C204 Secrets Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350 Coupe 2012 (C204)
^try going to a full stop first, then release pressure for a bit (but still braking) then press in all the way. Works easier this way imo

Last edited by yukikaze203; 04-21-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:52 PM

C
Originally Posted by timsamg63
I dun really get how this function works? For my C, i tried to press the pedal very very deep but I couldn't see anything happened. How does this function work
you need to push it sort of quickly, if you push slowly it doesn't engage

come to full stop.. release brake nearly completely, then quickly push it down far
Old 04-22-2012, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Yeah, as far as the HOLD feature goes, you have to be fully stopped, then with your foot still on the brake, QUICKLY and FIRMLY press the brake pedal down further, its not really about how hard you press, but rather how quickly, imagine being in a street race once the light turns green it starts, how quickly you would press your accelerator, do the same with you brake, but never take your foot off the brake, just push it down further (this is where the firmer comes in, as it gets harder to push the further down you go).

To Disengage hold you have two options - 1 - press the accelerator, 2 - tap the brake pedal and release, note that you will barely be able to push it down as HOLD feature fully pressurizes your brakes.

As far as equalizer trick goes, I believe this is only for vehicles with the Audio 20 (non Harmon Kardon Speakers), as I tried to do this is my car with Harmon Kardon and the options don't exist (or at least not in MBUSA spec cars, that I have found...).

Also, to build upon the "call name" function for voice control, you don't need to say it last name then first name with a pause in between. You can say it anyway you want, regardless of how your phonebook is organized. Also, if you have multiple numbers for a contact (such as Home and Mobile) you can skip a step and say, "Call Name, (wait for it to ask the name), John Doe Mobile" to call said person's mobile number, skipping the part asking for confirmation of which line and in most cases, the person them self.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 C
Thanks guys! It works
Old 04-24-2012, 06:31 PM
dbs

C250 CDI T
Thanks guys! It works
For me too, use it now all the time
Old 04-25-2012, 07:59 AM

C250 CDI coupe, Obsidian Black Vision Pack, Drive Assist Plus pack, Comfort Pack, Rev Camera
Originally Posted by yukikaze203
OMG THANK YOU! YOU SAVED ME FROM ENDLESS SCROLLING!
Or just use voice activation. Say radio and the radio station name or frequency and it tunes to it.

There is also a voice music search function however I needed to enable this from the engineering menu. There was nothing in the manual about it and I think it's for "higher" models.

You can search by artist or track or album by just saying the artist or song name.

Very handy.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:47 PM

2013 C350 Coupe 4M
Great information!

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to turn on headlamp washers. Checked the windshield wipers and lights section in the manual too.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:54 PM

2012 350 4M
Originally Posted by Jubair Ahmed
Great information!

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to turn on headlamp washers. Checked the windshield wipers and lights section in the manual too.
If I recall you can not be in "auto" mode for the head light, you have to turn the headlights on which will activate the washer, apparently it's somewhere between 5 and 10 pulls on the washer fluid and the HLW will activate.

Give it a try and report back
Old 05-03-2012, 10:07 PM

2012 350 4M
Originally Posted by jkyriakou
Or just use voice activation. Say radio and the radio station name or frequency and it tunes to it.

There is also a voice music search function however I needed to enable this from the engineering menu. There was nothing in the manual about it and I think it's for "higher" models.

You can search by artist or track or album by just saying the artist or song name.

Very handy.
God I need this soooo badly. Where in the ENG menu is it? Please advise.

Another tip, when in the radio mode you can hit * on the key pad and enter radio frequency from the keypad.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by Twodog
If I recall you can not be in "auto" mode for the head light, you have to turn the headlights on which will activate the washer, apparently it's somewhere between 5 and 10 pulls on the washer fluid and the HLW will activate.

Give it a try and report back
Yeah, every 7 pulls of the windshield washer will also spray the headlights on the 7th time... But they can be used in "Auto" mode, its just that the headlights have to be on when spraying 7 times, or else it won't do it. IE: Daylight, so to bypass this, put it in on mode during daylight if you want it to spray

Here is a video in action:

As far as the music search goes, this is enabled in my C204 north american spec car stock... However, it doesn't work for iPod or Bluetooth streaming.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:17 AM

C250 CDI coupe, Obsidian Black Vision Pack, Drive Assist Plus pack, Comfort Pack, Rev Camera
God I need this soooo badly. Where in the ENG menu is it? Please advise.

Another tip, when in the radio mode you can hit * on the key pad and enter radio frequency from the keypad.
Scroll through to music search and enable. It's towards the end of the HW config.

If you want to change radios just use linguatronic. Say Radio followed by the radio station name or frequency.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:21 PM

2012 350 4M
Originally Posted by jkyriakou
Scroll through to music search and enable. It's towards the end of the HW config.

If you want to change radios just use linguatronic. Say Radio followed by the radio station name or frequency.
Could you provide a link or instruction on how to get to the ENG menu? Noticed you have a 2012 C250 AU spec. Hope this option is available on my C350 4M, CDN spec.

Thanks.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Could you provide a link or instruction on how to get to the ENG menu? Noticed you have a 2012 C250 AU spec. Hope this option is available on my C350 4M, CDN spec.

