C250 Coupe Tune available from Burger-Motorsports?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by dave405nyc
Would you happen to know what the error code was? Should hopefully be listed on the work order receipt.

I say to still get the JB+, totally worth it. I've had it on since January with no issues @ 65%. And if a CEL came on, I would read the code to make sure it's not related to the tune, and clear it. If it comes back on, then I would take it to the dealer (sans tune).
When you say CEL are you referring to the little yellow/orange engine light on the lower right hand side of the gauges? I have the tune in for about a week and my light is now on. It seems as though after I turned the car off and back on that the performance is back to normal, but the light remains lit.

How would I read the code and clear it as you mentioned?

Much appreciated
Old 01-08-2013, 01:54 PM

C250C
Originally Posted by 2012 C250 Coupe
When you say CEL are you referring to the little yellow/orange engine light on the lower right hand side of the gauges? I have the tune in for about a week and my light is now on. It seems as though after I turned the car off and back on that the performance is back to normal, but the light remains lit.

How would I read the code and clear it as you mentioned?

Much appreciated

I ran the code and it was for overboost. I took it to my shop (work at MB) and had them reset the code. No help it popped back back on. I have it tuned to 65% too.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:13 PM

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by Twanboat
I ran the code and it was for overboost. I took it to my shop (work at MB) and had them reset the code. No help it popped back back on. I have it tuned to 65% too.
I am sorry to be annoying, but what do you mean by "I ran the code"?
I don't see any code or anything besides the little yellow/orange light (pictures below) on the right RPM guage. I do not know how to get it to go away...Is there anyway to reset it without taking it to a shop and having them clear it? I disconnected the negative terminal on my battery last night for 15 minutes and it is still there today.

Someone please help. Much appreciated.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:18 PM

C250C
Unplugging the terminal will not work because there is a secondary battery in the car. In order to get the code your looking foe which is what is turning on that yellow engine light is to go to any shop or anyone you know that has a car scanner.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:27 PM

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by Twanboat
Unplugging the terminal will not work because there is a secondary battery in the car. In order to get the code your looking foe which is what is turning on that yellow engine light is to go to any shop or anyone you know that has a car scanner.
So bottom line the only way to get the light off is to take it somewhere and have it cleared?
Old 01-08-2013, 02:28 PM

2012 C250 Coupe
ANYONE PLEASE ANSWER THIS!

What is meant when people say CEL? Is it the little orange/yellow light in this picture or not?

Old 01-08-2013, 02:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
[QUOTE=2012 C250 Coupe;5497664]ANYONE PLEASE ANSWER THIS!

What is meant when people say CEL? Is it the little orange/yellow light in this picture or not?

Yes. CEL = Check Engine Light ie the light that you have on. If it were me I'd remove the tune.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackjackM

If it were me I'd remove the tune.
.................or, just turn it down a few % (as a lot of us have done and cured the overboost)
Old 01-09-2013, 10:40 AM

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by LouZ
.................or, just turn it down a few % (as a lot of us have done and cured the overboost)
I did turn it down...I originally had it at about 75-80%...Then I adjusted it to about 50-55%...The car seems to feel fine now, just the CEL is still on. This is basically what happened in order:

I installed the JB+ Tune on my 2012 C250 Coupe last week. When it is working without issue I love it and can’t believe the power gain without changing any performance parts. However, I have a few questions I need help with and would really appreciate if anyone has anything helpful to share.

1-I installed the tune 4-5 days ago.
a.First night – had it set to around 75-80%. I test drove it VERY hard and it performed great and did not give any CEL or Overboost code at all
b.Second day – no issues on the way to work. After work I did some driving around and at one point I believe I went into ‘Limp Mode’ (basically no power when I hit the gas) but I didn’t get any check engine light. I turned the car on and off and everything was fine.
i.When I got home I opened the tune and adjusted the dial back to where it was when I got it. 50-55% approximately.
c.Third day- Yellow/orange CEL light up and the car got less powerful. I turned it on and off and it felt fine, but the light stayed on.
d.Currently - Since that the car seems okay and feels like it is running fine, but that light is still on.
e.Do you know how to get that light off? I disconnected the negative battery terminal under the hood last night for a little over 10 minutes and it is still lit up…
2-Do you have a recommendation on how to set the tune so that I won’t get any errors or loss of power on a daily basis?
Old 01-09-2013, 06:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did turn it down...I originally had it at about 75-80%...Then I adjusted it to about 50-55%...The car seems to feel fine now, just the CEL is still on. This is basically what happened in order:

I installed the JB+ Tune on my 2012 C250 Coupe last week. When it is working without issue I love it and can’t believe the power gain without changing any performance parts. However, I have a few questions I need help with and would really appreciate if anyone has anything helpful to share.

a.First night – had it set to around 75-80%. I test drove it VERY hard and it performed great and did not give any CEL or Overboost code at all
b.Second day – no issues on the way to work. After work I did some driving around and at one point I believe I went into ‘Limp Mode’ (basically no power when I hit the gas) but I didn’t get any check engine light. I turned the car on and off and everything was fine.
i.When I got home I opened the tune and adjusted the dial back to where it was when I got it. 50-55% approximately.
c.Third day- Yellow/orange CEL light up and the car got less powerful. I turned it on and off and it felt fine, but the light stayed on.
d.Currently - Since that the car seems okay and feels like it is running fine, but that light is still on.
e.Do you know how to get that light off? I disconnected the negative battery terminal under the hood last night for a little over 10 minutes and it is still lit up…
2-Do you have a recommendation on how to set the tune so that I won’t get any errors or loss of power on a daily basis?
I dialed my unit to about 60%, down from 70%, and with hard driving, have not set off the overboost again.

To reset the CEL, there are 2 ways:
1. go to an AutoZone (or other nearby auto parts store. They will reset it for nothing (I tip the guy a few bucks).
2. buy an OBDII can-bus reader for as little as $50. If you have a Harbor Freight nearby, or go online, they have a good one for the home for $90 to $120. Plug it in to the OBD port and read and/or clear codes.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 c250 Coupe

I would first turn the tune down to the lowest setting and disconnect battery for 10 minutes to see if CEL goes away. If it does, turn tune up 25% to see if CEL turns on and go from there.

If that doesn't work, try removing tune and disconnecting battery for 10 minutes.

If that doesn't work, remove tune and go to your dealer to have them reset. Tell them that CEL just came on one day for no reason.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:42 PM
tjk

C250 Coupe
Sorry for bringing up the competitor in this topic, but since I already have the intake and think of getting the tune, there is a question.

Here is the jb+ setup guide: http://burgertuning.com/instructions...50_install.pdf
it uses two plugs in the front
and here is the guide for Race chip (which I own, but can't really feel the difference in performance):
http://tjk.cc/files/RaceChip_MercedesCGI.pdf
it uses one same plug in front-right side and one completely diffrerent, under the intake (and it's f* hard to plug it in/out there, need to take off the intake)

Sooo.. how come two devices which do pretty much the same thing connect in different spots? Any ideas?
Old 01-15-2013, 07:57 PM
SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tjk
Sorry for bringing up the competitor in this topic, but since I already have the intake and think of getting the tune, there is a question.

Here is the jb+ setup guide: http://burgertuning.com/instructions...50_install.pdf
it uses two plugs in the front
and here is the guide for Race chip (which I own, but can't really feel the difference in performance):
http://tjk.cc/files/RaceChip_MercedesCGI.pdf
it uses one same plug in front-right side and one completely diffrerent, under the intake (and it's f* hard to plug it in/out there, need to take off the intake)

Sooo.. how come two devices which do pretty much the same thing connect in different spots? Any ideas?
Yes our first design installed the same way. MAP+TMAP. This setup resulted in overall less torque than the wastegate+TMAP approach we settled on. Since you already spent all the money and time to install it I'm not sure its worth upgrading to the JB+ at this point though.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:26 AM
tjk

C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by Terry@BMS
Yes our first design installed the same way. MAP+TMAP. This setup resulted in overall less torque than the wastegate+TMAP approach we settled on. Since you already spent all the money and time to install it I'm not sure its worth upgrading to the JB+ at this point though.
Thanks.
I've already uninstalled it since I needed to take the car to the dealer (and they can easily call off the warranty) + it's winter time, lots of snow in Moscow and extra power is not something I need.
And the result is so poor that I would rather sell the thing and get one with a proven results. Easier setup in jb+ is a great plus too!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:46 PM

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by LouZ
I dialed my unit to about 60%, down from 70%, and with hard driving, have not set off the overboost again.

