Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

CUSTOM FIBERGLASSING WORK...anyone know a good place or how much it should cost???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 Kompressor
CUSTOM FIBERGLASSING WORK...anyone know a good place or how much it should cost???

hey everyone,

so I have my HRE's on order...now I'm thinking of my next step...2 things:

1.) Coilovers...probably going to get H & R's...does anyone have a connection to help me out here??

2.) Custom Fiberglassing work in the trunk. I went to a local audio/video custom shop that does good work but I know that they're trying to really rip me off.

I wanted to do a custom mold (same color as my car's paint), molded over my existing audio system, with a 7" t.v. mounted in the top/center of it all. No wiring would need to be done (aside from disconnecting the current subs just to drop them down on top of the new piece) and none of the amps or anything would need to be moved. It would basically be a "drop-in" piece, molded exactly to my trunk). They wanted $2400 without the tv, $2700 with it. I was thinking MUCH cheaper, like around $1400 or so, not including the tv.

Am I wrong here? Lemme kno what you guys think, and also let me know if any of you know a REALLY good shop that would do some nice custom work for me at a good/realistic price (in the NY/NJ/Penn area of course).

btw...the tv they wanted me to use was a "microvision" (i think)...I've never heard of it, but I'd rather stick with Pioneer or Alpine...he told me its great quality, but I just know that he's trying to rip me off. I don't get it, some people just try to really take advantage for no reason...oh, and then the best part is he's telling me that he wants me to do a photoshoot for his website and he said that I should tell people that I'm sponsored by him...I was like, "do you know what a sponsorship is???" lol, he's a piece of work!!
Old 05-03-2004, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
Alot of the huge monitors people drop in their trunks arent high quality monitors, although Ive never heard of them, I dont think a lot of people use high quality monitors like Alpine or Clarion, and if they do they are bank. A place that does amazing work is Mobile Innovations, they are expensive, but they can work with a budget www.miautodes******** I wouldnt worry too much about a good quality monitor in the trunk area, its for show purposes only and wouldnt be activated that often for it get wear and tear vs. having a monitor up front, which would HAVE to be Alpine or Clarion etc.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
And I almost forgot, the place that I go to to get my work done for all my cars is Sound-Waves in Parsippany. They do some top end work on some top end cars, I've seen Range Rovers, H2's, even Ferrari's get work done there, awesome guys and they will help you out, www.sound-waves.com Try this place before Mobile Innovations.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:45 PM

2002 C230 Kompressor
thanks man...yeah, i'll check them out...hopefully i'll get one to do some work for me!
Old 05-04-2004, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
the pricing isnt too bad for a very good job. im in jersey too, what shop gave you that price?
Old 05-06-2004, 12:58 PM

2002 C240 Classic
a good quality job should cost around $2000 anything more and it has to be crazy. also, i have used some very cheap monitors that actually look better than name brand ones. for example, i had a power acoustic/farenheit 6" monitor that i got from ebay for under $100 and it was super nice, trust me. antonio.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:10 PM

if u got some time and some money i would go to streeteffectz in iselin, nj... his work is amazing and i have not seen nething like it in my life... http://www.streeteffectz.com... his name is ron... he is usually floating around the acura forum im on also...
Old 05-10-2004, 10:27 PM

2002 C230 Kompressor
yeah, i've heard all about them...i'm going to stop by and see what they say...thanks for the info!
Old 05-16-2004, 08:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
Originally posted by Viktorious
Alot of the huge monitors people drop in their trunks arent high quality monitors, although Ive never heard of them, I dont think a lot of people use high quality monitors like Alpine or Clarion, and if they do they are bank. A place that does amazing work is Mobile Innovations, they are expensive, but they can work with a budget www.miautodes******** I wouldnt worry too much about a good quality monitor in the trunk area, its for show purposes only and wouldnt be activated that often for it get wear and tear vs. having a monitor up front, which would HAVE to be Alpine or Clarion etc.
I just emailed those guys. I want to get Valentine 1 etched in the stock mirror, along w/ a smal screen on it