Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Mercedes Bluetooth (AWS) Phone Compatibility List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average.

Old 07-19-2006, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C55 AMG
What's the difference between the V60 Bluetooth Cradle Adaptor and MHI Bluetooth Module, thought they were the same thing.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by jpsoutlook
What's the difference between the V60 Bluetooth Cradle Adaptor and MHI Bluetooth Module, thought they were the same thing.
The V60 Bluetooth Cradle Adaptor retrofits Bluetooth into MY 2002 to 2004 cars (yes you can do some tricks to make it work back to MY 2000). The MHI Bluetooth Interface Module gives MY 2005 and newer cars Bluetooth Functionallity.

Regarding your issue, Motorola and MB are working on a solution to allow Q phonebook download with the newer MHI systems and to get the Q approved. At this time, the solution will likely include updates to the MHI Bluetooth Module and the Q itself. Don't worry, an effort is in the works to enable owners of the MHI BT Module to send in their units for software upgrades as they become available for newer handsets (at this point, it will likely require a small service charge however).

How do you like your Q? I'm debating transitioning out of my HP 6515 and moving to the Q but want to make sure there is at least a good/great Excel viewer available for the Q first.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:14 AM

GL350
SMS function

Has anyone ever got the SMS function working ? I was reading in a posting somewhere that it is a SDS setting.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:27 AM

2006 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by MagicO309D
How do you like your Q? I'm debating transitioning out of my HP 6515 and moving to the Q but want to make sure there is at least a good/great Excel viewer available for the Q first.
I love the Q, I use to have a blackberry 7100t and the Q is much better because of the EVDO and exchange server and hotmail support. I have not viewed and Excel file but I will do that today.

Is there a link where I can stay updated on the Motorola and MB updates for my module?
Old 07-21-2006, 11:51 AM

Harley-Davidson
. . . Note that the Q is not on the MB approved list yet.
Where is this MB approved list? Is it accessable to the general public? I find that calling Auto Wireless Solutions is not very illuminating. They seem to have a narrow view of what works and what does not.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:07 PM

What about cars with MOST setup but without MHI? ie MY2004 W220 and w211?
will the puck work with these cars...if so which one?
Old 07-21-2006, 12:11 PM

06 Infiniti FX35, 07 SL55
Are those number for the motorola bluetooth software version or the razr software version?
sorry for the late reply.

those are from the razr software versions.

I havent got the BT module yet to test other s/w versions but I did find out how to change the s/w on the phone to a compatible version on howard forum. it doesnt look too hard but I havent done it yet.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:14 PM

06 Infiniti FX35, 07 SL55

Don't worry, an effort is in the works to enable owners of the MHI BT Module to send in their units for software upgrades as they become available for newer handsets (at this point, it will likely require a small service charge however).
That's odd. I have asked this very question multiple times of AWS and their reply has alway been a firm resounding Not Going to Happen. I hope you're right.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:33 PM

2006 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by prsmith777
I did find out how to change the s/w on the phone to a compatible version on howard forum. it doesnt look too hard but I havent done it yet.
Can you post a non-live link for that post at Howards please. I want to see if I can do something to my Q to make it work.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:53 PM

There is no update yet from Motorola to address the Phonebook download issue. Odds are that it will happen sometime in the future however.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:41 PM

2006 C55 AMG
There is no update yet from Motorola to address the Phonebook download issue. Odds are that it will happen sometime in the future however.
What I was asking is where you are getting the updates from. ie where is this being discussed. Please advise.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:23 PM

What I was asking is where you are getting the updates from. ie where is this being discussed. Please advise.
The real way to get phones updated is to go to your local carrier's store and ask them to do it. They may do it or they may not because it may take 20 minutes or more. I've asked here in NJ and twice they gave me a lame excuse "machine's busted". Call around first to avoid fustration

Some handset manufactures also support download support services but not many. When it comes to Motorola, so far they have only offered DIY downloads for the MPX 220.

If you search the internet, you will likely find several phone geek sites that let you download phone software. Howard's seems to be one of them. I'd be careful though because there is no way to tell where the software came from. It's also important to consider that you can actually "brick" a phone if there is a problem with the software or updating process.

Regarding the Q and the MHI system, I know from the "inside" that a change is needed with the Q and with the MHI Bluetooth interface. It has to do with the way that the Q reports "what it is" over the Bluetooth connection and what the MHI interface does with that information. Result: No phonebook download.

The Puck (for older MB phone systems) ignores this information from the Q and does a "brute force" download anyway.

Otherwise, Q works great with MHI and you have a good chance that a phonebook download solution will be available before the end of the year!
Old 07-21-2006, 05:31 PM

2006 C55 AMG
Thanks for the response although my request was mis-inturpretted. I was not asking about where to download software updates for phone. I a vetern of flashing and seem edits. I wanted to know if there was a place online where I could moniter this blue tooth phone book issue. I have know people on the inside also specifically the owner of AWS. But I'm guessing there is no such place.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:26 PM

Keep an eye on www.wireless4mb.com. You should first see the Q go on the approved list but will notice that phonebook download is not included on the MHI feature list. Some months later, you should see Phonebook download included in the feature list. At that point, you can contact AWS or your local MB dealer for the required software level for the Q.

