Old 06-29-2015, 03:55 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

So I just got my new LED parking lights and...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 10:00 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Originally Posted by Igor1080
Well I just ordered a set of Diamond Vision h7's so we'll see how good the visibility is. Hopefully they'll do the trick.
I never tried the diamond vision. Looking at photos on the net they look too "Blue" if you know what I mean. I am always looking for that near Bi-Xenon look without purchasing another HID Kit.

I was quoted $1300 a headlamp (with an employee discount) for the OEM Bi-Xenons for the C coupe. Once the dealer or Japan can stock them early 2012 , I may take the plunge and get an OEM set and try to retro-fit. Back in early October when I bought my car, there were no C Coupes available with lighting package and orders weren't being processed/delivered until January-March. After seeing night-time pictures of the C class with lighting package, I am really pissed that I was not able to wait.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C204
Originally Posted by DameMD
I never tried the diamond vision. Looking at photos on the net they look too "Blue" if you know what I mean. I am always looking for that near Bi-Xenon look without purchasing another HID Kit.

I was quoted $1300 a headlamp (with an employee discount) for the OEM Bi-Xenons for the C coupe. Once the dealer or Japan can stock them early 2012 , I may take the plunge and get an OEM set and try to retro-fit. Back in early October when I bought my car, there were no C Coupes available with lighting package and orders weren't being processed/delivered until January-March. After seeing night-time pictures of the C class with lighting package, I am really pissed that I was not able to wait.
I didn't even think about it when I was looking into the options. Its not as if the lights arent bright enough its just that they look yellow and they dont project far enough. I was used to having projectors on my Infiniti. This along with the lack of keyless-go is really pissing me off. I HATE using my key to start the car and open the trunk and doors. I'm spoiled when it comes to options Infiniti gives you everything for a great price, BUT there are WAYYYY too many G's in Brooklyn. Like every 3rd car is a G37, its not even funny.

Off topic but how do you feel about the coupe after coming from a G37? I'm in the same boat.

Last edited by Igor1080; 12-30-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Funny enough, I too came from a G37 coupe (but had a C300 4matic sedan in the interim). I do miss the keyless-go and xenon standard. Fortunately, my c300 had projectors, so a HID retrofit was easily possible, which appeased me. However, I did hate the lack of keyless-go.

This time around I MADE sure I got the lighting package (even sacrificed interior color) I wanted black, but they only had tan, and I figured since my brother is getting a white on black one anyway, it would be silly to get literally the EXACT same one, even though they are both white now (diamond and arctic).

As far as the drive, the c300 was no match for the g37 power from a dig, and I found myself modyifing the exhaust on the c300 to make-up for the less than inspiring exhaust tones that my G37 came with stock. However, overall, I enjoy diriving my c-class much better, it is so much more refined, braking is more confident, ride is smoother and you soon learn of some cool things that a mercedes does "behind the scenes" that other cars (Infiniti included simply don't).

Also, while this is probably because I had a 2008 G37S coupe with the 5-speed auto, it made the car somewhat doggish on the highway and not feel like the 330 HP beast it is. Where as the C300 had the 7-speed automatic (which normally wouldnt make a difference) but the mercedes transmission is able to enitrely SKIP a gear when downshifting, to put you RIGHT in the sweet spot range of 4000k+ when rolling. My 5-speed couldn't do this and I'm not sure about if the 7-speed newer infiniti transmissions can.

This resulted in my mercedes feeling just as fast, if not faster from a roll or when flooring it on the highway (that is, until you hit aobut 80/90 and it becomes a HP race). In fact, when I had a little unofficial race with a G37 on the service road, I kept up with him until about 80 (when starting from about 25/30) and then he started to pull away. Can't complain considering my c300 4matic only has 225 HP, 4matic and weighs much more than a RWD coupe with 330HP...

As far as the Philips Diamond Vision being too blue. It is just the picutres and/or cameras. Trust me, you WILL be satisfied with the color. It is rated at 5000k, which previous HID color temp is 4300k and mercedes has now switched to 5000k in newer models (cls, etc). So it is the SAME exact color as the new CLS bi-xenons.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:12 AM

2013 C204
Originally Posted by jctevere
Funny enough, I too came from a G37 coupe.
This was my baby at its finest. I had VMR V710 Concave wheels custom machined to fit Infiniti hub spacing, eibach pro-line springs, Stillen full catback exhaust, 20% tint, Factory aero kit (before the 2009 cars had them on), debadged, grille painted/rear emblem painted. UGH I loved that car. It went back to the dealership this past wednesday after I picked up the C.

