Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Remote starter for Mercedes with Smartkey

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2011 | 10:45 AM

E320, RS4
You guys made statements publicly that have damaged another company's reputation without merit. I have addressed that privately with Bryan several times yet it continues. Also, how many drop shipments this year were for "personal" use? I only posted one to get my point across. Also, why did Bryan come and visit our booth to look at all the new products at CES 2008 and 2009 if you "discontinued" your relationship with us in 2007? In addition, why did you guys return 2 MBRS beta units to us just this year? I assume those are the pieces you have said you were "engineering". Give us all here a break and just come clean. Putting wires and relays together doesn't make you an engineering company. You couldn't figure out the algorithm necessary to start a MB even once.

Support your customers and do a reliable job at supporting the products you carry and I'll applaud you. Come clean and I'll leave you alone. All statements I have made are factual and are verifiable.By blatantly lying here you have damaged any credibility you have garnered through legitimate means. Have Bryan email me and I'll give him the number of another person in our employment so they can talk.
Old 12-23-2011 | 11:01 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
That is just a bald faced lie - I will have Bryan address this with YOU when he returns. We have NEVER had a remote start unit from you EVER PERIOD!. The products I design are not relays and wires - I have developed some very successful products.

We do support our customers well. We are very proud of that. Maybe you should tell your dealers to quit sending us your emails about all the problems and fixes to products. I am fortunate to see a lot of your internal emails. Remember the Tooki cold weather issue?? Asking customers and dealers to add resistors? Really? Remember all the test equipment that was never returned to Randy and Bryan?

BTW, Bryan did not go to CES in 2009. He did go in 2008... maybe he stopped by to get his equipment back from Moni? I know he did not go in 2009 because he had a death in the family. So you are still spreading false information.

I would ask you kindly that you discuss this with Bryan, because it appears both you and I do not have all the information. This is just two competitors throwing stones. It makes us both look silly and I will no longer participate in this. Like jbondox, you can have the last word. I am not supposed to be participating in this lunacy anyhow.
Old 12-23-2011 | 11:06 AM

E320, RS4
"We have NEVER had a remote start unit from you EVER PERIOD!. "

REALLY? Shall I post up copies of the sales and return of the product???? You've been caught and I will address this with Bryan personally but not on the 11th. I'll be in Vegas and if he cares to sit down at CES I'll even buy him a drink.

This will be my last post here on this subject and I apologize to the members and admins for being forced to defend myself here publicly.
Old 12-23-2011 | 02:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
Derek, I got an email from Bryan, and he would "LOVE" to meet you at CES. He also asked if you could bring copies of the receipts for his review.
If you want to PM your email or cell so he can coordinate with you.
Thanks!
Old 12-23-2011 | 02:35 PM

E320, RS4
Good news. Derek@nav-tv.com. I'd love to meet him as well again. I need to anyway to give him a cease and desist order for libel and selling products in violation of US patent number 7917261. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Old 12-23-2011 | 02:40 PM

'14 F15 M, '06 E55, '20 Highlander, '18 M550

Looks like I will be at your booth a lot more this year Derek. I'm in for the action. C'mon James ... you will make it out now, right ?
Old 12-23-2011 | 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
the audi back up camera you have that says cartronics on it is from here if http://www.qdis.co.kr/ you look at the audi section.... i know I know... you contracted them to build it for you, or it is your company, or it is, its ok... I really dont care, the whole point of me saying something in the beginning is due to you rebadging and claiming it your own. I understand you want to seperate yourselves from everyone else, you guys are a great source for a one stop shop and that is awesome. I commend you guys, I just dislike the rebadge...
Old 12-23-2011 | 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
Originally Posted by 6spdcoupe

Looks like I will be at your booth a lot more this year Derek. I'm in for the action. C'mon James ... you will make it out now, right ?
I want to, though it looks like the wife might have the baby early, so as soon as i get there, or before I board the plane... I will get the call.
Old 12-23-2011 | 07:13 PM

99 F350
Originally Posted by jbondox
I want to, though it looks like the wife might have the baby early, so as soon as i get there, or before I board the plane... I will get the call.

