C250 Coupe Tune available from Burger-Motorsports?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 11:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 c250 Coupe
Originally Posted by nlpamg
Honestly, I don't want to deal with this. I just wanted some added power to my car with no issues.

If I wanted real power, I can drive my GT-R. This car was supposed to be a calm commuter that I wouldn't have to worry about and that I could take where I couldn't take my other cars (e.g. when I have to valet park it).

The power loss is not like a Prius, it's worse.

That being said, I'm not too impressed by it or happy with it.

I'm going to sell it:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-c...s-jb-c250.html
You will spend less time disconnecting the battery rather than selling, packing, and shipping the tune to someone else. You have to at least give it a try.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250
JB+

Hey guys I just got my JB+ and installed it. Thanks for the notes and tips. the MAP sensor was a ***** to get off and just took time to keep working it. The rest was easy. I second a lot of the concerns about the lack of a solid connection on the connector and the overboost issue. It feels a bit jerky sometimes and you feel the turbo cut out. I think I dialed mine up to around 75% and I think I will dial it down a tiny bit to hopefully keep that from happening. I agree I would rather take the extra power and the small issues than go back to stock.

also I wonder if the unit can handle the heat. I love in Las Vegas and its the dead of summer now. I am going to order the air intake now and stay tuned for more updates on the product. I LOVE it.
Side note: I leased a C250 in april and 3 months to the day a kid lost control of his new Camaro and crashed into me on the freeway, totaling my Benz out. I just leased another one . Arctic white with black interior. LOVE IT. keep the mods coming.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:48 PM

2012 C250
My picture is of the old one!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:29 AM

2012 C250
I installed my JB+ on Sunday . First thing I did was disconnect the negative terminal on the battery. Then I proceeded to install the tune. It took me probably 20 minutes as I had a lot of trouble with the connectors(probably just me being extra careful not to break them, but they are a pain). I placed a wrap of electrical tape across the one "friction fit" connector for my peace of mind. Everything fit well.

Then I reconnected the battery. So it was disconnected for at least 20 minutes. Started the car and no settings had been lost that I could see.

I imagine I am not as aggressive a driver as many in this forum. I bought the car for quiet, comfort, looks and gas mileage, not for speed. I love the car but hated the turbo lag. I found it to be on the edge of dangerous.

I did not touch the stock settings on the tune. I am very happy with the my initial driving experience although it has only been a couple days. As I believe I read earlier in this thread it feels like I am driving in S mode now while I am in E mode. The lag is much less pronounced and that was the main reason I purchased this. No it is not perfect but I am much happier with the way it drives now vs before. I would say 75-80% better.

I have not had a chance to get into it hard, such as when passing but it does accelerate smoothly when I step on it. I cannot tell any real difference in that regard but I have no complaints at this point.

I will report back to the forum in a couple weeks with more impressions and gas mileage results as I am really curious how that will look.

Thanks for all the other posts. Information is king.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:21 AM

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
2017 E400 Coupe & 2018 GLC43
Originally Posted by pparker1213
I placed a wrap of electrical tape across the one "friction fit" connector for my peace of mind.
~ i did the same thing to mine by adding electrical tape to the press fit connection.

however... lately under heavier acceleration... i am noticing cut out (and i have never opened the box to adjust the settings). this is bothersome to me. perhaps i will place a call to the supplier for suggestions.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:53 AM

2012 c250 Coupe
[quote=Vegasmerc;5327999] I second a lot of the concerns about the lack of a solid connection on the connector and the overboost issue. It feels a bit jerky sometimes and you feel the turbo cut out. I think I dialed mine up to around 75% and I think I will dial it down a tiny bit to hopefully keep that from happening. I agree I would rather take the extra power and the small issues than go back to stock.

QUOTE]

Originally Posted by andrew c coupe

however... lately under heavier acceleration... i am noticing cut out (and i have never opened the box to adjust the settings). this is bothersome to me. perhaps i will place a call to the supplier for suggestions.
Vegasmerc / Andrew,
Did you two already try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes to see if it fixes the "turbo cut out" aka limp mode issue? I would like to get confirmation that this actually fixes the issue. Worked for me...
Old 08-21-2012, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Well, I was skeptical that disconnecting the negative battery terminal for 10 minutes would do anything... But I am sure glad I did it. Acceleration is MUCH smoother, little to no jerkiness, and none of the inconsistent acceleration. DEFINITELY do it if you are experiencing any problems. I am at 100% tune power, have the intake and a free-flowing quad exhaust setup. The car doesn't seem to just blow all this crazy amount of air out of the exhaust like it used to. Previously when aggresively accelerating (around 65% accelerator depression) the car would shift and then feel like the engine was bogged down with too much boost or air. Now this issue doesn't happen or if it starts to occur, the engine quickly adjusts boost and fixes it. Much happier.