So I just got my new LED parking lights and...-9520c6c6.jpg

So I just got my new LED parking lights and...-71de09df.jpg

So I just got my new LED parking lights and...-5003b83a.jpg

So I just got my new LED parking lights and...-88f60d30.jpg

So I just got my new LED parking lights and...-rollingshots.jpg

So I just got my new LED parking lights and...-3a5681cc.jpg

So I just got my new LED parking lights and...-87d63b98.jpg

Last edited by Igor1080; 12-30-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Looks great, but as you metnioned, around here in NY and Long Island G's are a dime a dozen. Heck, c300 sedans are too, which is why I switched over the the coupe asap. Not only is it arguable the MOST beautiful interior (not only of any other cars in its price range) but I would even argue out of any cars on the market...), but they are still "rare". I suspect it will remain that way unitl May when the 4matics come out (at least in the tri-state area, since we are in the snowbelt).

Your g is beautiful man, but I think you will be happy with the upgrade. The G-sedan has a bit of a "tired" design. Even the latest facelift wasn't much different, added foglights and thats about it. I do like the changes the IPL makes to the coupe though, the new rims and slightly modified body panels make it look GREAT. I probably woulnd't mod it much past that. Infiniti does a good job at making vehicles - even stock, ready to go (keyless-go, leather, bi-xenon, top 3.7 engine (before G25 came out) and LED accents and great lines.

But I think Mercedes is steadily catching up, espeically with interior quality and getting on board with customer wants. You can see in the latest facelift they VASTLY improved the non-comand screen from the stingy audio 20 low quality screen to one that would be hard pressed to discern the difference from the comand screen.

Also, based on my interactions and feedback given in generation-benz, they are starting to realize that most people want keyless-go and bi-xenon (or at the very least projectors so we can retrofit HID). I think the facelift of the coupe will reflect these changes.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:51 AM

2013 C204
Originally Posted by jctevere
I think you will be happy with the upgrade.
  • The screen resolution on the Comand system is way higher than on most cars.
  • The LED screen in the Speedo is an amazing addition to the interior.
  • The call quality on Bluetooth is SICK, nobody knows I'm driving or using bluetooth.
  • The quality of materials is WAY nicer than on most cars.
  • The quietness of the cabin is unmatched, ESPECIALLY when compared to Infiniti, my G sounded like a tin can in the rain.
  • Panoramic roof standard.
  • Bluetooth audio streaming quality is great.
  • Harmon Kardon audio quality is on par with if not better than BOSE.
  • Structural rigidity on the Mercedes is way above that of the Japanese cars.
  • Gas mileage should be way better than Infiniti
  • No rattles on the interior

I'm sure I could think of a lot more, but I do see the value in MB. Prior to this car I couldn't imagine myself driving a benz but the value for this car is damn good.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
  • The screen resolution on the Comand system is way higher than on most cars.
  • The LED screen in the Speedo is an amazing addition to the interior.
  • The call quality on Bluetooth is SICK, nobody knows I'm driving or using bluetooth.
  • The quality of materials is WAY nicer than on most cars.
  • The quietness of the cabin is unmatched, ESPECIALLY when compared to Infiniti, my G sounded like a tin can in the rain.
  • Panoramic roof standard.
  • Bluetooth audio streaming quality is great.
  • Harmon Kardon audio quality is on par with if not better than BOSE.
  • Structural rigidity on the Mercedes is way above that of the Japanese cars.
  • Gas mileage should be way better than Infiniti
  • No rattles on the interior

I'm sure I could think of a lot more, but I do see the value in MB. Prior to this car I couldn't imagine myself driving a benz but the value for this car is damn good.
Couldn't agree more. Some other big things I love is how the trunk fully opens when you press the button, even though the Inifniti had keyless, you still needed to lift the trunk (which is harder than reaching into pocket and pressing a button when holding stuff like I can do with the mercedes).

Also, the warranty is great, in my Infiniti I complained about rattles and partially blown speakers, they can't do anything. Mercedes fixes the problem. However, be aware that some dealers service departments flat out STINK. And I hope you took the prepaid maintenance for around $9 or so a month, or planning on DIY, otherwise be prepared to bend over... Which brings me to my last point. The design and simplicity of a mercedes-benz is unmatched. Whether its changing a lightbulb, or performing your own oil change. The car is designed to make these tasks MUCH easier than ANY other car I have ever seen (especially over dodge and other domestics).

