Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Mercedes Bluetooth (AWS) Phone Compatibility List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 297 Likes on 249 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by bobgus
Do you know whether the RF transmit/receive goes through the external car antenna, or does it use the phone-in-the-pocket RF?

Technically, I could see that either would be possible.

With the external antenna, the MB system could access the pocket phone for SIM information (subscription ID, etc.) and phone book sync, but then transmit/receive through the car wired antenna.

Using the pocket phone RF, the car would act like a (big) handsfree headset.
Just a comment on the technical feasibility of the features you talk about. All the US BT pucks (so far at least) behave like the latter option (as explained by later replies too). But the first option is not only possible but has also been implemented. Actually it was the only option in Europe for a while. The first one is based on BT SAP profile where the BT puck is a real GSM phone and only reads the SIM through a BT connection (using a specific BT standard profile). In addition of course the phone book etc.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Originally Posted by bobgus
The Smoothtalker Model BTHV3IA will connect a RAZR V3 power and antenna, but it does not integrate with the car stalk, COMMAND, and audio.

(It says it will integrate with bluetooth, but there is no bluetooth in the car).

The mikbox does integrate with the car electronics, phone power, external antenna, but has a very limited (and now out of date) list of compatible phones.

Need more alternatives..
Bobgus, post #3 in the link I provided makes it pretty clear that you use the SmoothTalker cradle with the Bluetooth puck; and to do that, you first must upgrade to a V60 PSE and cradle. With Bluetooth, your phone does integrate. The information is all there for you. Read the compatibility section at post #6 as well. Compatibility means integration with your car's system - i.e., control by steering wheel buttons, muting of other audio during calls, download and readout of the phone book, and so forth.

Take a minute and read the link carefully.

In addition, there are other cradle options for different phones on the SmoothTalker site.

Your other option is even more expensive - contact Steve@MBENZNL.com for installation of a European UHI system.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 S600
Well, it is a done deal for the car.

I will miss my beloved Saab 9000 Aero. The matt-black no glare dashboard and steering wheel, the easy way with city streets - no clop-clop over the tar strips, the tactile RF door opener, the instantaneous gas mileage display, the intelligent adaptive info display - whatever is critical replaces what was selected. Oh well - now to deal with the phone situation.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:23 PM

2003 s500 sport
T-mobile Wing in 2003 s-500 v60 BT puck

T-mobile Wing (WM6) in 2003 s-500 with v60 BT puck works just fine. Paired right away, phone book downloaded, last calls and call list, steering wheel controls work fine. Didin't check call waiting yet.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:45 PM

'04 SL 500
Originally Posted by 6.3
T-mobile Wing (WM6) in 2003 s-500 with v60 BT puck works just fine. Paired right away, phone book downloaded, last calls and call list, steering wheel controls work fine. Didin't check call waiting yet.
Thanks - good to know. I'll be getting my HTC Advantage (w/WM6 on AT&T) today. I'll post back the results of how this device works as well.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:46 AM

2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
I just installed the Bluetooth at the dealer with the newest puck and it works perfectly with my Sprint PCS Samsung A900. I get incoming call, outgoing call, phone book list on my Comand screen. Everything works as advertised.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:33 PM

'04 SL 500
Thumbs up HTC Advantage X7501 mostly works w/V60 puck

Originally Posted by Rambler358
Thanks - good to know. I'll be getting my HTC Advantage (w/WM6 on AT&T) today. I'll post back the results of how this device works as well.
My new HTC Advantage X7501 paired very nicely with the old V60 Bluetooth puck. Making and receiving calls works great. The only problem is that the X7501's phone book is not downloaded - but that's not really an issue for me, as I have Voice Comand in the SL and most of my contacts are already programmed into that. So I'm still happy.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Banned

bluetooth questions

as a real non techie i read much of this and now understand perhaps even less. have a 2003 500sl with v60 installed, and as it is now still working perfectly enjoy its use.. had a spare v60 incase of lost phone and find that that unit is now obsolete as not E911 compatible and can never be activated. want to have a spare phone in case i need it, and just purchased a v60 bluetooth puck on e bay for reasonalbe price. looked at the recommended motorola phones for my stystem for autowireless and found they have a motorola v3M razr which would be fine... problem is that they are recommending software version 01.05.0a and all verizon dealers in my area have version 01.09.02. does anyone know which features may not work with the newer version or should i search for the older version? any suggestions are really appreciated.. lubelira@aol.com
Old 07-26-2007, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1986 560SEL, 97 BMW 740iL
If you knew someone who is a phone freak, you could ask him or her to flash it to the older firmware you'd need. It's easy as cooking instant noodles. As long as you take your time to understand what you're doing. I have done this many times without ill effect.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:18 PM

Sorry guys if this was already answered but I couldn't find the answer in the search. Real simple question:

07 SL 550
Original MB Bluetooth module (not puck or cradle)
Black Verizon Motorola Q with MOL2 (latest is MOL3) software

I have it paired ok but the phone book, dialed/received calls don't download and the Send/End buttons don't always work on steering wheel/COMMAND.

What have other people's experiences been? Wireless4MB says only the older silver Q is "approved". Any help would be great, thanks!

-ElonBenz
Old 07-31-2007, 06:25 PM

'04 SL 500
Originally Posted by ElonBenz
Sorry guys if this was already answered but I couldn't find the answer in the search. Real simple question:

07 SL 550
Original MB Bluetooth module (not puck or cradle)
Black Verizon Motorola Q with MOL2 (latest is MOL3) software

I have it paired ok but the phone book, dialed/received calls don't download and the Send/End buttons don't always work on steering wheel/COMMAND.

