C250 Coupe Tune available from Burger-Motorsports?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
na
Question for you guys leasing... is it OK to install one of these onto a lease? Meaning is it possible to void your warranty or screw up your lease contract by installing one of these?
Old 03-25-2012, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
^ What mamma don't know won't hurt her...
Old 03-26-2012, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Hey guys:

I noticed that Terry had put up a picture on instruction on how to increase the power settings with the tune that nobody moved over to here. This is what he said:

"If you open up the case by removing the two small screws there is a small dial that can turned using a small flat head screwdriver. Towards the "max" increases the boost gain while towards the "min" reduces it. The adjustment range is around 2.5psi. By default we ship with and suggest the 60% setting as shown. But if you want to increase the low end boost a bit you can turn the dial towards the max setting.

At higher settings you'll notice the car will become a little less smooth at lower throttle angles and it also increases the chance you'll throw a low boost mode (which clears itself when restarting the car). Due to the weak wastegate and diverter valve system the dial will not have any effect on performance over 4000rpm."

Here is the pic he provided:

With that said, I know you guys are saying power is increased in the low-end, and due to the weak wastegate, no peak power gains. But I'm curious as to why the power or 1/4 mile times has not improved - even slightly noticeably.

I'm still going to get this as soon as I collect some cash from my receivables, lol. The only thing I hope we can get sorted out is the intermittent CEL some people are experiencing from overboost. Does anyone have any ideas on how to help prevent this from happening (besides turning down power output in the box). As in, improved wastegate, downpipe, etc. Not too knowledgeable when it comes to boosted cars...
Old 03-27-2012, 01:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C204
The CEL issue is not that serious. Its not something we're all experiencing, if you keep it at 60% you'll be fine. Don't be so worried, with all mods come complications.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:27 PM

na
Can some other people who have installed the mod chime in on how their MPG has been affected? IE if you were getting 25mp before the tune are you now getting 23?

Thanks,
Old 04-01-2012, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by hammyton
Can some other people who have installed the mod chime in on how their MPG has been affected? IE if you were getting 25mp before the tune are you now getting 23?

Thanks,
I suspect that the MPG change is not because the car is much less fuel efficient. But because people are beating on their cars to try out the new tune, and because it is more enjoyable...
Old 04-03-2012, 07:54 PM

na
Originally Posted by jctevere
I suspect that the MPG change is not because the car is much less fuel efficient. But because people are beating on their cars to try out the new tune, and because it is more enjoyable...
That makes sense.. but I also have to believe that if you are performance-minded enough to get the tune then you were probably pushing your car even without the tune.

Can anyone else chime in on their experiences with the tune? I am strongly considering getting it but would like to hear more about what reservations people that already are using it might have.

Thanks,
Old 04-03-2012, 10:16 PM

2013 C204
Originally Posted by hammyton
would like to hear more about what reservations people that already are using it might have.

Thanks,
I have none. Its awesome. IDK why all of you are waiting. Theres nothing to worry about.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:31 AM

2009 Evo X 420 AWHP, 2012 C250 Sedan
there is no better mod as far as bang for buck. period.

mb put a turbo in it.. let's use it
Old 04-18-2012, 12:34 AM

2013 C204
Lol btw I just went into overboost for the first time today. CEL came on. I turned off the car for 10 minutes and it went away. Who cares...

