Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Yet another V.60 question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2002, 04:42 PM
jay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230K Sports Coupe
Question Yet another V.60 question

OK, I've searched the web and all the posts, but I can't find the answer, so I'll ask you all......

I have a V.60 phone. I know I can't integrate it....so I won't even ask...

But.... Can I use the phone jack to power my V.60? I know Fuzzo posted that question back in November, but I didn't see any responses. I'm hoping that I'm not the first (or about to be..) who has scoped out the jack for power, and modified my existing cable to fit in there.

Anyone?

Btw.. Why is it that EVERYONE in the world has figured out how to write over an H card, but I haven't seen anything on getting a Non-MB phone to integrate? Aren't most of us here system freaks?
Old 02-22-2002, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Unless you have the cradle/cord kit installed, there will be no phone jack. Just some pre-wiring in the car for the dealer installed pieces.
Old 02-22-2002, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by awiner
Unless you have the cradle/cord kit installed, there will be no phone jack. Just some pre-wiring in the car for the dealer installed pieces.
C230k's and I suspect all other C-class cars have phone jack in the left front of the upper console tray. I don't know if it is connected to anything if the K2 or K2a package is not installed.
Old 02-22-2002, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

2003 CL55 AMG
Originally posted by Lynn

C230k's and I suspect all other C-class cars have phone jack in the left front of the upper console tray. I don't know if it is connected to anything if the K2 or K2a package is not installed.

I suspect it is just the pre-wiring that is not connected to anything at the other end. From the diagrams I have, it looks like the other end is dis connected awaiting install of a PSE in the boot.
Old 02-23-2002, 06:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
I just checked...there's no 'prewiring' or jack in my console tray...just a black plastic cover in the area where it might be had I sprung for a phone...no wiring underneath the tray either.

Adam, is this wiring harness included in the kits we've been discussing?
Old 02-23-2002, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

2003 CL55 AMG
Originally posted by Rick
I just checked...there's no 'prewiring' or jack in my console tray...just a black plastic cover in the area where it might be had I sprung for a phone...no wiring underneath the tray either.

Adam, is this wiring harness included in the kits we've been discussing?
Yes Rick... Everything is included that is needed for your particular vehicle.

If you were to disasemble the center console, you would fine a phone looking type jack where the cradle and part of the cord kit plugs into. There may also be a DB15 serial looking connection in there as well (I don't remeber off hand).
Old 02-23-2002, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Rick
Interesting. I have a phone jack behind that little plastic cover. I have a cable, which can be seem at the rear of the lower compartment and it enters the bottom, rear of the upper tray. The wires are protected by a woven plastic sheath. It looks like MB is not wiring all the cars the same way.
Old 02-23-2002, 05:15 PM
jay

2002 C230K Sports Coupe
Originally posted by Lynn

Interesting. I have a phone jack behind that little plastic cover. I have a cable, which can be seem at the rear of the lower compartment and it enters the bottom, rear of the upper tray. The wires are protected by a woven plastic sheath. It looks like MB is not wiring all the cars the same way.

Mine has that as well. That's where I'm going with this whole post. Any idea if there is power there? I guess, I'll scope it later and let everyone know.... Anyone out there have a coupe wiring diagram?
Old 02-23-2002, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

2003 CL55 AMG
Originally posted by jay

Mine has that as well. That's where I'm going with this whole post. Any idea if there is power there? I guess, I'll scope it later and let everyone know.... Anyone out there have a coupe wiring diagram?
The jack you see it part of the prewire. It is a 10 pin jack. This jack is used by the Cord Kit's 10 pin plug. This prewire'd jack goes to the rear boot where it looks like it is not hooked up to anything until at a point in time where you have all the other parts to hook into it from the phone kit. I have the diagram in Adobe PDF format, which is part of the "Model Year 2000-2002 Mercedes Benz Telephone and Installation Manual."
Old 02-23-2002, 06:52 PM

S63 AMG
Yes, the car will charge the phone. You can see my comments in the CLK forum

Don Biz
Old 02-23-2002, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

2003 CL55 AMG
Originally posted by donbiz
Yes, the car will charge the phone. You can see my comments in the CLK forum

Don Biz
You vehicle will charge the phone IF you have the K2 or K2a option installed. If you do not, that jack everyone is talking about is DEAD.