All the BS aside,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I'm just totally impressed you actually got laid!!
Old 12-23-2011 | 07:18 PM

Oh damn, I know the feeling though ! I missed '06 since my kids were born Dec. '05 ! Luckily I hate a bit more advanced notice though.
Old 12-23-2011 | 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by CT Customs
All the BS aside,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I'm just totally impressed you actually got laid!!

You know THAT is not a requirement though right Todd ?
Old 12-23-2011 | 09:10 PM

99 F350
Originally Posted by 6spdcoupe
You know THAT is not a requirement though right Todd ?

Too bad his wife didn't know that!
Old 12-23-2011 | 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by CT Customs
Too bad his wife didn't know that!

Old 12-24-2011 | 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
the sad thing is I wasnt even home that month I checked the house to see what was fixed... damn mail order brides j/k
Old 12-24-2011 | 05:41 PM

99 F350
the sad thing is I wasnt even home that month I checked the house to see what was fixed... damn mail order brides j/k
You didn't look very good,,,,I fixed the squeak in your headboard
Old 12-27-2011 | 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
make sure you open the package on the way to you carefully
Old 12-27-2011 | 06:56 PM

99 F350
make sure you open the package on the way to you carefully
Old 12-28-2011 | 12:38 AM

2011 E350 4 Matic
Need some help from some experts. My car is a 2011 W204 C300 4 matic and I am having some problems with the remote starter.

Installed are the Firsttech data controller FT-MB204DC and the drone mobile DR1000 firmware version 1.10

problems encountered are:
1) Cell phone application doesn't always work (I use a blackberry torch) and I would say that for about 40% of the times I will get a "poor cell coverage" message.

2) Often, after receiving the above message, the lights will be flashing 5 times indicating that I have exceeded the maximum number of remote starts. I know that that isn't correct because I use the key to start the car in the morning and only use the remote start at night when going home from work. I usually know that the car didn't start because i don't receive the message indicating the car has started on my phone.

3) When I review the vehicle status on my BB Torch, the engine always shows as "running", what causes that? The next item shown is "ready to start: yes". should it not show "engine off"?

4) Are additional parts needed in order for me to open and close the windows via the AUX buttons?

5) When pressing the siren button the torch application indicates it is working but the siren doesn't sound. is this a known issue?

5)
Originally Posted by rob13572468
The seat heater activation has been a big request and we are going to be adding that as a feature in the next software version (which we will be able to update for you)..
Has this feature been developed yet?

I will bring it to the installer but would appreciate any help/comments before bringing it to them.

Last edited by 2nice4me; 12-28-2011 at 01:11 AM.
Old 12-28-2011 | 07:28 PM

ml450
Originally Posted by 2nice4me
Need some help from some experts. My car is a 2011 W204 C300 4 matic and I am having some problems with the remote starter.

Installed are the Firsttech data controller FT-MB204DC and the drone mobile DR1000 firmware version 1.10

problems encountered are:
1) Cell phone application doesn't always work (I use a blackberry torch) and I would say that for about 40% of the times I will get a "poor cell coverage" message.

2) Often, after receiving the above message, the lights will be flashing 5 times indicating that I have exceeded the maximum number of remote starts. I know that that isn't correct because I use the key to start the car in the morning and only use the remote start at night when going home from work. I usually know that the car didn't start because i don't receive the message indicating the car has started on my phone.

3) When I review the vehicle status on my BB Torch, the engine always shows as "running", what causes that? The next item shown is "ready to start: yes". should it not show "engine off"?

4) Are additional parts needed in order for me to open and close the windows via the AUX buttons?

5) When pressing the siren button the torch application indicates it is working but the siren doesn't sound. is this a known issue?

5)

Has this feature been developed yet?

I will bring it to the installer but would appreciate any help/comments before bringing it to them.
1) I would recommend power cycling the system (assuming it was connected correctly). This involves turning off the valet switch for a minute and turning it back on. If the drone is connected correctly, it should also power cycle when doing this. If you still have issues, there may be something up with the drone.

2) Do you know how old the Compustar 204DC is? Also, is there any time when leaving the vehicle that you may have cycled the ignition for a brief time? Say you left the window down an inch and forgot after you turned the engine off, so you turn the key back on a few seconds to raise the window then turn it back off.

