Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Distronic parts have arrived.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
Distronic parts have arrived.

I got my distronic parts today from the Guru. I went to the stealership and activated the distronic stuff since I was in for service anyway. I played with the system for some time and also set INTERIOR MOTION SENSOR to present and also programmed my control panel to vent the vented seats (when i get them) when I use the convience setting with the infrared key. Also, took care of all my stationary heater stuff. Tried it out, cleared codes, activated it, set turn on time, etc... There is tons of stuff in STARDIAG. Wish we only had one. Well, distronic display on dash shows up now. Shows a picture of a car with the feet markings. I will post pictures. I got the parts in today after I came home so I could not install them before going to teh dealer. I am waiting for the bracket that holds the sensor and I think we're good to go. Will need to get it calibrated as well. This will be a task as no one at the dealer has ever done it. Anyway, I will keep everyone posted.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by sunman
I got my distronic parts today from the Guru. I went to the stealership and activated the distronic stuff since I was in for service anyway. I played with the system for some time and also set INTERIOR MOTION SENSOR to present and also programmed my control panel to vent the vented seats (when i get them) when I use the convience setting with the infrared key. Also, took care of all my stationary heater stuff. Tried it out, cleared codes, activated it, set turn on time, etc... There is tons of stuff in STARDIAG. Wish we only had one. Well, distronic display on dash shows up now. Shows a picture of a car with the feet markings. I will post pictures. I got the parts in today after I came home so I could not install them before going to teh dealer. I am waiting for the bracket that holds the sensor and I think we're good to go. Will need to get it calibrated as well. This will be a task as no one at the dealer has ever done it. Anyway, I will keep everyone posted.
Yay!

I read on the internet that you need a special tool (only available at Department of Defense missile installations) to calibrate the radar eye.

-s-
Old 08-02-2004, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250D
not sure about that scorchie but any maybach equipped dealer should have that tool. I checked WIS and it looks like a mirror type of device. Also, a suction used on the eye itself.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06' E500 Estate, '08 S65, '05 S430
Wow

I had no idea one could add Distronic after-the-fact. What parts and how much? How do you get the dealer to let you play with the Star Diagnostics?

Thanks.

Jeff
Old 08-03-2004, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250D
Several parts are invoved including 2 harneses, switches, control unit, sensor eye, radiator bracket, new grill, new star, new wood trim around shifter. As for using th star system, you have to do some real good A@@ kissing.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by sunman
not sure about that scorchie but any maybach equipped dealer should have that tool. I checked WIS and it looks like a mirror type of device. Also, a suction used on the eye itself.
Well, maybe you didn't notice, but I read it on the internet somewhere so it MUST be true!

-s-
Old 08-03-2004, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06' E500 Estate, '08 S65, '05 S430
Lol

Sunman,

Too funny. How much in toto and who is the Guru? Steve?

Jeff
Old 08-04-2004, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250D
YEs Steve is the Guru and no price total as of yet. I am not too sure many people would dive for this mod!