phonebook download
4. Received Calls
5. Dialed Calls
6. Signal Strength
7. NO SMS however, but thats OK.

According to the KEY:

KEY:
1. No PhoneBook Download
2. No Call List Download
3. No 3 way
4. No SMS Download
5. No DTMF Tones
6. No Signal Strength Indicator
7. No Speed Dial

I cannot do 4. I did not try 3 yet.

The reception was awesome, and the clarity on the other end to the caller was great. I even had my door open while talking. The 4mbwireless phone list is bogus after all, from what I was able to do. Seems like another ploy to get $$ from the consumers.

After I switch over to AT&T later this year I will try the BJ2.

Last edited by bigben320e; 03-11-2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:14 PM

SL55 AMG
A strange issue with Blackberry 7250

My Blackberry works with features already described in other threads using the bluetooth BUT the screen (in the car) always says "Downloading".

I think this is causing a slowdown when making and receiving calls, etc...

I think this because I connected another phone and the "downloading" went away after just a few seconds and the response to pushing the answer and hang up buttons on the steering wheel work much faster.

I know the cars system will not download the blackberry’s phone book but is there a way to keep the system from constantly be trying to "download" and work so slow?

Thanks, Nick

Last edited by MKN SONG; 03-11-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:24 AM

'08 E350 w/Bluetooth puck and Verizon BB 8830 World Edition

Everything works exactly as advertised. Install/pairing was without a single problem. Everything including phonebook seems to reliably work. Have not tested incoming caller ID yet.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:35 PM

2005 E320
2005 e320

We have a 2005 (the puck with tail is supposed to work only up to 2004 models). Yet, when I followed the great direction on here, the tele aid system has the jack for the puck. The dealer plugged it in but the pairing light did not flash.

Is this because of the year, or does the software have to be updated to recognize that the puck was plugged in. Do the tele aid systems for models that don't work after 2005 look the same as prior ones? If not, I may have one that has the older system, but can't figure out why the puck did not flash when plugged in and pushed. We checked fuse 13 as someone mentioned, and it is live.

Thanks so much. The dealers never heard of this and keep looking for phone system, even with all this literature, so I have to have some answer for them next time I ask them to try.

Regards and thanks to all
Old 03-28-2008, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I take it you looked at the phone bulletin for the '05 E-Class, and the photos did not match your car.

The only thing that I can think of is that your car may have been an early-production '05 and still have been made with the '04's handsfree system. I cannot say for sure.

If that is the case, the Tele-Aid and Handsfree electronics were combined in a CP-211 unit; those were installed in all of the '03 and '04 E-Class for the U.S. market. In order to have the handsfree portion function, that car had to be version coded to recognize the handsfree phone system, (and originally, a V60 cradle and phone would be added; they are of course replaced by the puck with tail).

Other than an electronics malfunction - or perhaps the dealer disabling the entire CP-211 to get rid of a "Tele-Aid" malfunction warning light - I cannot explain why the puck won't work.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:13 PM

2000 C230 sport
I have the startac system in my w202...

...would it be possible to upgrade the PSE to an autosense PSE, upgrade to a v60 cradle, and get any old GSM razr (i can get it activated)??
Old 03-29-2008, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

In a word, yes. The sticky on what you need to do this was inadvertently taken down a few weeks ago, and I haven't had time to rewrite and re-post it; but you can get the information you need at http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audi...bluetooth.html - however, you will want to obtain the V60s cradle to use with a Bluetooth puck (the V60s cradle fits the puck better, fewer problems). Then you can use any phone that AWS lists as compatible with the MB equipment (but you do not have to buy the phone from AWS). See http://www.wireless4mb.com/MB.pdf - additional links are in the writeup.

Last edited by Skylaw; 03-29-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:49 AM

One change!

All of the sudden today my phone book refused to download. I picked up the car w/the BT puck installed on March 14th, and it h as downloaded every single time until this morning.

Car is an '08 E350 4Matic, P2, Sport
Phone is a Blackberr 8830 (Verizon)

I tried shutting off both the phone and the COMAND then restarting both. I tried turning off the BT on the phone and reconnecting it. No matter what I did it would not download the phone book.

Phone worked other than that. One additional note - the "last dialed" and "last received" has never worked correctly. It seems as though the car simply selects contacts at random to show as either "last dialed" or "last received". Some of them which have not been dialed in weeks.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:29 AM

Second update:

Yesterday evening when I left my office, the phonebook downloaded correctly again. I then remembered that yesterday morning, I started to get in the car and the phone connected. Then I had to walk away (maybe just outside of bluetooth range) for a minute - then came back. I'm wondering if that is what caused the glitch. It also downloaded this morning.

One aside - I deleted some contacts from my blackberry/exchange yesterday however yesterday evening they still appeared in the COMAND directory. I'm wondering how the phone book is actually updated.

Anyone have any ideas?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Bluetooth (AWS) Phone Compatibility List