Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Mercedes Bluetooth (AWS) Phone Compatibility List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigmel
The dealer may have to update the software in the comand.
yup, that was the solution. nav worked after they upgraded the software.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 CLS550, 2001 C240
European SAP - why not in US?

I recently bought the new generation puck supporting SAP, from Stuttgart while taking delivery of my CLS550. The thing work pretty well with my Nokia N95, downloads the phonebook, I can see the SMSs, the received calls, dilaed calls etc. The big big problem is that the module is not working in the US since it is made to work with GSM 900/1800 for europe. I opened the device and discovered the radio component provided by Wavecom can be repalced with a US compatible version. I don't know how much that will cost but I keep digging. I will post the replacement procedure later if this is of interest. The puck costed my at the factory store 360 euros.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 297 Likes on 249 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by buzescu
I recently bought the new generation puck supporting SAP, from Stuttgart while taking delivery of my CLS550. The thing work pretty well with my Nokia N95, downloads the phonebook, I can see the SMSs, the received calls, dilaed calls etc. The big big problem is that the module is not working in the US since it is made to work with GSM 900/1800 for europe. I opened the device and discovered the radio component provided by Wavecom can be repalced with a US compatible version. I don't know how much that will cost but I keep digging. I will post the replacement procedure later if this is of interest. The puck costed my at the factory store 360 euros.
I'm making a bet you cannot do the change. It would not help changing the RF parts from 900/1900 to 850/1900, you would need to change the cellular SW too. But it would not be that big a thing from Peiker, a pity they don't offer a US version.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 ML500
Nokia e65, Nokia 6230i and BlackBerry 8100 Results

I recently upgraded my phone from a Nokia 6230i (for which I had the built in car adapter). The upgrade meant I had to bite the bullet and go bluetooth. Here's the results of my testing.

My car is an Australian 06 ML500 and the Bluetooth adapter model number is B6 7 87 5877.

Nokia e65
=======

I could make outgoing calls using either the phone or command keypad. Incoming calls could be received, but call line identification did not lookup the phone directory entry to name the caller (neither the command directory or the phone directory).

The directory did not transfer to the command.

So it was pretty useless.

Nokia 6230i
=========

This older phone did a bit better for a while. The directory was downloaded to the command ok manually (not automatically). But the thing would lock up periodically.

So that too was a dead end.

BlackBerry Pearl (8100)
=================

At last a working solution.

It detects the bluetooth automagically each time I enter the car. The directory downloads to the command. Call line indentification uses the directory to correctly name the caller for incoming calls.

Even the signal meter works.

The bad news? SMS messages are not received on the command.

In the week I've been using the phone I got one lock up where the Bluetooth wouldn't hold sync. I would press the sync button on the cradle, they would sync, but within a few minutes drop out again.

It's only done this on one trip. Hopefully it isn't repeated too often.

I changed signal carrier at the same time I changed the phone and I'm getting a less consistent signal and more black spots. This is probably due to it no longer using the car antenna. But it may be due to the change of carrier.

I hope this helps somebody.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
This Just In....

The Workshop MB has posted marvelous information for U.S. specification cars in two pdf files - one dealing with how to successfully pair a number of approved phones with MB Bluetooth equipment, and another listing MB approved phone and firmware combinations (the information for which I always advise "Call AWS" before purchase) as well as compatible pucks and cradles, at http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audi...formation.html. Thanks to The Workshop MB - this is a wonderful reference.

Also: AWS now lists the iPhone as approved in a note on the first page of its site.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 297 Likes on 249 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by sydunipete
I recently upgraded my phone from a Nokia 6230i (for which I had the built in car adapter). The upgrade meant I had to bite the bullet and go bluetooth. Here's the results of my testing.
Your results were not too good. This was for the HF profile BT puck, the SAP one might work better with these phones (but I don't see why those shouldn't work with the HFP puck too).