During this same time, you should also see a new service offered at this site where MB customers and dealers can send in MHI Bluetooth adaptors for software upgrades.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:25 PM

Harley-Davidson
Keep an eye on www.wireless4mb.com. You should first see the Q go on the approved list but will notice that phonebook download is not included on the MHI feature list . . .
I have been all over the wireless4mb website many times and I have never found an approved list or MHI feature list.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:58 PM

Go into the Bluetooth section and enter your car information. A list of compatible phones and Bluetooth interface will show. Next to each phone, click the link to supported features.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FWIW, I returned my Q and went back to my Treo 650 for 2 reasons -- (i) the Q keyboard would "skip" letters when I typed fast and (ii) the treo + MHI worked just as well as Q + MHI. If they phonebook would download with Q (it doesnt with treo) I would move to Q even with the keyboard issue.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'06 E500, '99 ML430 and '07 SL65
Has anyone been able to get the MHI Bluetooth Interface Module to work with a Windows Mobile phone? I have a Cingular 8125 with the latest ROM update available on the Cingular site and I am thinking about getting BT installed but I have been unable to find any solid info on what might and might not work. I am expecting to have some limited functionality but before handing over the cash to get BT installed it would be nice to have some more info.

Any assistance you guys have would be great.

-S
Old 07-24-2006, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
treo700

treo700p (1,4,7)
Old 07-24-2006, 11:14 PM

2017 E400 CAB 2007 BMW 650i CONV
question for Q users ... Im going to get the puck for my 03 cl55 does the Q integrate with the car ? voice commands steering wheel controls the phone book is not that big a deal I only have maybe 5 users that i call all the time anyway ...
Old 07-25-2006, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by raycanales
question for Q users ... Im going to get the puck for my 03 cl55 does the Q integrate with the car ? voice commands steering wheel controls the phone book is not that big a deal I only have maybe 5 users that i call all the time anyway ...
Q works with the puck. You'll also get phonebook download and steering wheel/VCS control too.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by sgaar
Has anyone been able to get the MHI Bluetooth Interface Module to work with a Windows Mobile phone? I have a Cingular 8125 with the latest ROM update available on the Cingular site and I am thinking about getting BT installed but I have been unable to find any solid info on what might and might not work. I am expecting to have some limited functionality but before handing over the cash to get BT installed it would be nice to have some more info.

Any assistance you guys have would be great.

-S
I've used an HP 6515 with MHI but it can be a bit flakey at times. For example, when you receive a call while you're in a call, the Bluetooth link will drop and then restablish itself a few minutes later during the call. Opening almost any program, even just checking your calendar, may cause the link to break too. It's a shame because the hands-free audio is actually very good on the uplink and downlink sides.

The best workaround for those that need to use non-approved phones for work or whatever is the following:

Purchase an MHI cradle and matching phone for your carrier's network. Activate this second phone on your account as a family plan (costs only about extra $10 a month). Always leave the new phone in your car's cradle and use it as your car phone (it's always charged and connected to the exteral antenna so you'll get great performance). Then, set your Smartphone to forward calls to your car phone's number "when not available". Whenever you're driving, select "flight mode" or "turn off Cingular phone" and your calls will automatically be forwarded to your car phone. This will still allow you to use the PDA functionallity of your Smartphone during a call on your other phone too.

(This trick also works great if you have an OnStar equipped vehicle with personal calling feature.)
Old 07-26-2006, 12:38 AM

2006 E500
The best workaround for those that need to use non-approved phones for work or whatever is the following:

Purchase an MHI cradle and matching phone for your carrier's network. Activate this second phone on your account as a family plan (costs only about extra $10 a month). Always leave the new phone in your car's cradle and use it as your car phone (it's always charged and connected to the exteral antenna so you'll get great performance). Then, set your Smartphone to forward calls to your car phone's number "when not available". Whenever you're driving, select "flight mode" or "turn off Cingular phone" and your calls will automatically be forwarded to your car phone. This will still allow you to use the PDA functionallity of your Smartphone during a call on your other phone too.

(This trick also works great if you have an OnStar equipped vehicle with personal calling feature.)
Pretty much knowing the answer...I'll ask the question anyways:

I suppose that there's no way to do a 3-way linkup. I.e. "un-approved" BT phone -> "approved" BT phone -> Car?
Old 07-26-2006, 03:53 AM

03 S55
Originally Posted by SFoRZA
Audiovox PPC 6700 - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7.... at least it syncs and you can recieve and dial calls.. plus the caller id works when recieving calls

i just tried it on mine today. actually dtmf tones do work for me. caller id does not show up. vcs stored stuff works fine. i am having pretty bad issues with this setup though. for some reason it keeps losing the pairing and the "tel" screen shows "error no phone connected." i have to delete the puck from paired devices in the 6700 and re-pair it. mine has also ramdomly stopped all bluetooth functions and sometimes i cant make/recieve calls. hope its not a phone issue. i have the updated rom and its a sprint 6700.

my samsung a-900 works fine; it downloads the phone book (100 entries) and never loses sync. guess it has something to do with the 6700. Does anyone else with a sprint or verizon ppc-6700 have similar problems?

Last edited by ckad; 07-26-2006 at 11:31 PM. Reason: added info
Old 07-26-2006, 12:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'06 E500, '99 ML430 and '07 SL65
I've used an HP 6515 with MHI but it can be a bit flakey at times. For example, when you receive a call while you're in a call, the Bluetooth link will drop and then restablish itself a few minutes later during the call. Opening almost any program, even just checking your calendar, may cause the link to break too. It's a shame because the hands-free audio is actually very good on the uplink and downlink sides.
The thing about the 6515 is that it runs Windows Mobile 2003 and not WM 5.0 and with WM5 and AKU2 some significant updates were done to the BT stack and the handsfree operation of the phone.

Thank you for you input but I was looking for at someone with a WM5 phone and possible one with the AKU2 or AKU2.2 update to get a better idea on how WM works with MB BT.

-S

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Bluetooth (AWS) Phone Compatibility List