Has anyone figured out how to use the music register?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C350 Coupe (on order)
Has anyone figured out how to use the music register?

Ok....I can't seem to figure out how to copy mp3s from a DVDR or a USB stick onto that 10gb of internal memory. Anyone figured it out? I tried following the instruction manual, but it only seems to give step-by-step for ripping audio CDs, not copying mp3s. Though it does seem to suggest they support it in the 1st paragraph of that section.....
Old 10-09-2011, 07:00 PM

side note: i have the command online system (no dvd changer) on a C350.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:26 AM

C
Originally Posted by luminus
side note: i have the command online system (no dvd changer) on a C350.
If you don't figure it out by the end of this week, hopefully I will have my car and can help!

I was planning to play music off an sd card, but if I can just transfer via USB to the HDD i'd much rather do that.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:01 PM

stil haven't figured it out, though it appears like in previous years, the US ppl claims they can't while the EU ppl claim they could?
Old 10-11-2011, 09:50 AM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
GLE 300d (v167)
From the discussion which stemmed in my intro thread, it sounds like USDM do not support copying from SD card. Refer to: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-sydney-4.html

My Aussie car has it. Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvf5EIAkyOI
Old 10-12-2011, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Welcome to the epic unrelenting stupidity of MBUSA. The feature has been disabled, none of the documentation is accurate.

In a similar vein of stupidity, you will notice that the symbols around your headlamp switch do not light up. Every other symbol in the car does. Those symbols are probably the most important ones to see in the dark (when trying to turn the headlights on if they happen to be off). You just can't explain the ineptitude that is MBUSA. Can you tell I'm mad?
Old 10-12-2011, 07:34 AM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
GLE 300d (v167)
Originally Posted by acr2001
Welcome to the epic unrelenting stupidity of MBUSA. The feature has been disabled, none of the documentation is accurate.

In a similar vein of stupidity, you will notice that the symbols around your headlamp switch do not light up. Every other symbol in the car does. Those symbols are probably the most important ones to see in the dark (when trying to turn the headlights on if they happen to be off). You just can't explain the ineptitude that is MBUSA. Can you tell I'm mad?
I agree! I noticed this a few times now and am wondering wtf why doesn't it light up. I know that some of the other lights throughout the cabin (at least in Australia) are dependent on spec; e.g. C200 does not have light up dials on your air conditioning vents but C250 does.... which is fine, but why oh why don't the damn headlight keys light up especially given the horribly confusing nature of it?!

Also worth noting is the indicator stalk which has a billion things on it also doesn't light up.

My favourite thing which does look cool/work is the stereo buttons (other than the ON button) do not light up unless the stereo is turned on.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:30 PM

2017 GLC300 / 2021 C300
I have determined that the Music Register on USA models will only allow you to copy original CD's. It actually is very easy once you put in a commercial disk that I guess has DRM on it. I put in a Best of Steely Dan CD and went to REC. Once you select REC then you can record All Tracks or just the ones you want. It RIPS them in the background as long as the power is on.
My guess is the MB Legal department was worred about copyright infringement and wanted to make sure you had a legal copy of the song. Just speculation, but it makes sense.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by ralawren
I have determined that the Music Register on USA models will only allow you to copy original CD's. It actually is very easy once you put in a commercial disk that I guess has DRM on it. I put in a Best of Steely Dan CD and went to REC. Once you select REC then you can record All Tracks or just the ones you want. It RIPS them in the background as long as the power is on.
My guess is the MB Legal department was worred about copyright infringement and wanted to make sure you had a legal copy of the song. Just speculation, but it makes sense.
YOU determined that?

It isn't just 'original' CDs. It will rip any music audio CD (NOT MP3 CD!). You can burn one yourself and have it rip it. The problem is, filling 10 GBs of music register will probably take over 100 audio CDs. It's useless. Unless you have all of your music on old fashioned audio CDs already.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 ATS-V
False, it will not rip DVD-Audio/DTS CD's. I have a few from when I had my 05 Acura TL that played DVDA and DTS Discs and those will not give me the option to record. I have over 8K songs on my ipod, so I'm not too worried either way...