Did you check that you had the latest SW on your phones. Are the phones operator branded? One would often get better results with a non-branded phone.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:05 PM

2006 ML500
Thanks. My handsets are not locked (or branded).,

The puck is the only one available here in Australia. I note it is a different part number to the US version. Perhaps the difference might account for a difference in results.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:17 AM

ML 280CDI
SonyEricsson P990i

Hallo everyone!!
I have a SonyEricsson P990i and wonder if someone out there knows if this phone works with either cradle A204 820 05 35 or B6 787 5877??

Please, I need an answer!

//Joacim
Old 09-14-2007, 03:45 PM

2008 E320 Bluetec
Verizon Motorola 325 paired up with the new BT interface with no problem, but the phone book downloaded double entries. When I edited in the car to eliminate the duplications, it erased the original entries on my phone! So, now I'm stuck with double entries, but at least it works ...
Old 09-20-2007, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Treo 700wx (Sprint)

Originally Posted by xaveon
The Treo 700P will probably work, but the phonebook probably won't download. Let us know once you've given it a try.
So has anyone tried the 700wx with the new C Class BT yet? Some say the 700w will work, but you have to insert the phonebook manually. No news on the 700wx yet though and it is a different network than the 700w.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:39 PM

2004 CL500
LG KE850 Prada Phone

Hey, has anyone tried the Prada phone?

thanks
Old 09-28-2007, 12:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 CLS550, 2001 C240
SAP module for US

Hey Diesel Benz, I will let you know if I am able to replace the European radio module in the bluetooth puck with the quad band version. For now I have a hard time getting the module.. Wavecom sales through some dealers and they only take orders in quantities... I am not too afraid about the SW... It should work. The module works on AT commands and those did not change. Interesting is that you can program buttons on your command to do more than Peiker enabled .. like answering SMS messages.. But this takes some work on understanding the keypad and soft buttons mapping. The Wavecom module has full documentation online.
Anyway, I'll get the module and give it a shot. It costs 70$. Though my car is not here yet.. still on its way from Europe.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:48 PM

Infiniti G35c
Does anybody have a phonebook with entries that contain non-English characters? I wonder if these entries become messed up on COMAND screen once the phonebook is downloaded.

Thanks!
Old 10-05-2007, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
Originally Posted by evolver
Does anybody have a phonebook with entries that contain non-English characters? I wonder if these entries become messed up on COMAND screen once the phonebook is downloaded.

Thanks!
I tried chinese and it didn't work, so I had to convert all entries in English. Actually most of European languages will work fine
Old 10-22-2007, 07:41 AM

2007 GL 320 CDI, 2005 M3, 2006 A3
One more to add to the list for Verizon Wireless (CDMA):

Samsung Gleam (SCH-U700): 3, 4, 6, 7

Installed via the puck (6 7 87 5878) in a 2007 GL320

The speed dial appears to use the order in which numbers were added to the handset instead of the speed dial assigned to it.

Also, the volume on the handset will adjust the volume on the car speakers.

Overall, it works well and we're keeping the Samsung. Glad to be moving on from an old Motorola V710 that made a nice connection, but did not transfer the phonebook or call lists.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:14 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Just got a new RAZR V3

Hi,

Sorry if this question has been answered before: I'm planning on using the RAZR V3 Bluetooth Cradle (the one with the charging-option).

Now here's my question: The phone I got from T-Mobile has the following software: 0E.43.04R

Is my software 'too new' to work on the cradle?

Once I physically docked the phone into the cradle, will the RAZR get a better reception by using the exterior antenna (as mentioned on the MB website)? I'm asking because somebody stated that the phone NEVER uses the exterior antenna in Bluetooth-mode?!?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Last edited by FloridaE55; 11-07-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by FloridaE55
Hi,

Sorry if this question has been answered before: I'm planning on using the RAZR V3 Bluetooth Cradle (the one with the charging-option).