Thanks.
On the dashboard controls (under the comand screen) Hold the Red "Hang Up" button, the "#" pound key and the number "1". All three together until the Engineering menu pops up. Just be careful not to change too much that you don't know about, you could mess it up. I am 99% sure this is how its done if my memory serves me correctly.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:59 PM

2012 350 4M
Originally Posted by jctevere
On the dashboard controls (under the comand screen) Hold the Red "Hang Up" button, the "#" pound key and the number "1". All three together until the Engineering menu pops up. Just be careful not to change too much that you don't know about, you could mess it up. I am 99% sure this is how its done if my memory serves me correctly.
Thanks found it and now there's a 'music search' option under audio.

Kicker is, when you say 'music search' it lets you know it's only enable for CD's, music register, SD & USB.

So no mp3 search from an iphone, can't win them all but got some advancement nevertheless.

Wish we could find a description for what each of those options does under the ENG menu.

Appreciate your helpfulness.

Thank You.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:59 PM

C350 Coupe 4matic
yeah i really cant seem to figure out this hold thing you guys keep talking about. I tried coming to complete stop, pressing a little, release, then slamming it but cant get it working.

Also when searching through my ipod, the number pad doesnt seem to do anything?
Old 05-11-2012, 05:41 PM

C
Originally Posted by ThreefittyC
yeah i really cant seem to figure out this hold thing you guys keep talking about. I tried coming to complete stop, pressing a little, release, then slamming it but cant get it working.

Also when searching through my ipod, the number pad doesnt seem to do anything?
it's not a slam... just a very quick push. I have to say it's the best feature ever and now I hate that my other car doesn't have it lol
Old 05-11-2012, 08:00 PM
gei

C350 Coupe
also a potentially dangerous feature... the other day i was sitting in a drive-thru at a mcdonalds and activated the hold feature. something ended up holding up the line for quite some time so i was sitting there for much longer than expected and reached in to the backseat for something and tapped the accelerator with my foot.

since i was sitting there for so long i forgot the car was in HOLD and not in park, so the car went forward. luckily i had lots of space in front of me and nothing happened.. but had there been less space...
Old 05-12-2012, 07:54 AM

2018 GLC300W
I dun really get how this function works? For my C, i tried to press the pedal very very deep but I couldn't see anything happened. How does this function work
Which car model do you have? This works for sure on the US version of the C250 and I think it also works on the US C350. To engage you simply press and hold the pedal. If it doesn't engage within about 3 seconds then let go of the pedal and press+hold again.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:03 PM

2013 C350 Coupe 4M
Originally Posted by azarc
Which car model do you have? This works for sure on the US version of the C250 and I think it also works on the US C350. To engage you simply press and hold the pedal. If it doesn't engage within about 3 seconds then let go of the pedal and press+hold again.
I found that you did have to press down fairly hard and hold for about a second before it engages.

Has anyone found out how to turn on the Google POI Search, Facebook & iPhone internet connectivity via the engineering menu? I tried playing around in there but don't want to mess anything up. Also, when a new version of the COMAND software comes out, do we get upgrades for free?

*Edit*

I believe it's called Comand Online. I would've thought the 2012 models had it turned on by default.

Last edited by Jubair Ahmed; 05-12-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:41 PM

'12 C350 Sport Sedan
Originally Posted by azarc
The US C350 has it for sure. I love it! I'm addicted to the feature.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 GLS 550
I don't understand why people are having issues with this hold feature. Come to a stop, don't release the pedal!!!! Just stop, then push the pedal down as far as you can, doesn't have to be quick/hard/forceful, just push down, and you should see hold pop up in the display near the bottom.

If it doesn't, you may not have the feature, but every US Spec 2012 should have it standard on all the C Coupes.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:47 PM

C 250 CGI COUPE 2012
Hi guys, i got my c coupe with halogen light and now i want to change it to intelligent light system with bi-xenon lights.. Does anyone knows if its possible or not..
Thanks
Old 05-14-2012, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Possible, but not cost-effective. You're better off trading your vehicle in for one with the Bi-Xenon lighting package.

And yeah, some more tips for you guys having trouble with the hold feature. Pretend your vehicle doesn't have the hold feature, come to a stop and keep your foot on the brake as you normally do. Now, you are stopped with your foot on the break and remember you have the hold feature. Without taking your foot off the brake, swiftly and firmly press the brake pedal down quicker, like your trying to kill a spider. Then the Hold feature is activated.

I don't think that the hold feature is "dangerous" - you just have to be more aware. Also, sometimes in the drive through I activate hold feature, and then shift the car into neutral, this offers a secondary level of "safety" or protection in a drive through. Good thing that this doesn't disengage hold function.

I also discovered that there are two ways to disable hold function, press the accelerator, or press the brake down quickly. You won't be able to push it down far at all, since its fully pressurized, but you only need to do it a little and it will disengage the hold function.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:01 PM

C350 Coupe
If your car is in the HOLD setting and you open the door it asks to put it in park.

Last edited by accce; 05-14-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by accce
If your car is in the HOLD setting and you open the door it puts the car into park.
Extremely Incorrect!!!

At least on the C-Class Coupe. HOLD feature does NOT put the car in park. In fact, when you are in drive with the HOLD feature activated, a warning comes up when you open the door saying, "Shift Car into P!".

When HOLD feature is enabled, it will remain enabled when you shift from drive to neutral and reverse, but be aware, that even when you get out of the car and the car stays still because HOLD feature is still engaged, it is NOT parked. Meaning that if the accelerator or brake are depressed, it will disengage HOLD feature and your car can and will roll away. Just wanted to make it clear.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C204 Secrets Thread