Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Phone wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 Carrera4
Phone wiring diagram

Hi guys, I've tried searching , honest.
I installed a V60 phone system in my car about 6 months ago and it never worked. I've been busy and never got around to troubleshoot. So the PSE works since i've been able to get the entire audio system working with no issues, it's just constantly saying phone not plugged in.
I tried all the fuses, and nothing. even managed to find a secondary connection behid the radio and that's plugged in as well.
Finally few weeks ago i was getting an oil change at the dealer and the mechaninc ran quick diagnostics and tells me that it's not the bluethooth puck, just a disconnect from the PSE to the cradle. Since he did it for free i did not ask him to go in any further.
So i want to take a look at the entire line going from front to the back and need to know where hte wires are running. does anyone have a diagram of the Cellphone system wiring? I'm assuming it goes in the back of the dash and then somehow makes it way to the trunk?
Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Duh... 04 CLK 500 Coupe
Old 06-14-2010, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 Carrera4
268 views and no one has any idea?
Old 06-14-2010, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by malahhaor
268 views and no one has any idea?
Workshop documents do not typically explain accurately how wiring harnesses are routed in the car. You can get an idea from the actual wiring diagram and EPC, both available from Startekinfo (on-line or on a car specific service DVD).

Another source is phone retrofit guide but it works mostly on pre-installed cables and only shows where the connectors can be found.

I would have assumed the wiring would go directly to the rear from the centre compartment (is the cradle at the centre compartment in this car?) but there is a connector at the front so the harness must be routed from the front through the cable ducts at the side to the rear. Basically it is a direct harness between the cradle and the phone control unit.

http://www.auto-parts.spb.ru/cat/cat...97aabda7a4d9ef
Old 06-14-2010, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
See http://phdwebsite.powerpulse.cc/Phon...s/CLK%2004.pdf
Old 06-14-2010, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 Carrera4
Thanks, but this is the doc i originaly used to do the install.
I suppose fuses or relays would hinder the progress, but i don't see how since everything works and the wiring harness is not getting the signal through. i don't thing a fuse would affect that.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 Elegance Saloon
It sounds to me like you installed everything properly but didn't have the system version coded (which is what tech did most likely). It would explain why the system worked but your h/u displayed that message. Did you get anything on your MFD prior to dealership visit?
Old 06-15-2010, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 Carrera4
I don't think the tech did anyting but plug in another bluetooth puck. MFD is the same as before the shop.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by fortlaudsummer
It sounds to me like you installed everything properly but didn't have the system version coded (which is what tech did most likely). It would explain why the system worked but your h/u displayed that message. Did you get anything on your MFD prior to dealership visit?
The phone would work without version coding except that the cluster menu and steering wheel buttons would not work. Audio should be fully functional and calls can be placed and answered from the head unit buttons or from the phone.

In this case I understand there is no physical connection from the phone cradle to the phone control unit. This should be fixed first, perhaps that would be all.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 Carrera4
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
In this case I understand there is no physical connection from the phone cradle to the phone control unit. This should be fixed first, perhaps that would be all.
That is exactly my issue,
I have no idea where the problem could be. I checked the cable from front to back with a signal tester and it's dead. Nothing comes through.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by malahhaor
That is exactly my issue,
I have no idea where the problem could be. I checked the cable from front to back with a signal tester and it's dead. Nothing comes through.
If there is no connection between the cradle and the phone control unit, the problem must be between the cradle and the phone control unit (or at least one problem is there).

There should be two connectors between the cradle and the control unit, one is at the armrest area, I believe you have installed the completer kit and the cradle wire to this connector and it should then be fine.

Another connector can be found as shown by the retrofit guide at the ashtray area. The retrofit guide suggests that this connector (along with the antenna cable connector at the same area) should be checked. I interpret it being likely that the connectors may be left open at the factory. Did you check this other connector (pair) already?

If it isn't this, then the cable must be cut somewhere. That sounds odd but your options are either to follow the cable or feed a completely new cable.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 Elegance Saloon
The phone would work without version coding except that the cluster menu and steering wheel buttons would not work. Audio should be fully functional and calls can be placed and answered from the head unit buttons or from the phone.

Oh yes, you are right. I went back and reread the OP and I must have misread it the first time around. I was thinking that the phone was working, just not showing up on the COMAND screen (which was my problem for a while). My mistake
Old 06-15-2010, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 Carrera4
If there is no connection between the cradle and the phone control unit, the problem must be between the cradle and the phone control unit (or at least one problem is there).

There should be two connectors between the cradle and the control unit, one is at the armrest area, I believe you have installed the completer kit and the cradle wire to this connector and it should then be fine.

Another connector can be found as shown by the retrofit guide at the ashtray area. The retrofit guide suggests that this connector (along with the antenna cable connector at the same area) should be checked. I interpret it being likely that the connectors may be left open at the factory. Did you check this other connector (pair) already?

If it isn't this, then the cable must be cut somewhere. That sounds odd but your options are either to follow the cable or feed a completely new cable.
yes, i think i have no choice but to start ripping my interior out and follow the cable.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
You need a blue label "Autosense" (SYN 9266A) PSE p/n Q-6-82-0971 if you have an older one, you will need to update it.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 Carrera4
Originally Posted by JonMBZ
You need a blue label "Autosense" (SYN 9266A) PSE p/n Q-6-82-0971 if you have an older one, you will need to update it.
If it was outdated, would the rest of the system work? also how would that cause the wiring to be dead?