To reset the CEL, there are 2 ways:
1. go to an AutoZone (or other nearby auto parts store. They will reset it for nothing (I tip the guy a few bucks).
2. buy an OBDII can-bus reader for as little as $50. If you have a Harbor Freight nearby, or go online, they have a good one for the home for $90 to $120. Plug it in to the OBD port and read and/or clear codes.
Since the last post I turned the dial down to approx. 50-55%. I have not had any issues with overboost or limp mode and still have plenty of power. The CEL stayed on for about a week, but just as Terry told me the light went off yesterday.

As of now everything is all good. Still say that for the money this is the best possible upgrqade to get. Car accelerates like a totally different vehicle.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:36 PM

2012 C250
I've owned the JB+ for about a year and I had it dialed around 55%. I have no issues so far. I tried turning it pass 70% and the CEL will go off if I go up a small hill with the gas paddle depressed 25%. After a while, the car jurks slightly and goes into limp mode.

I don't seem to have this problem at 50-55%. I also ordered the BMS intake today and I sould get it on Friday. Looking forward to have it installed.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C Coupe
Did you guys notice any performance difference turning the JB+ dial up from the stock 50%? Eg: Turning from 50% to 70%... to 100%...

I wonder if the dyno graph on the BMS website was with the dial turned at stock 50%.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:49 AM

2012 c250 Coupe
Originally Posted by AllEyesOnMe
Did you guys notice any performance difference turning the JB+ dial up from the stock 50%? Eg: Turning from 50% to 70%... to 100%...

I wonder if the dyno graph on the BMS website was with the dial turned at stock 50%.
Big difference when I went from 50 to 90.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:38 AM

C Coupe
Originally Posted by Kevin82
Big difference when I went from 50 to 90.
I'm on stock (is it 50% or 60%?) and notice a big difference without turning up the dial. Can't wait to see what 90-100% will feel like. Crossing my fingers that I won't get overboost...

I wonder if we're able to find out what DME MBenz software version is on our cars... That way we can see which version are/aren't prone to overboost. Wouldn't that solve our issue? Basically, we all get the DME version that you have, since you're on 90% and no overboost...

I think i'm going to go slowly maybe in increments of 5% until my car hits its limits...
Old 02-01-2013, 01:37 AM

2012 c250 Coupe
Originally Posted by AllEyesOnMe
I'm on stock (is it 50% or 60%?) and notice a big difference without turning up the dial. Can't wait to see what 90-100% will feel like. Crossing my fingers that I won't get overboost...

I wonder if we're able to find out what DME MBenz software version is on our cars... That way we can see which version are/aren't prone to overboost. Wouldn't that solve our issue? Basically, we all get the DME version that you have, since you're on 90% and no overboost...

I think i'm going to go slowly maybe in increments of 5% until my car hits its limits...
Stock is 50%. I went down to 60-70% because I was getting overboost at 90%. No overboost for over a month now--cold weather may also be a factor.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:25 PM

2013 C250, 2T Ruckus
Would I notice any gains if I installed this in my 2013 c250??
Old 03-21-2013, 11:57 PM
SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Makross
Would I notice any gains if I installed this in my 2013 c250??
It makes the car much more livable.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:54 AM

C200 CGI
Finally got my JB+. Installed and tested on my 2010 C200 CGI.

0-100kmh (Base on Dynolicious)
Before: Average 8.51s (5 runs)
After: Average 7.96s (5 runs)

Set as 50%.

Terry, wondering for C200 since is a tune down engine from C250, would it be alright to set it to higher percentage? say 75%?
Old 03-25-2013, 08:37 PM

C Coupe
Originally Posted by DecemberHeat
Finally got my JB+. Installed and tested on my 2010 C200 CGI.

0-100kmh (Base on Dynolicious)
Before: Average 8.51s (5 runs)
After: Average 7.96s (5 runs)

Set as 50%.

Terry, wondering for C200 since is a tune down engine from C250, would it be alright to set it to higher percentage? say 75%?
Don't trust me on this, but what i did was increase it by 5% at a time, drive for a day, then if no issues, then increase.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:30 AM

C200 CGI
I've set it up to 70% since last night. Seems ok for now, and will report back if something bad happen. :-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C250 Coupe Tune available from Burger-Motorsports?