To do an oil-change simply remove the engine cover, hand screw off the oil filter cap, install a new one, and then get a motive extractor, connect it to the dipstick opening and pump a few times to extract all the oil). then all you do is put int eh new oil, put all the caps back on and thats it. You can change your oil in a suit without getting dirty and need MINIMAL tools. This is just one such example...
Old 12-30-2011, 02:24 AM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Off topic but how do you feel about the coupe after coming from a G37? I'm in the same boat.
The transition was crazy, I miss the power. However, coming from 8 Infiniti's I needed a break. Also, I drive hard and mod hard. I was running 12's in both of my G37s (mid 12's in the sedan) but it also got me in trouble. I totaled my sedan and after that, I told myself that I need to slow down. I needed a car asap and one of my friends work at MB so I went to him for an awesome deal. The only thing is that at that time they only had two C Coupes on the lot and to get the deal I wanted I had to choose one of them. My current C doesn't have the Lighting Package or Keyless go which are a must have for me. My last two cars had them and I didn't realize how much I miss those features until now. lol Overall, I like the fit and finish of the C coupe. Hands down, the materials, internals, interior and exterior fit and finish is way above Infiniti. I hate to be a trader, but even with the modifications I had on my Infiniti's, practically every one I see say they like my C coupe better. Plus its an MB lol Brand ****** I also added some pics of my previous infinitis.

So I just got my new LED parking lights and...-7418_155312367308_747207308_2785568_996107_n.jpg
So I just got my new LED parking lights and...-7418_155313457308_747207308_2785573_2432402_n.jpg
So I just got my new LED parking lights and...-192060_10150114020522309_747207308_6563430_4318908_o.jpg
Old 12-30-2011, 02:37 AM

2013 C204
Originally Posted by DameMD
The transition was crazy, I miss the power. However, coming from 8 Infiniti's I needed a break. Also, I drive hard and mod hard. I was running 12's in both of my G37s (mid 12's in the sedan)
My mods were more show than go but I still loved my Infiniti. I definitely turned some heads when I had everything on the car. The Mercedes is definitely the better interior in nearly every aspect. Its an adjustment to get used to this car but I certainly can't say that I'm unfortunate lol. Nothing to complain about really.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:08 PM

2013 C204
So my AZNoptics bulbs came in. But I have no friggen clue as to how I would take out the parking light housing. It seems like its held on by two clips and I tried everything to get it out. Help!
Old 12-31-2011, 05:15 PM

2012 C250 Coupe
So my AZNoptics bulbs came in. But I have no friggen clue as to how I would take out the parking light housing. It seems like its held on by two clips and I tried everything to get it out. Help!
I had similar difficulties. I pulled one out with a pair of needle nose pliers but there was no way that was gonna happen with the one by the windshield washer fluid reservoir. I ended up just pulling that one out by the wires, which is probably bad advice to give you but I will say those wires are soldered on very, very well

There are no clips, just notches on each side of the socket. They just need a good yank

Last edited by bshrode; 12-31-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:47 PM

2013 C204
Okay so I made a colossal f*ck up. After I placed the LED into the drivers side the bulb dropped into the headlight housing!!! I'm trying not to Freak out right now, I have no idea how or if I could ever get this thing out of the headlight housing. Any advice???
Old 12-31-2011, 09:17 PM

2012 C250 Coupe
Okay so I made a colossal f*ck up. After I placed the LED into the drivers side the bulb dropped into the headlight housing!!! I'm trying not to Freak out right now, I have no idea how or if I could ever get this thing out of the headlight housing. Any advice???

No bueno...

Too bad it had to be the drivers side one, that's gonna make it difficult. The LED isn't magnetic at all, so that rules that out. Only thing I can think of is maybe affixing something really adhesive like a mounting square wrapped around something else, thin and flexible, like a coat hanger? Maybe someone else can think of something better. I have no idea how to remove the housing itself from the car. Good luck man, let us know how it turns out

Last edited by bshrode; 01-01-2012 at 01:44 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:16 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4

Flexible wire claw and patience. Otherwise remove the headlight assembly and shake it out.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Ouch, that stinks. You could try to put some double sided tape on a stick or something and get it that way... As far as getting them out, they are a PITA on the new coupes, much easier on the previous w204 (at least on the driver side). There are no clips, only the headlight bulbs have those clips. The parking light is that orange plastic housing. You just have to try to get fingers or pliers or something around it and pull it out. It just snaps into grooves into place.

