Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Remote starter for Mercedes with Smartkey

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C63 AMG 507, ml350 2010
remote start

Originally Posted by 06E55
That's for sure! I have one from Cartronics installed on my vehicle... Very different package than Mid-City's...
Hi
I just got Cartronics remote start and it is the module with a wire harness and the valet switch wiring.
There is an operation manual and an install manual.
I'm not sure what else could be part of the package as it didn't come in a box.
What was different from the mid-city package?

Thanks
Old 11-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
We now work in conjunction with Mid-City (the original posts were a long time ago) - so we include the Mid-City unit within our package.
If it is ordered with the SmartStart upgrades that is also included. On certain cars the EIS removal tool is included. On certain cars we include extra power harnesses or keyless-go harnesses.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:58 PM

2015 C63 AMG 507, ml350 2010
Originally Posted by Cartronics
We now work in conjunction with Mid-City (the original posts were a long time ago) - so we include the Mid-City unit within our package.
If it is ordered with the SmartStart upgrades that is also included. On certain cars the EIS removal tool is included. On certain cars we include extra power harnesses or keyless-go harnesses.
True, the module was labelled Mid-City Engineering. Just left it with the mechanic today, to look over and I'm hoping to leave the car with them for the install Dec 6th. First chance I'll have to not need the car for a few days.
I think they are interested in doing this so that they can offer the service to others. I wish I could have it done sooner but I need them to look it over first.
How long does the install usually take?
Old 11-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLK is fairly easy to do. An installer not familiar will take about 45 minutes to do it without Keyless Go.

They are welcome to call us for any help they may need.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Banned

CLK430
Where is the W208 kit????
Old 11-08-2011, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater

Old 11-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by jbondox

We will let this guy's many posts, stand on their own. I think most can see what they are about.
He clearly has no idea what our business does, nor deals we make with vendors and suppliers, nor who we are, nor what our employee's engineering expertise is, nor what engineering and manufacture ring services we employ.

One of my employees even has offered to loan him personal items and such, but he just spats nonsense and hatred.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:56 PM

2010 W212 E-350 4Matic
Install in KC

Just wondering if either Rob or Cartronics knows of an installer in the KC metro?
Old 11-17-2011, 02:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I, Bryan, one of the principles of Cartronics, are in KC often (I am from Lee's Summit). I also know a few local people too.

Give me a shout.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:35 PM

2005 c230sport
Cool

Not really sure about all the beef between the jboondox (or whoever he is) and cartronics, but my shop has recently been selling and installing some cartronics pieces with no problems whatsoever (except the occasional run to the computer to download manuals which aren't included in most pieces). I have even consulted Bryan on several occasions for some troubleshooting tips and they are definitely on top of their game! In my experience (17 yrs in the industry, several shop affiliations and a couple of ME magazine's top 100 installer nominations) I have dealt with several companies and their so-called "tech support", and these guys are on point. Not only have they marketed their product well but they have appealed to both DIY'ers and shops like mine. We are about ready to install their smartkey piece for the first time next week, and i expect nothing but flawless performance based on my past experiences so far. Bryan, you guys rock man.

J.P. Jones
Final Touch Crew
Frankfort KY
Old 12-16-2011, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
well truth be told about me... i was nominated for the top 100 before, even made the top 10 list because they couldn't get a hold of one of the finalist... which I got a hold of for them effectively taking me out...

J.P., why if you have a shop wouldn't you be going to the manufacturer direct? the only manufacturer of any modern MBenz remote start is Mid City, actually Rob is their HMF engineer. you have NavTv, Mobridge, and a few other manufacturers also which they use... just lets slap a sticker on it and call it ours

Bryan... 2 words lanci... maybach.... we can go round and round all day, your a great retailer for the DIY people of other companies re-branded equipment,, and that is fine, no complaints...i applaud you for doing business and always wish a company great success. now where I draw the line is the engineering of a product BS... owners manual don't count
Old 12-17-2011, 12:03 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mr Lanci will be the first to tell you, we inherited a really screwed up car (by West Coast Customs), who Bryan tried to contact about the MANY broken parts and screwed up systems on Mr Lanci's behalf (unfortunately West Coast would not return his calls).
And yes, I have engineered 4 Mercedes items, and our founder Bryan has engineered one that has been extremely successful- so come on down for a visit and check us out... we will welcome you any time.
We abandoned our remote start system, and work with Mid-City now instead. We have said that above. We sell it at a competitive price, and work with the DIY guys with Dan's blessing... so the problem is???? Also, we have been chosen as the North American distributor for mObridge, but also have our own as well contracted by us (not made by mObridge). We do not use NAV-TV EVER...for ANYTHING....So you again have limited info that you are quoting about....
Old 12-17-2011, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
LMAO!
Old 12-17-2011, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
What items did you engineer by the way, all i see on your website is rebadged products from other known manufacturers. in the past i seen you rebadge dietz, navtv, kufatec, mobridge, midcity, car audio systems, and q-dis among others. so which of the 5 products did you manufacturer?
Old 12-17-2011, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
BTW, the only problem with KL was a leak that was on the audio video controller which i trouble shot and fixed for him as it was a simple re-used mounting tab that would leak the water into the plug. otherwise everything else worked fine, BTW did you guys install the av input? if so, then you failed to realize there are 2 in the back, and the comand was set to not have the picture fade out while in motion... via the sds in engineering mode, which i added. so I am baffled why all the work happened when the car was here because of the remote start throwing codes? then talking with him it only worked via the phone? when clearly i have a video of it remote starting with the key 3 years ago.... :whistle:

Sure west coast did a not so perfect job, but mostly was limited to the exterior. I help them out from time to time and they aren't a bad shop.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I engineered our AnyStream and our Mercedes iTronic USB, as well as two soon to be released video products. Bryan engineered a Land Rover controller and iPod unit combo and is currently working on a Porsche PCM 3.1 SAT unit.
We contract manufacture - not rebadge, which means we specify features, custom software or hardware - from mObridge and Kufatec. However, this is what many many companies do. We do not pretend, nor do we subscribe to the idea that we should be manufacturing boards in-house. We leave that to the companies that manufacture and do it well. In-fact many of the companies you mention have their items made by the same companies we do. I have personally traveled to the factory and was surprised to see one of our major competitors products about 30 feet away in another production cell.
We have not worked with NAV-TV (due to high failure rates) since 2007 - and even then did not rebadge them. If there is not something special about the product done specifically for us under contract, or we have not added anything to the device, then we sell it as the original manufacturer - such as Mid-City, mObridge and Dension iPod Gateway, or Dice items. We have never worked with Dietz, Car Audio Systems?? or q-dis?? - I just looked at our PO system for anything from companies listed above and have seen nothing since 2005. So I must point out, that you have some very bad information, or making assumptions that simply are not true.

We are very proud of the fact that recently mObridge closed their in-house US presence and selected us for all technical support and distribution to new dealers and as they phase out some older distributors that the product was not a good match in the technical area. It shows great confidence in our technical expertise. We expanded into a larger space to handle the flow and increased our still small staff slightly to handle the incoming volume. We currently handle around 500 dealers in North America and Europe. We are also proud that we are the sole US Distributor for Triamp Viseeo products too. It shows the confidence they place in our company too.

These are the facts. I would graciously extend an invitation for you to come visit us and have a peaceful drink or dinner. We have no ax to grind. You apparently do. You repeatedly attack us and put out mis-leading or inaccurate information. We don't know why. Is it because we sell so much product and most people have really good things to say about us? Is it jealousy? Have we done something to you? Do you have a problem with charging for technical knowledge and help to DIY'rs to make they job easier for them?
In the end, we are proud of our reputation, we are proud of the extensive testing we do to products before we will offer them for sale. Manufacturers frequently offer samples for us to test. I am the product tester most of the time. Frankly, most of them don't pass the test. Our customers seem to appreciate the fact that we don't just sell anything to make a buck. We answer phone lines 19 hours a day for technical support. All of this does cost a lot of money. Sometimes we are the low price, sometimes we are not - but we are always there for our customers - and most clients are willing to pay for that peace of mind.

No, we did not install the controller. We installed an HDTV tuner, and the Mid-City remote start for him. He also asked us to remove some DVD unit too....that is it.

Last edited by Cartronics; 12-17-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

An when we got the car, there were so many broken parts and screws IN the car, we showed him and he said it was all done at WCC. Looked like somebody tried to tear apart the car without the manual.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
That would probably be Maybach service in Columbus, Ohio. They couldn't fix the AV system the 5 times it was there, I was tasked to it.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:05 PM

E320, RS4
I engineered our AnyStream and our Mercedes iTronic USB, as well as two soon to be released video products. Bryan engineered a Land Rover controller and iPod unit combo and is currently working on a Porsche PCM 3.1 SAT unit.
We contract manufacture - not rebadge, which means we specify features, custom software or hardware - from mObridge and Kufatec. However, this is what many many companies do. We do not pretend, nor do we subscribe to the idea that we should be manufacturing boards in-house. We leave that to the companies that manufacture and do it well. In-fact many of the companies you mention have their items made by the same companies we do. I have personally traveled to the factory and was surprised to see one of our major competitors products about 30 feet away in another production cell.
We have not worked with NAV-TV (due to high failure rates) since 2007 - and even then did not rebadge them. If there is not something special about the product done specifically for us under contract, or we have not added anything to the device, then we sell it as the original manufacturer - such as Mid-City, mObridge and Dension iPod Gateway, or Dice items. We have never worked with Dietz, Car Audio Systems?? or q-dis?? - I just looked at our PO system for anything from companies listed above and have seen nothing since 2005. So I must point out, that you have some very bad information, or making assumptions that simply are not true.