For instance, in some of my videos of my aftermarket quad exhaust. When shifting you can hear a release of air out of the back exhaust tips. It is similar to a C63 sound when shifting, but not nearly as aggressive. I would previously have this sound even when moderately accelerating. But now I only get this on WOT shifts. Additionally, my car pulls MUCH better, especially under WOT. I am going to do a new 0-60 run and post it to YouTube, I expect much better results.

Last edited by jctevere; 08-21-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C204
I have no issues with overboost and or engine cutting out. I think I'm like the 3rd person on the forum to have the tune so I've had it for long enough. Also mine is turned up to 80% so I'm not quite sure what you guys are experiencing but my car is fine at the moment.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:05 PM

2012 c250 Coupe
Originally Posted by jctevere
Well, I was skeptical that disconnecting the negative battery terminal for 10 minutes would do anything... But I am sure glad I did it. Acceleration is MUCH smoother, little to no jerkiness, and none of the inconsistent acceleration. DEFINITELY do it if you are experiencing any problems. I am at 100% tune power, have the intake and a free-flowing quad exhaust setup. The car doesn't seem to just blow all this crazy amount of air out of the exhaust like it used to. Previously when aggresively accelerating (around 65% accelerator depression) the car would shift and then feel like the engine was bogged down with too much boost or air. Now this issue doesn't happen or if it starts to occur, the engine quickly adjusts boost and fixes it. Much happier.

For instance, in some of my videos of my aftermarket quad exhaust. When shifting you can hear a release of air out of the back exhaust tips. It is similar to a C63 sound when shifting, but not nearly as aggressive. I would previously have this sound even when moderately accelerating. But now I only get this on WOT shifts. Additionally, my car pulls MUCH better, especially under WOT. I am going to do a new 0-60 run and post it to YouTube, I expect much better results.
That's great news jctevere. Feels like a brand new car now doesn't it?

I'm guessing that any power adjustment to jbtune may warrant a battery disconnect to reset ecu because the ecu seems to have issues automatically adjusting to boost and air/fuel changes from the tune. If there is anything I learned from working in the IT industry is to reboot your computer/server everytime you make any big changes. ECU is basically a computer module so rebooting the sucker seems appropriate.

Also, I think my mpg went up too because I've been getting 34-35mpg on my freeway drive to work in light traffic since battery disconnect vs 32-33mpg previously. I've gotten 35.6mpg a few times already.

Last edited by Kevin82; 08-21-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin82
Did you already try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes to see if it fixes the "turbo cut out" aka limp mode issue? I would like to get confirmation that this actually fixes the issue. Worked for me...
~ i will give this a try.. thanks!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
That's great news jctevere. Feels like a brand new car now doesn't it?

I'm guessing that any power adjustment to jbtune may warrant a battery disconnect to reset ecu because the ecu seems to have issues automatically adjusting to boost and air/fuel changes from the tune. If there is anything I learned from working in the IT industry is to reboot your computer/server everytime you make any big changes. ECU is basically a computer module so rebooting the sucker seems appropriate.

Also, I think my mpg went up too because I've been getting 34-35mpg on my freeway drive to work in light traffic since battery disconnect vs 32-33mpg previously. I've gotten 35.6mpg a few times already.
Haha, exactly right. Feels MUCH better. I also can confirm that fuel economy is improved. I was driving like a maniac trying to set off the OverBoost on purpose, and I still averaged a good 26.8 mpg trip average, whereas my usual average is around 23.6 for that same trip. Very odd. But I'm not complaining!

Lastly, you still can get overboost with this, its not a 100% fix. Its just VERY difficult to get overboost after doing this. Like I said, I was purposely using driving characteristics that would set it off, and it still took a while for me to hit overboost AND I'm at 100% tune power. Additionally, when I did hit overboost, the car didn't feel nearly as much of a "slouch" on the highway in limp mode. I almost wasn't sure that I was in overboost mode. However, when you get down below 45mph ish the car feels like a boat again in overboost mode. Also, when you shift in overboost mode, you get a nice lurch in power, kind of funny.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:50 AM

2012 c250 Coupe
Originally Posted by jctevere
Haha, exactly right. Feels MUCH better. I also can confirm that fuel economy is improved. I was driving like a maniac trying to set off the OverBoost on purpose, and I still averaged a good 26.8 mpg trip average, whereas my usual average is around 23.6 for that same trip. Very odd. But I'm not complaining!