Anyone got an update on the intake yet?
Old 04-18-2012, 04:12 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Originally Posted by Igor1080
The CEL issue is not that serious. Its not something we're all experiencing, if you keep it at 60% you'll be fine. Don't be so worried, with all mods come complications.
I am at 80% no issues or CEL/Overboost light. I think this setting is where I will stay until we have supporting mods.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:27 PM

2012 C250
Hey guys just thought I would chime in here for a second. I looked at the intake he is making for our car and ummm, for real? I made something like that months ago and it looks exactly the same you can do a diy of this easy. Not trying to bash on them just saying it seemed like a lot of hype for something that you can make yourself?
Old 04-21-2012, 02:02 AM

2013 C204
Originally Posted by hotlikelavadan
Hey guys just thought I would chime in here for a second. I looked at the intake he is making for our car and ummm, for real? I made something like that months ago and it looks exactly the same you can do a diy of this easy. Not trying to bash on them just saying it seemed like a lot of hype for something that you can make yourself?
Some instructions or an explanation would be helpful. Considering the MB crowd isn't really big on DIY mods and half the people are too scared to even put the JB+ in their car.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:19 PM

2012 C250
Originally Posted by Igor1080
Some instructions or an explanation would be helpful. Considering the MB crowd isn't really big on DIY mods and half the people are too scared to even put the JB+ in their car.
Well it's very easy for the C250, you just remove 3 or 4 of the screws from the stock airbox. You have to loosen them almost all the way out or it won't move. Then you just pull it apart, and you are left with the stock filter inside there, good chance to clean it if you want. If you take the stock one out you will have plenty of room for a cone filter, mine is short and fat (that's what she said) but you can try different ones.I don't know the exact outlet/inlet size however it was just a guessing game. The way I did it you can still put the stock engine cover back on and it will fit. No CEL or anything since it's after MAF so you should be good.

The car is a little louder, little better low end nothing drastic. It's just a cheap easy mod that makes the car sound better and have a more enjoyable ride. I can do pics if you guys want but I am not too sure how to post them up I don't really go on forums much. The JB+ is good from what my friends told me and Burger seems alright they just aren't that amazing.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
I can't seem to find the forum on the burger site about the C250 progress... Can anyone post the link again?

Also, as far as the cone filters go, are you guys using a heat shield? Otherwise the mod is pointless and would probably degrade performance.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:40 PM

2012 C250
Originally Posted by jctevere
I can't seem to find the forum on the burger site about the C250 progress... Can anyone post the link again?

Also, as far as the cone filters go, are you guys using a heat shield? Otherwise the mod is pointless and would probably degrade performance.
n54tech.com that one? How is the mod pointless? I don't understand why people say that, a heat shield would prevent heat soak yeah, but you are running a cheap short ram in the first place lol. That's why I was saying don't spend a whole bunch of money on it, they should know it's nothing crazy and make it cheap. I didn't see a heat shield on the BurgerT thing on the forum so idk if they use one either.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by hotlikelavadan
n54tech.com that one? How is the mod pointless? I don't understand why people say that, a heat shield would prevent heat soak yeah, but you are running a cheap short ram in the first place lol. That's why I was saying don't spend a whole bunch of money on it, they should know it's nothing crazy and make it cheap. I didn't see a heat shield on the BurgerT thing on the forum so idk if they use one either.
Yeah, that was the site I was looking for, thanks... A heat shield does not 100% prevent heat soak, but it helps direct where the air is taken from. The reason why having a short ram intake in the engine bay is bad is because it is sucking in hot air. As you may or may not know, Hot air robs power as hot air density is less than as if it were cold. Denser colder air is better for the engine since it will have a higher concentration of oxygen in the same amount of volume. (To put it simply, it is better to suck less cold air, then a ton of hot air). With that said, also if you have a small diameter pipe from the short ram intake, you will move the power range, having more torque in the low-mid range for a small pipe.

Personally, doing this mod over what we have stock is negligible at best, the stock setup is probably better, just throw in some green filters into the stock housing if you want and you will have better results. About the only thing this mod may do is a better throttle response, but I doubt air is the bottleneck in our system, it is probably more the drive-by wire safety system utilized.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:26 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
LOL... There will only be heat soak if you leave the air box uncovered. I have been running short-rams on all types of cars and heat-soak is only valid when intakes are fully exposed to the hot engine temperatures. If you keep the cone filter in the air box covered there will be no problems. That's like saying the stock crap filter gets heat soaked lol.