We are very proud of the fact that recently mObridge closed their in-house US presence and selected us for all technical support and distribution to new dealers and as they phase out some older distributors that the product was not a good match in the technical area. It shows great confidence in our technical expertise. We expanded into a larger space to handle the flow and increased our still small staff slightly to handle the incoming volume. We currently handle around 500 dealers in North America and Europe. We are also proud that we are the sole US Distributor for Triamp Viseeo products too. It shows the confidence they place in our company too.

These are the facts. I would graciously extend an invitation for you to come visit us and have a peaceful drink or dinner. We have no ax to grind. You apparently do. You repeatedly attack us and put out mis-leading or inaccurate information. We don't know why. Is it because we sell so much product and most people have really good things to say about us? Is it jealousy? Have we done something to you? Do you have a problem with charging for technical knowledge and help to DIY'rs to make they job easier for them?
In the end, we are proud of our reputation, we are proud of the extensive testing we do to products before we will offer them for sale. Manufacturers frequently offer samples for us to test. I am the product tester most of the time. Frankly, most of them don't pass the test. Our customers seem to appreciate the fact that we don't just sell anything to make a buck. We answer phone lines 19 hours a day for technical support. All of this does cost a lot of money. Sometimes we are the low price, sometimes we are not - but we are always there for our customers - and most clients are willing to pay for that peace of mind.

No, we did not install the controller. We installed an HDTV tuner, and the Mid-City remote start for him. He also asked us to remove some DVD unit too....that is it.
It is apparent that you have done a great job and helped this community. That is what is really important and what these members deserve. They trust you with your advice, "your" products, your service and the truth. Since you have stated many things in several posts that I know to be half truths or outright fabrication, I assume that you are an employee of Cartronics and not the owner.

Your customers on this forum deserve transparency in order to keep their faith and repeat business. They expect the same out of Mid City who have done that. Although they are a competitor of mine they have my utmost respect. Your actions and false statements may have been due to bad information and I encourage you to address them with this forum before I post facts backed up with traceable and legitimate documentation. If you think I can't trace products you have bought from NAV-TV even this year through Mike Suvasken you are out of touch with reality.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
is anyone here going to CES? CT? MC? Derek? I might for the hell of it, been 3 years
Old 12-20-2011, 11:28 PM

E320, RS4
Copied directly from the forum rules:

You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or MBWorld.org.

Since I have already received an email warning me to "leave this alone or they will take this with the higher ups" I sincerely ask if this is applied to everybody on this forum or if the platinum sponsors received a "hall pass"? Both have been violated. I welcome the administrator of this forum to contact me directly and I'm sure we can put a quick end to the direct violation of these rules. I have tried to look him or her up but there is no listing for an admin. My email address is derek@nav-tv.com. I'll hopefully hear from you soon.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:20 AM

E320, RS4
"We do not use NAV-TV EVER...for ANYTHING....So you again have limited info that you are quoting about...."

Really? Then why did we drop ship a Porsche MOSTHUR to you on the 21st of this month that you purchased through Michael? Attachment to back this up included. Please notice the phone number and address and compare it to the information on www.cartronics.com. You know you can't purchase through us since we cut you off years ago for relabeling our products and passing them off as your own without authorization. Thank you for your business by the way. Lie 1 revealed.

You have stated that you do not pass other people's products off as yours but that is why your account was cut off by us. Here is just a sample of the proof I have to back this up...a Tooki manual that you stripped off our name and simply replaced it with yours. Here's a link to view the quick movie I made of the manual. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGYYT...ature=youtu.be Lie 2 revealed and I have so many more to go through.

The worst part about this is that all I wanted was you to back your statements up. You knew you couldn't and now you are hiding behind excuses. Remember Bryan when I caught you passing yourself off as a former engineer and employee of NAV-TV and called you on it? It must be really embarrassing to get caught on tape with a federal officer that was simply looking to purchase a product. I also have our conversation when you tried the same on me and I am the COO of the company! Pathetic. For the record, and in case he has made similar claims to any member of this forum, neither Bryan, nor any Cartronics, ECP or incartronix employee, has ever been employed by NAV-TV in any shape or form.

What did I say to you in the conversation? Well, it's about to happen.
Attached Thumbnails Remote starter for Mercedes with Smartkey-cartronicsorder.jpg  
Old 12-23-2011, 10:34 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Apparently that was ordered by Dave, one of our techs, for his buddy (as we offer no such product). We do not sell any of your products (check our site). PERSONAL USE.

Bryan DID do a lot of test work for NAV-TV - ask Moni - as a matter of fact, MONI never returned a bunch of equipment loaned to him by us and Randy at EIS... he still has it to my knowledge. That makes you guys theives in my book. But that is beyond the scope here. We DO NOT sell NAV-TV product for the last several years (since the fallout with Moni at CES 2007) AGAIN - we do not sell NAV-TV at all. In fact, because of all the software updates and recalls and flyers to add resistors to the products, we simply can not endorse it.

I can have Bryan address this with you PERSONALLY when he returns to work on Jan 11th. Enough said - again, just a couple of people that are upset that we are doing so well in my book.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
Old 12-23-2011, 10:36 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

exactly - what a bunch of drama queens

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Remote starter for Mercedes with Smartkey