3) Knowing the age of the 204DC will help to answer this as well

4) Currently we don't support the Aux 1 or Aux 2 buttons on the Drone system.

5) Currently we don't support the panic feature on the Drone system.

4 and 5 require a complete hardware revision which will be coming but is likely at least a year out.

RE: heated seats, yes we are working on it in the new hardware revision.
Old 12-29-2011 | 01:13 AM

2011 E350 4 Matic
Originally Posted by Audiofyl
1) I would recommend power cycling the system (assuming it was connected correctly). This involves turning off the valet switch for a minute and turning it back on. If the drone is connected correctly, it should also power cycle when doing this. If you still have issues, there may be something up with the drone.

2) Do you know how old the Compustar 204DC is? Also, is there any time when leaving the vehicle that you may have cycled the ignition for a brief time? Say you left the window down an inch and forgot after you turned the engine off, so you turn the key back on a few seconds to raise the window then turn it back off.

3) Knowing the age of the 204DC will help to answer this as well

4) Currently we don't support the Aux 1 or Aux 2 buttons on the Drone system.

5) Currently we don't support the panic feature on the Drone system.

4 and 5 require a complete hardware revision which will be coming but is likely at least a year out.

RE: heated seats, yes we are working on it in the new hardware revision.

1) Will try that, i read elsewhere that relocating the device higher up closer to the window may help?

2) The Compustar production date was September 2011. and what you described i have done that. what does that do?

3) Too bad about 4 & 5, when you say new hardware version you mean that the version I have will not be able to support this when it becomes available?
Old 12-29-2011 | 02:24 PM

ml450
Originally Posted by 2nice4me
1) Will try that, i read elsewhere that relocating the device higher up closer to the window may help?

2) The Compustar production date was September 2011. and what you described i have done that. what does that do?

3) Too bad about 4 & 5, when you say new hardware version you mean that the version I have will not be able to support this when it becomes available?

1) The Drone unit is basically like a cell phone or data card. It needs to have a proper cellular signal in order to receive commands and report back to you. It won't hurt having it higher up in the dash, but, depending on where it is, there may be little to no change by moving it.

2) If, when the key is on, it is only on for a short time, the Smartkey Starter®*cannot properly sync to the vehicle and thus it erases its memory and will not allow remote starting. We have done that on purpose. If we allowed a non synced unit to start the vehicle, the Drive Authorization System in the vehicle would be quite unhappy and likely not let you shift gears or perhaps lock you out of starting the vehicle for a short time. If you need to turn the key to the ignition on position for any reason, make sure it stays on for at least a minute to allow remote starting after that.

3) The current hardware you have will not be able to support HVAC control, heated seats or windows. We have added so much functionality with the ability to use external remotes and smart phone interfaces that the hardware can't support any additional functions, such as those, in its current iteration.
Old 12-30-2011 | 06:54 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Guys - and you know who you are - We expect professional behaviour on this thread. Clean up your act or this entire thread will be deleted & your privileges suspended.
Old 01-06-2012 | 06:45 PM

clk430

boyz im in canada, my john deere is got the snowplow attachment but my
02 clk 430 does not have a remote start.

im not an engineer but ive done a few installs before on my previous cars but i hear it cant be done on MB so i didnt even bother but now with this thread i get sense of hope.

my question is can it be done and how much would it run me without install.
Old 01-07-2012 | 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
just checked midcity's website and dont see it

http://midcityengineering.com/smartkey-starter
Old 01-23-2012 | 04:59 PM

2003 ML 350
2003 Ml 350 auto start available?

Hi I'm so hoping to find an autostart that will work on my 2003 ML 350. 17 below the other morning, doors had frozen shut, etc. and we are having an extremely NICE winter, all in all, here in North Dakota.

I looked at the Cartronics site, and it appeared to be allowing me to order the needed system, however, it also allowed me to order for a MC 237, just made that up to test the order system, so apparently it's just CGI code or something that fills in whatever the customer types??? Cartronics' website DOES list "remote start" under the items available for my model and year.

The Mid-City Site does not list my ML as having a remote starter kit available.

PLEASE tell me that one is available!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Remote starter for Mercedes with Smartkey