Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

blutooth module firmware upgradable?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 08:44 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
06 e350 17 glc300
blutooth module firmware upgradable?

just curious...ran a search on this b ut didnt come up with anything.

is it possible to upgrade the firmware on the modules either by ones self or sent back somewhere to have it done?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
While it would probably be theoretically possible, I do not believe Mercedes is offering such a service; nor do I know of anyone else who is.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:12 PM

06 e350 17 glc300
after some more searching...i have found my answer...from what i read the bluetooth module is flash upgradable

whether it will be offered is another story
Old 09-22-2008, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 297 Likes on 249 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by yikes
after some more searching...i have found my answer...from what i read the bluetooth module is flash upgradable

whether it will be offered is another story
You mean the SW is on a flash memory? Is that for the BT adapter Motorola has produced or more generic? Can you post more details? When I first purchased the Euro puck, I went through both MB after market service and Peiker too (the manufacturer of my Euro adapter), MB did not have any after market support other than changing to a new device (in Europe you would have to pay yourself) and Peiker just refused as their deal is that MB takes care of the (non-existent) service.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:44 AM

06 e350 17 glc300
the oem bluetooth module is flashable according to another post in another forum

someone named rob with a bunch of numbers after rob said it

he did say in the post that just cause it can be flashable doesnt mean they will offer any support

im trying to find the link ... if i find it ill post it

Last edited by yikes; 09-22-2008 at 11:48 AM. Reason: more info
Old 09-22-2008, 11:59 AM

06 e350 17 glc300
hxxp://www.benzworld.org/forums/audio-telematics-forum/1302867-voice-quality-mb-bluetooth-review-razr-3.html

post #23

actually you were in that thread too
Old 09-22-2008, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audi...ml#post2287982

actually you were in that thread too
Rob knows what he talks about but what he said was what I said above, you hardly can find a device like this today that did not use flash memory. In that sense the HW certainly supports SW updates, equally as it got its SW at the factory in the first place. But Rob equally is very suspicious about such after market service appearing any time in the future:

"the chipset on the puck is flash updatable but as nice as having it update via sds would be i dont believe they thought to implement that. if they decide to offer updates (and thats a big if) i would imagine your local dealer would have a programmer that it would be plugged into to update it.

keep in mind that there has no word that any such update is or will be available."
Old 09-22-2008, 01:02 PM

06 e350 17 glc300
yes i agree with you also

the only reason why im even interested is i have the typical problem with the phone system in my e 350. incoming audio is very good but outgoing is another story. ive been trying to find a reason as to why i sound like im talking from inside a tunnel. running searches seems to indicate that this problem is inherent with the oem bt system but...it doesnt happen to everyone. was hoping one day this can be fix with some kind of a flash update.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

the only reason why im even interested is i have the typical problem with the phone system in my e 350. incoming audio is very good but outgoing is another story. ive been trying to find a reason as to why i sound like im talking from inside a tunnel. running searches seems to indicate that this problem is inherent with the oem bt system but...it doesnt happen to everyone. was hoping one day this can be fix with some kind of a flash update.
I believe earlier posts cover different options for that issue. I'm not up-to-date with the US BT adapters, it may have been in some cases the phone control unit (that can be updated with SDS) or the BT adapter. I remember some owners swapping a few of the first adapters to new ones because of audio quality issues.

For sure a SW update is something one would definitely expect for devices like these. It is even worse in Europe for the BT SAP adapter because this is a real cell phone in addition to some other features. It is probably 20 years ago that some cell phones where manufactured with one time programmable memory chips. I have the V1 Euro adapter which was enhanced to V2 where not only one but 4 paired phones are supported. In addition V2 stores the PIN code of the GSM SIM so that you only need to enter it once instead of every time entering the car (obviously I've disabled PIN code from my SIM). In addition the phone book download feature has been improved. Since all these are pure SW changes, I've been asking Peiker and MB for their after market support but so far nothing.

I'm more after an enthusiast and expert hacking the design to build a home made adapter, making it possible to download the SW from a new device and update it to an older one. Rob might do it but unfortunately he would not be interested about the Euro/Peiker devices...
Old 09-22-2008, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo

Yikes..

There are a number of member who have reported this "tunnel" sound in previous posts.. I believe this was solved with the latest Puck offering which was part number B67875856 MB V60 BT Adaptor for the v60 adapter.

I don't know which adapter you are using but you can contact AWS and make sure you have the latest version. If you ordered your BT with you car at the time of purchase, the dealer may have installed an older version from their stock.

Another suggestion is that it may be your handset.. Try to pair a different phone and see if the signal improves.

I third suggestion is to make sure your Car's mike is not turned all the way up when you are making a call.. If the caller says you sound like you are in a tunnel, most of the time its because your volume is too high and your voice from the speakers is being fed back into your car's mic. This can't be heard by you but to the person on the other end it sounds horrible. Kinda the reason that if you ever called a radio station live, they ask that you turn down your radio while speaking to them..

Your call volume is adjustable while you are actively on the phone and is separate from your radio, or Nav volumes. Those are all controlled from the same knob but their settings are all respective to which device you are using at the time and does no effect the other.

I am also Pm'ing you this message but I left it here for other readers..
Hope this helps..

Last edited by my06clk; 09-22-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S430
Originally Posted by my06clk
Yikes..

There are a number of member who have reported this "tunnel" sound in previous posts.. I believe this was solved with the latest Puck offering which was part number B67875856 MB V60 BT Adaptor for the v60 adapter.

I don't know which adapter you are using but you can contact AWS and make sure you have the latest version. If you ordered your BT with you car at the time of purchase, the dealer may have installed an older version from their stock.

Another suggestion is that it may be your handset.. Try to pair a different phone and see if the signal improves.

I third suggestion is to make sure your Car's mike is not turned all the way up when you are making a call.. If the caller says you sound like you are in a tunnel, most of the time its because your volume is too high and your voice from the speakers is being fed back into your car's mic. This can't be heard by you but to the person on the other end it sounds horrible. Kinda the reason that if you ever called a radio station live, they ask that you turn down your radio while speaking to them..

Your call volume is adjustable while you are actively on the phone and is separate from your radio, or Nav volumes. Those are all controlled from the same knob but their settings are all respective to which device you are using at the time and does no effect the other.

I am also Pm'ing you this message but I left it here for other readers..
Hope this helps..
I agree with my06clk. Two weeks ago I got V60 puck and all necessary components installed and coded to my 2001 S430. It works great, sound is very good. Both puck and PSE box purchased in August from the dealer so they must have the latest firmware updates.
Phones paired are AT&T 8525 smartphone (Wife's) and AT&T Treo 650 (Mine)
They both work fine except Treo phone book cannot be downloaded because of the Treo firmware.
I believe volume adjustment is also plays an important role on the sound quality.