Speed Limit Assist

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 CDI coupe, Obsidian Black Vision Pack, Drive Assist Plus pack, Comfort Pack, Rev Camera
Speed Limit Assist

Is there a way to enable this feature as the Oz cars have this disabled.

I can get the nav menu to display speed limit function however not the speed limit assist in the instrument cluster.

Anyone?
Old 01-05-2012, 12:59 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by jkyriakou

I can get the nav menu to display speed limit function however not the speed limit assist in the instrument cluster.

Anyone?
I may be wrong but AFAIK the speed limit assist is part of the driver assist package of features, (I have a code listing for it at home I can print up for you later) so if you don't have the driver assist package you won't be able to access that function, but as said I'm not entirely sure if I'm correct
Old 01-05-2012, 01:02 AM

C250 CDI coupe, Obsidian Black Vision Pack, Drive Assist Plus pack, Comfort Pack, Rev Camera
I have the drive assist pack however MB Australia have chosen to disable this feature here as they say the signs in Australia can cause the system to be confused or not pick them up.

Considering the nav system is powered by whereis and they include speed limit data on their nav map data seems like a silly decision to me.

All the hardware is there just the software isn't enabled.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:10 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
I have the drive assist pack however MB Australia have chosen to disable this feature here as they say the signs in Australia can cause the system to be confused or not pick them up.

Considering the nav system is powered by whereis and they include speed limit data on their nav map data seems like a silly decision to me.

All the hardware is there just the software isn't enabled.
That's interesting info and certainly both you and I would feel a little left out after paying extra for those features if you can't actually use them

How about trying someone at the dealership (a technician maybe) to see if they can help

When my C Coupe arrives I'm going to be hassling my sales rep (who seems to be very willing to help in all matters) if I encounter these sorts of aspects with the car.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Comand Engineering menu mentions some type of speed limit feature that is listed as disabled. Don't remember how to exactly find it once inside the menu, but navigate around, you can find it. Just be careful about changning stuff you have no idea what they mean, it could really Efff up your stuff.

On the center comand console Hold "End Call Button" "# key" and number "1" until it pops up on the comand screen. Enjoy!
Old 01-05-2012, 01:27 AM

Yeah

That adds the menu item to the nav to display speed limits however will do nothing unless the speed limit assist is enabled

I've heard of another 'secret' menu accessible through the steering control

May need to play some more.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Oh, I'm sorry, I don't know then. The "Other" secret menu through the steering wheel isn't as dramatic or secretive. It is acutally the service menu. It is accessed by having the car in park, doors closed, key in position 1 and holding the "accept call" button and "OK" button together until the menu pops up.

This service menu lets you see vehicle data (such as battery level, amps, etc; vin, and other vehicle specific information), also lets you enable Dyno mode (fully disables traction control and other safety features I believe. Kinda un-safe though, and you really should only enable it for an acutal dyno and not everyday driving. And lastly, lets you reset the vehicle service message.

Trending Topics

Old 01-05-2012, 11:19 PM

VW Golf MKVI 118TSI and C250 CDI Coupe (on order)
I think I saw something along these lines mentioned on the online interactive owners manual which can be accessed via the mbaus website (redirected to overseas site). There was definitely a section on speed limit detection and enabling it through the controls on the steering wheel.

Hope that helps!
Old 05-12-2012, 03:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C350 Coupe 4M
Yeah

That adds the menu item to the nav to display speed limits however will do nothing unless the speed limit assist is enabled

I've heard of another 'secret' menu accessible through the steering control

May need to play some more.
Had any luck? I played around with the MBC Speed Limit feature and turned it on though it doesn't seem to have done anything.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jubair Ahmed
Had any luck? I played around with the MBC Speed Limit feature and turned it on though it doesn't seem to have done anything.
it adds a command in your nv to display speed limits but does nothing....
Old 09-27-2013, 12:13 PM

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
E43AMG

Anyone?
SLA activation