Which AMG wheels to get on the C coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 335i Convertible
Which AMG wheels to get on the C coupe?

Hey everyone! I am new to the MB world as well as this forum. I have just ordered a white C250 Cgi with Flamenco Red interior and panoramic roof. Although I am very happy with the exterior/interior colour combination I still can't make up my mind about which wheels to get.

I initially opted for the 18" amg sport wheels (code 786) but thinking of getting the 18" AMG twin spoke wheels which are standard on the C63 AMG. Do you guys think they will look well on the car?

Also, I have opted for the Privacy glass option (tinted rear side windows and rear windscreen) but I am not too sure if they will look good.
Without tints

With tints.

I would really appreciate if you guys can give me your opinions regarding these questions as I can still modify my order .

Thanks,
Yusuf
Old 01-09-2012, 11:55 PM

2012 C350 Coupe
my white c350 came with the standard 17" amg 5 spoke wheels but after looking at the photo gallery... go for the 18" ... not a big fan of the 7 spoke tho
Old 01-10-2012, 01:37 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Hello yusufoglo.y

My C250 order is the same colour combination (specifically diamond white) and wheel choice as what you've outline above

IMO the twin 5 spoke AMG 786 is the best looking MB OEM wheel available for the non AMG C Coupe range

AFAIK the AMG 18" C63 twin 5 spoke wheel has slightly different offsets to the others, so check first to see if they mount up with no problems for your C250
Old 01-10-2012, 02:03 AM

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
GTS AMG
Decided on the seven spoke AMG wheel. It's new and fresh. It's also much easier to keep clean. It's really a matter of taste. Go with best suits your taste. The seven spoke wheel really shows the discs as your car is in motion.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 c250 Coupe
Originally Posted by CAracer
Decided on the seven spoke AMG wheel. It's new and fresh. It's also much easier to keep clean. It's really a matter of taste. Go with best suits your taste. The seven spoke wheel really shows the discs as your car is in motion.
Good choice either way. May I ask where you're getting your wheels from and how much? I'm in the market too.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:48 AM

C250 CDI coupe, Obsidian Black Vision Pack, Drive Assist Plus pack, Comfort Pack, Rev Camera
AMG wheels IMHO look much nicer. As for the privacy glass it looks awesome on the diamond white but you will resort to tints (I did cause I couldn't stand it) 15% matches well or even 17 if you can find it. You also need a blue tint otherwise there will be a slight colour mismatch as most tints are green (as is the standard windows) that will only show up inside the car(looking out).

MB use a blue hue for their glass as it allows better visibility looking out whilst maintaining privacy looking in.

Privacy is standard for Oz cars.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:41 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by jkyriakou
AMG wheels IMHO look much nicer. As for the privacy glass it looks awesome on the diamond white but you will resort to tints (I did cause I couldn't stand it) 15% matches well or even 17 if you can find it. You also need a blue tint otherwise there will be a slight colour mismatch as most tints are green (as is the standard windows) that will only show up inside the car(looking out).

MB use a blue hue for their glass as it allows better visibility looking out whilst maintaining privacy looking in.

Thanks for the advice on the tint jkyriakou, I'll have to check up on all these tint specifics when the time comes

Mine will be diamond white, so I really want the right tint choice to finish if off perfectly
Old 01-10-2012, 09:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 GLC300 / 2021 C300
I have the stock 17" AMG Wheels and am quite happy with them. Don't care much for the seven spoke and am worried that 18"+ wheels with low profile tires are too high a risk for bending the rim. If you purchased Wheel insurance then get whatever you like.

Also, one piece of advice as an alternative to wheel insurance is to purchase a set of used OEM wheels off Ebay or similar site. I have done this twice and used the second set for winter tires but if one wheel became bent I could swap it out with one of the used ones. Also made winter switch a lot easier and after a few years of paying to switch to and from summer to winter actually cheaper. If you are in a warm climate then use the wheels for summer or track tires. IMHO
Old 01-11-2012, 03:50 PM

BMW 335i Convertible
Originally Posted by AV1
Hello yusufoglo.y

My C250 order is the same colour combination (specifically diamond white) and wheel choice as what you've outline above

IMO the twin 5 spoke AMG 786 is the best looking MB OEM wheel available for the non AMG C Coupe range

AFAIK the AMG 18" C63 twin 5 spoke wheel has slightly different offsets to the others, so check first to see if they mount up with no problems for your C250
Hi AV1,

You are right, the C63 wheels has different offsets to the others. Although the rear tyre size is the same (255/35 R18) the front tyre is different. I spoke with my local dealerships and was told that they will fit fine .

Congrats for your order . Have you added the privacy glass in your C250? Although I was told (by the MB sales rep that it makes a big difference with the colour combination I went for, I am not too sure about it.

Y.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:59 PM

BMW 335i Convertible
Originally Posted by jkyriakou

Hello Jykriakou,
Thanks for your reply and for your advice! I am very interested to see how your C-coupe looks with the tints if you have any photos handy?

Y.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:51 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by yusufoglu.y
Hi AV1,

You are right, the C63 wheels has different offsets to the others. Although the rear tyre size is the same (255/35 R18) the front tyre is different. I spoke with my local dealerships and was told that they will fit fine .

Congrats for your order . Have you added the privacy glass in your C250? Although I was told (by the MB sales rep that it makes a big difference with the colour combination I went for, I am not too sure about it.

Y.
Thank you for the congrats yusufoglu.y

Regarding the privacy tint, here in Australia when you order the C250 variant and up with the 'vision package' which includes panoramic roof and BiXenon headlights you get the privacy glass standard and they will not omit that feature separately.

So I'll have to eventually sort out the tint for the front window glass.

I've seen just about all the colours now available of this vehicle with the privacy tint and all look good !

It's gets a little lost with black as there's hardly any contrast, however it looks fantastic with the lighter colours

I'll look forward to pics of your car with the OEM C63 wheels on it, it'll look awesome !
Old 07-20-2012, 10:29 AM

BMW 335i Convertible
Just picked my 2013 C250 coupe from the dealer few days ago. Here are some quick snaps I took with my phone. Will post better quality pictures once i give it a nice wash

Specs:
Polar White/Flamenco Red
18" Amg twin-spoke wheels - C63 Standard (Code 795)
Privacy Glass