Topend speed is improved by keeping the filter completely exposed. I do a lot of city driving and will keep the air box closed for better low-end/throttle response.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by DameMD
LOL... There will only be heat soak if you leave the air box uncovered. I have been running short-rams on all types of cars and heat-soak is only valid when intakes are fully exposed to the hot engine temperatures. If you keep the cone filter in the air box covered there will be no problems. That's like saying the stock crap filter gets heat soaked lol.

Topend speed is improved by keeping the filter completely exposed. I do a lot of city driving and will keep the air box closed for better low-end/throttle response.
I'd run an Outwear Pre-Filter just to be safe.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:18 AM
tjk

C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by dave405nyc
FWIW I ran a 0-60 test using Dynolicious with the JB+ at 65%. The app is pretty accurate in my opinion, I've used it on other cars and it's spot on.

C250

2012 Merc C250

Mar 11, 2012 8:54 PM

Acceleration

0-10 MPH:0.91 sec
0-20 MPH:1.72 sec
0-30 MPH:2.73 sec
0-40 MPH:3.76 sec
0-50 MPH:4.96 sec
0-60 MPH:6.64 sec

Elapsed Time

60':2.58 sec@27.4 MPH
330':6.52 sec@57.8 MPH

Miscellaneous

Max Speed:63.0 MPH
Max Acceleration:0.62 G's
Peak Horsepower:210 HP
Hi there. Can you share your Dynolicious setup?
I've tried many times (stock vs. Race Chip Pro) on my C250 CGI Coupe but I didn't even come close to 7,2 seconds that are stated by MB as for 0-60.

Please share these settings:
Setup menu
Rollout (speed test) ?
Trigger ?
My ride menu
Weight ?
Drivetrain Loss ?
Old 04-28-2012, 09:11 PM

2013 C204
Driver mod necessary?
Old 04-29-2012, 07:29 AM

c coupe
hey guys,

i have a c180 c204 in the uk. was wondering if the tuning package is compatible of if one is going to be available for this model?
thanks
Old 04-29-2012, 11:18 AM

2006 audi a4
Originally Posted by tjk
Hi there. Can you share your Dynolicious setup?
I've tried many times (stock vs. Race Chip Pro) on my C250 CGI Coupe but I didn't even come close to 7,2 seconds that are stated by MB as for 0-60.

Please share these settings:
Setup menu
Rollout (speed test) ?
Trigger ?
My ride menu
Weight ?
Drivetrain Loss ?
I put in 3538 pds with drivetrain loss of 15%.

Rollout (speed test) 0"
Trigger .10G

My launch technique was to turn off stability control, left foot on brake, right foot on accel pedal, and once the rpms hit 3k i let go of the brake. There was actually too much wheel spin, which increased my 60' time. If i got it to around 2.2 seconds, my 0-60 mph would have been around 6.3 seconds.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by DameMD

I apologize, I was referring to short-ram intakes that aren't housed in the factory air-box. I had a c300 sedan before this and saw a few installs of short-rams that sat in front of the engine in the engine bay, with them simply removing the paper filters in the factory air-box. I was unaware that with the C250's intake design that the short-ram could be integrated into the factory air box. This is great news and the video of the intake sounds great... Will definitely be ordering the intake with my tune!

For those interested in the video:
Old 04-30-2012, 08:26 AM
tjk

C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by dave405nyc
I put in 3538 pds with drivetrain loss of 15%.

Rollout (speed test) 0"
Trigger .10G

My launch technique was to turn off stability control, left foot on brake, right foot on accel pedal, and once the rpms hit 3k i let go of the brake. There was actually too much wheel spin, which increased my 60' time. If i got it to around 2.2 seconds, my 0-60 mph would have been around 6.3 seconds.
Ah, now I get it.
Any idea how harmful this break-accel method is for the car?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C250 Coupe Tune available from Burger-Motorsports?