Lastly, you still can get overboost with this, its not a 100% fix. Its just VERY difficult to get overboost after doing this. Like I said, I was purposely using driving characteristics that would set it off, and it still took a while for me to hit overboost AND I'm at 100% tune power. Additionally, when I did hit overboost, the car didn't feel nearly as much of a "slouch" on the highway in limp mode. I almost wasn't sure that I was in overboost mode. However, when you get down below 45mph ish the car feels like a boat again in overboost mode. Also, when you shift in overboost mode, you get a nice lurch in power, kind of funny.
Wonder how the 0-60 times are now wink wink
Old 08-24-2012, 11:55 AM
ON SUSPENSION

11'W212 E550-11'W219 550 -12'X204 4MATIC- 12'W204 M271 1.8T
Hi guys where is the DIVERTER VALVE For this M271 please let me knoW- also please provide a picture of where its located tell me if it has 2 or 3 screws
THANKS!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 11:57 AM

2012 c250 Coupe
Originally Posted by DucatiCLS550
Hi guys where is the DIVERTER VALVE For this M271 please let me knoW- also please provide a picture of where its located tell me if it has 2 or 3 screws
THANKS!!!
? Are you in the right thread?
Old 08-26-2012, 11:43 PM

C250 Coupe 2011 AMG Package
Nlpamg and jctevere,

Do the battery disconnect (negative terminal) for 10 minutes. Trust me on this. I experienced the same exact symptoms both of you had:

1) losing boost/limp mode jumping on freeway in the morning (always in the morning, never after work)
2) having to let go of throttle when the car is "lurching" or else it will go to limp mode

Battery disconnect made the car much more smooth. I don't get that lurch and shifts feel smoother.

It's easy to get to battery: remove that plastic air circulation box on the upper left corner of engine bay by unclipping the 3 clips then then battery is right there.

You will thank me later.
Is it reset all? include radio, time, etc?
Old 08-27-2012, 01:12 AM

2012 c250 Coupe
Originally Posted by paleface

Didn't reset anything for me.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:18 AM

C250 Coupe 2011 AMG Package
Didn't reset anything for me.
Nlpamg and jctevere,

Do the battery disconnect (negative terminal) for 10 minutes. Trust me on this. I experienced the same exact symptoms both of you had:

1) losing boost/limp mode jumping on freeway in the morning (always in the morning, never after work)
2) having to let go of throttle when the car is "lurching" or else it will go to limp mode

Battery disconnect made the car much more smooth. I don't get that lurch and shifts feel smoother.

It's easy to get to battery: remove that plastic air circulation box on the upper left corner of engine bay by unclipping the 3 clips then then battery is right there.

You will thank me later.
sorry, i forgot. My car have 2 battery, 1 at the engine compartment, and the other at the trunk. So which one do i have to disconnect?
thx alot
Old 08-27-2012, 02:50 AM

2012 C250CDI Coupe VP1 AMG pack
anyone tried a diesel C250

Has anyone tried any of the chips on 250 CDI Diesel?
I have been looking at Chip Express any experiences?
Old 08-27-2012, 11:49 AM

2012 c250 Coupe
sorry, i forgot. My car have 2 battery, 1 at the engine compartment, and the other at the trunk. So which one do i have to disconnect?
thx alot
Do all c250's have two batteries?

For me I just disconnected the one in engine bay.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Nothing was reset on my vehicle. I just removed the negative terminal from the battery in the engine compartment. (You remove a black palsic cover right under the widnshield on the passenger side to access it). Then you just take out the appropriate size connector on your wrench and remove the negative terminal clamp.

The only thing was that the clock in my car was off by 10-15 minutes (as long as the battery was disconnected for), but it quickly readjusted I'm assuming from the navigation system.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:38 PM

C350 coupe
C350

hey guys do you know if the tune and intake fit and work on the c350 coupe??? Dying to get some more power from her
Old 08-27-2012, 09:40 PM

C350 coupe
Hey guys will the tune and intake fit on the c350 coupe? Or do you know of anything I can do to get more power out of her?
Old 08-27-2012, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
No the tune will not apply to the C350 coupe. The C350 has no turbo (which this tune adjusts in the parameters). It is a N/A engine (naturally aspirated). You can't really squeeze much power out of an N/A engine... This intake will not fit the C350 either. However, if you wish, you can probably find a K&N filter that will drop into your factory airbox location, giving you a different sound, and possibly a bit more air-flow for your engine to work with.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:01 PM

2012 C250
Vegasmerc / Andrew,
Did you two already try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes to see if it fixes the "turbo cut out" aka limp mode issue? I would like to get confirmation that this actually fixes the issue. Worked for me...[/QUOTE]

I never did disconnect the battery but I had the same problem. I noticed it seemed to happen when the car just started up for a few minutes . I just installed the cold air intake and took it for a test drive again. Now I get it. The guys at Burger are smart. It's faster and more powerful but the real turn on is that I can run the car in echo mode and it runs like a regula V6 with absolutely no lag and all the power you need in the low end. It corrects all the drivability problems that it comes with stock, running in echo mode. It also corrects the whip lash it gives you once the boost kicks in when running it stock with echo or sport. It's smooths the whole experience out.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Vegasmerc
Vegasmerc / Andrew,
Did you two already try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes to see if it fixes the "turbo cut out" aka limp mode issue? I would like to get confirmation that this actually fixes the issue. Worked for me...
~ seem to aid for me as well. so far so good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C250 Coupe Tune available from Burger-Motorsports?