Now here's my question: The phone I got from T-Mobile has the following software: 0E.43.04R

Is my software 'too new' to work on the cradle?

Once I physically docked the phone into the cradle, will the RAZR get a better reception by using the exterior antenna (as mentioned on the MB website)? I'm asking because somebody stated that the phone NEVER uses the exterior antenna in Bluetooth-mode?!?

Thanks in advance for any input!
The firmware that AWS lists as compatible with your T-Mobile V3 is 0E.C0.15R. Other than telling your that, I cannot say whether your firmware is compatible - but since you have the phone, give it a try.

It is incorrect that Bluetooth never uses the car's antenna. The V3 cradle supplied by AWS or through the dealer definitely uses the car's antenna when the phone is docked. It uses a radio frequency coupler built into the cradle to connect to the car's antenna. The concept is similar to that used in externally mounted window antennas, where the signal must pass through the glass. No direct connection between the antenna wire and the antenna itself is needed in such a design.

Some 3rd party cradles have direct physical connectors for the car's antenna.

The Bluetooth transmissions do not use the car's antenna, but the cellular transmissions do. See some (informal) test results at http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audi...ml#post2222126
Old 11-08-2007, 10:18 AM

Something on 4 wheels..
Originally Posted by Skylaw
The firmware that AWS lists as compatible with your T-Mobile V3 is 0E.C0.15R. Other than telling your that, I cannot say whether your firmware is compatible - but since you have the phone, give it a try.

It is incorrect that Bluetooth never uses the car's antenna. The V3 cradle supplied by AWS or through the dealer definitely uses the car's antenna when the phone is docked. It uses a radio frequency coupler built into the cradle to connect to the car's antenna. The concept is similar to that used in externally mounted window antennas, where the signal must pass through the glass. No direct connection between the antenna wire and the antenna itself is needed in such a design.

Some 3rd party cradles have direct physical connectors for the car's antenna.

The Bluetooth transmissions do not use the car's antenna, but the cellular transmissions do. See some (informal) test results at http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audi...ml#post2222126
Thank You very much for the information!
Meanwhile, I checked out the following link, showing all phones and software-versions currently approved by MB:

http://www.wireless4mb.com/MB.pdf

There are already several software-versions approved by MB. Since I won't get my car before April, I called the customer-service and they told me that it always takes them a while to run their tests on new software before they list it as approved. Since I got a brand new RAZR V3, it's quite possible that it is fully compatible but MB hasn't finalized their testing yet.

So I'm going to keep my fingers crossed...
Old 11-08-2007, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

FloridaE55,

Thank you for posting that link. It places all of the compatibility information in one place, rather than having to check each service provider and phone.

Good luck!

Last edited by Skylaw; 11-08-2007 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:10 PM

2006 E500
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
Anyway, I've used a number of Nokia Symbian phones but not the 6682. Strange but some have not supported phone book download with my V1 BT puck while most do. I've understood the V2 puck working fine. But I'm talking about the BT SAP BT puck experience, don't know about any HF profile devices and their compatibility.
I have successfully (if you want to call it that) paired my 6682 with the revised BT Puck (US model 6 7 87 5878) on my 2008 ML350. However, having said that...I am only able to make and receive calls. No phone book, no SMS, no caller ID, no antenna bars info (always shows 1 bar only).

I don't know how the MB telephone system works exactly, so the following comment might be strange but: I am unable to add phonebook entries directly to my cars telephone setup...but I am able to add voice-dialing phonebook entries. I don't see any options in COMAND to do this...but when I use the voice hands-free system, I can choose an option to add a voice entry, and then I have been successful at saving it. Unfortunately, there is no way to add a name to the entry (to see in COMAND) so in COMAND all I see is the telephone number. When going through the voice commands, I am, however, able to get a vocal readout of the various saved voice calling entries (in my own voice). I don't understand why they don't have an option to manually add entries to the system. If the phonebook doesn't download, fine, but at least let me save a list of common entries DIRECTLY into the system to use!!!