What have other people's experiences been? Wireless4MB says only the older silver Q is "approved". Any help would be great, thanks!
Loan me your 07 SL 550 and I'll be glad to tell you my experiences!

Sorry... no experience with that car.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:00 PM

05 E55, 08 S63, 09 GL450
Sony Ericsson P990i works

Originally Posted by gvaughn
Anyone successfully using a Nokia phone with the Symbian OS (for example the 6682)?
I have the Sony Ericsson Smart Phone - P990i - and it pairs fine with the MB Bluetooth system. Phonebook downloads, Voice dial works, Voice Stalk also works fine. The car automatically takes over the call when you are within a certain distance from the car. Lovely
Old 08-10-2007, 07:45 AM

It works with the Treo 700w also.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 297 Likes on 249 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by gambari
I have the Sony Ericsson Smart Phone - P990i - and it pairs fine with the MB Bluetooth system. Phonebook downloads, Voice dial works, Voice Stalk also works fine. The car automatically takes over the call when you are within a certain distance from the car. Lovely
Actually this Sony-Ericsson is a Symbian phone equally as a Symbian phone from Nokia what qvaughn was asking. The S60 may make a difference to the Sony-Ericsion UIQ though.

Anyway, I've used a number of Nokia Symbian phones but not the 6682. Strange but some have not supported phone book download with my V1 BT puck while most do. I've understood the V2 puck working fine. But I'm talking about the BT SAP BT puck experience, don't know about any HF profile devices and their compatibility.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:37 PM

Treo 700w with MB Bluetooth Adapter works

Originally Posted by xaveon
The Treo 700P will probably work, but the phonebook probably won't download. Let us know once you've given it a try.
I had the MB Bluetooth "dongle" installed in a 2005 E320. The unit paired effortlessly and it even brought over my speed dial numbers into the phone book. Integrates seamlessly with the COMAND module.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:51 AM

puck install affected my nav system

finally installed my "puck with tail" in my s430 and the good news is that it paired with my phone. sweet! the bad news is that my "navigation" and "map" immediately stopped working. the message i get is "nav system not available". any thoughts? all i did was plug in the device into the existing jack.

thanks.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:58 AM

2004 E500 4matic
Originally Posted by vims430
finally installed my "puck with tail" in my s430 and the good news is that it paired with my phone. sweet! the bad news is that my "navigation" and "map" immediately stopped working. the message i get is "nav system not available". any thoughts? all i did was plug in the device into the existing jack.

thanks.
The dealer may have to update the software in the comand.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:29 PM

'04 SL 500
Thumbs up

My new HTC Advantage X7501 paired very nicely with the old V60 Bluetooth puck. Making and receiving calls works great. The only problem is that the X7501's phone book is not downloaded - but that's not really an issue for me, as I have Voice Comand in the SL and most of my contacts are already programmed into that. So I'm still happy.
On a whim, I tried out the JETware Hands-free Extension for Windows Mobile phones, from here:
http://www.jetwaremobile.com

It allowed the phonebook download of all my Windows Mobile 6 contacts. It doesn't seem to be passing the Caller ID name, but the software has quite a few configuration options that I haven't gone through yet.

So anyone with Windows Mobile phones might want to give this software a shot and see how it works for you.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:51 AM

ML 280CDI
Hallo!

What system do you use in your car to get P990i to work? Anyone of these? http://www.emercedesbenz.com/Jun06/2...Bluetooth.html

regards

//Joacim
Old 08-18-2007, 04:42 AM

'04 SL 500
Exclamation

The car automatically takes over the call when you are within a certain distance from the car. Lovely
Unless you're talking on the phone as you're approaching the car, then all of a sudden you've lost the call and can't get it back until you get in the car and start it up - assuming the caller is still on the line.

And then you leave the car and you're still in Bluetooth range and a call comes in - you can't answer it because the car still has control.

I've had both of the above happen to me, and it can get annoying at times.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:44 AM

2004 E500 4matic
Unless you're talking on the phone as you're approaching the car, then all of a sudden you've lost the call and can't get it back until you get in the car and start it up - assuming the caller is still on the line.

And then you leave the car and you're still in Bluetooth range and a call comes in - you can't answer it because the car still has control.

yes this annoys me too... I'm planning on going back to a dedicate car phone setup. and just use call forwarding instead..
Old 08-18-2007, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW 550i

Ugh, that drives me crazy! Now when I'm on the phone and know I need to leave the car, I just have to end the phone call and wait for a little bit before I attempt the call again, or physically drop the Bluetooth connection in my phone.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:19 AM

ML 280CDI

gambari:

What system do you use in your car to get P990i to work? Anyone of these? http://www.emercedesbenz.com/Jun06/2...uet ooth.html

regards

//Joacim
Old 08-19-2007, 07:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
355 F1 Spider & ......V12 w220.176
Originally Posted by joafog
gambari:

What system do you use in your car to get P990i to work? Anyone of these? http://www.emercedesbenz.com/Jun06/2...uet ooth.html

regards

//Joacim
I'd like to know too.

I need to pickup a puck for use w/ an '04 S600

This link works:

http://www.emercedesbenz.com/Jun06/2...Bluetooth.html
Old 08-20-2007, 06:20 PM

2008 E350
ok. in my 08 E350, i got this long thingamagig and the dealer plugged it into something in the center console.

My Blackberry 8830 syncs great. Takes a little while for the address book to sync once in a while, but its not much of a problem. I like the feature of picking up the call once you get near to the car and unlock it (with Keyless go), have lost a couple of calls that way, no biggie.

My gripe is with Call Waiting, nothing shows up on the display when there is a call on the other line, I have to get to the phone and see who it is and press send on the phone. Any way to not have to do that?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Bluetooth (AWS) Phone Compatibility List