I usually get frustrated and end up just pulling it out by the wires. And like the other person who did this, have had no issues, but other people have pulled the wires out and created an extra headache, so I wouldn't recommend it, only a last resort option.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:47 PM

2013 C204
So I'm gonna try and take this thing out now that I've gotten the tool...

Last edited by Igor1080; 01-01-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:49 PM

2013 C204
Originally Posted by AZN Optics

Flexible wire claw and patience. Otherwise remove the headlight assembly and shake it out.
Thank you for the suggestion. It almost worked. I got as far as touching the LED with the claw but the claw couldn't get a grip so it only managed to push it further into a deeper part of the housing. Now its completely stuck in there. So the only option is to remove the headlight and shake it out. I'll leave it in there for now because its hardly visible. It bothers the sh*t out of me that its there but I can't do much at the moment.

Also I sent you a PM so let me know if that possible.

So I just got my new LED parking lights and...-65bae812.jpg
This is the headlight from the front.

This is zoomed in you can see the LED stuck in the upper left corner.

I did however manage to get a comparison shot due to this whole f*cked up situation. So if anyone wants to change their parking lights this is a good idea, just be careful lol.

So I just got my new LED parking lights and...-3a852e46.jpg Before

So I just got my new LED parking lights and...-c557e791.jpg After

Last edited by Igor1080; 01-01-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300, 2012 GLK350, 2012 C350C
damn, tried to get the driver side parking light out and left it to brainstorm...

any good ideas to get that bulb out easily?
Old 01-03-2012, 09:58 PM

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by hellasmania219
damn, tried to get the driver side parking light out and left it to brainstorm...

any good ideas to get that bulb out easily?
There was no way I could have gotten that one out with out yanking it by the wire...
Old 01-04-2012, 12:46 AM

2012 c300, 2013 328i xdrive coupe
Originally Posted by bshrode
There was no way I could have gotten that one out with out yanking it by the wire...
parking light - i yanked the wire too. so stupid, but it worked. azn bulbs looks great.

not even going to try the headlight h7, especially the driver side.

oh - and car's engine light is on at 2,500 miles, shaking, sad.

dealer mañana.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:09 AM

mbw
Thank you for the awesome write up. All is clarified now. I'm gonna go with Diamondvision h7's for the low beams and AZNoptics for the parking lights. I'll see later on whether I want to change my high beams.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:52 AM

2012 C350 Coupe
For those that have installed Diamond Vision H7's for low beams, how do you like them?
I was planning on purchasing these but found it odd that carbulbsdirect.com mentions that these are not road legal. True?
(Are they legal to use and do I need to modify my vehicle?

The product is not road legal but is directly interchangeable with your existing bulbs.)

Anyone try the X-treme Vision H7's ?
Old 01-14-2012, 12:34 PM

2013 C204
Okay I got my diamond vision bulbs today in the mail. HK post takes forever, don't purchase them off of eBay. Can anyone explain to me how to get the headlight bulb out of the holder? I noticed there was a small metal clip but flexing that doesn't make it come out. I tried turning it but that didn't help either. If anyone has advice I'd appreciate it.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:48 PM

2012 BMW F30 (328i) Sport Line
Igor good luck with the new bulbs keep us updated on the process!
Old 01-14-2012, 03:39 PM

2013 C204
Okay so I got the lights in. The trick is to twist the headlight bulb as you pull it out. Make sure to wear gloves and not to touch the bulbs with your bare hands. Also be careful not to scratch the top coating against the headlight housing or shroud, I think that will take away from the life of the bulb. Unfortunately I had to experiment a little before I got it done so now I know what NOT to do.

These headlights seem to glow a brighter white than the standard H7's. I'll try to compare it to nighttime and driving in the rain when I get the chance. They definitely match the AZNoptics 5000k LED's much better than the standard bulbs.

Philips Diamondvision H7
So I just got my new LED parking lights and...-e219e724.jpg

So I just got my new LED parking lights and...-05b203b2.jpg

So I just got my new LED parking lights and...-476ad7cd.jpg

Standard bulbs
So I just got my new LED parking lights and...-6448376a.jpg

So I just got my new LED parking lights and...-4e3b04b9.jpg

Last edited by Igor1080; 01-14-2012 at 03:45 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So I just got my new LED parking lights and...