Also, I tested my friends Nokia N73 with the same "lack of" success (make & receive calls only).
Old 01-21-2008, 10:55 PM

GL450 w/ Off-road pkg.
It's been awhile since I've browsed this thread, got a prompt when gvaughn added a comment.

BT isn't just about hardware, as the drivers on each of the pairing devices need to "speak the same language" or negotiate a communication protocol. I love my E62 - an S60 device - as it's a multipoint device capable of several simultandous connections; I can use my TomTom for it's traffic and talk via the BT interface. Being a GSM device used generally in the Portland OR area, the voice quality sucks the lint off duct tape.

OTOH, I tend to use my Moto RAZR V3xx more often than the E62. It's not capable of connecting with more than one BT device at the same time, but I've hacked it (SEEM editing) so that I can hear people clearly and get full functionality for hands-free in the GL. I can still use GMaps when I pull over. I usually disconnect the COMAND manually as I near PDX or Seattle, then turn on the TomTom so I can get traffic updates and routed around the idiots, er, traffic tie-ups .

The point? The radios in the paired devices have to be able to "talk" to one another. I seriously doubt that MB is going to update the drivers in the BT units, and it's also not likely that too many phone manuafacturers are going to update software for added funtionality for devices they've already sold - WinMo devices and the iPhone seem to be the rare exceptions, and branded cell phones get updated far less frequently than unlocked devices. If the phone doesn't hook up out of the box, it likely never will. I've tried adjusting the settings on my E62 and looking for third-party software, still no love - and the voice quality still sucks anyway. So, I use my hacked, loose-hinged and Chinese-made, single-point BT connection V3xx because I can get crystal clear calls through in 2G and 3G areas and squint at the Google Maps telling me I'm going to be late getting to my GF's house. Again. Unless you know something I don't, our S60 phones aren't going to work any time soon; I also have tried the 810 Contact Downloader to no avail.

I've also got the new Goodyear Wrangler SlientArmor OR tires on and can get to places that don't have a cell phone signal couldn't possibly get to - and I hope the GF doesn't read this post...
Old 01-22-2008, 10:52 AM

2006 E500
Originally Posted by bonesb
Again. Unless you know something I don't, our S60 phones aren't going to work any time soon
I think that's why a lot (?) of us are waiting for the Argos to see if it will resolve most of our problems.

I don't have the wiring in my '06 E500 and wasn't about to spend $1500-2000 for wiring etc...to test and find out I get little/no functionality. My '08 ML350 came fully wired, so all I needed to spring for was the BT puck - finally allowing me to test my phone, and others, with the system. After the results I've seen, there's no way I'm going to spend that much to wire my car for poor phone functionality, but I will probably try the argos system. Worst case scenario, I can return it within the 30 day period for a full refund. Of course, that is, IF it ever comes out.......
Old 01-26-2008, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Anyone know if the iPhone is SAP (Sim Access Protocol) compliant?

Cannot get it paired up with the SLR looking bluetooth unit...

Any clues ?
Old 01-26-2008, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2004 SL55, 2015 A250d, 2016 GLC250d
Originally Posted by stevebez
Anyone know if the iPhone is SAP (Sim Access Protocol) compliant?

Cannot get it paired up with the SLR looking bluetooth unit...

Any clues ?
It is definetly NOT SAP compatible. Sell the SLR on eBay and buy a HFP from www.comandonline.co.uk (assuming you have a car with DVD based COMAND or Audio-20 CD, rather than the older systems)

Cheers

Richard
Old 01-31-2008, 11:11 AM

2008 E350 4-matic; 2006 R350
Samsung Blackjack (i607) & iphone

has anyone been able to get Samsung Blackjack to work well w/ bluetooth? can make and recieve calls, but no phonebook or SMS capability in my 2008 E350-4M.
iphone does work, at least in 2008 ML350.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Bluetooth (AWS) Phone Compatibility List