C204 Secrets Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C 350 Coupe
C204 Secrets Thread

UPDATED 6/3

I know there is a W204 Secrets Thread in the C Sedan section, but nothing for the Coupe yet. I tried a few of the secrets in that section, but no dice. I thought maybe we should have our own dedicated to the Coupe.
Here are a couple of things that I have found so far... Please add to the list!!

1. Hood opens up to about 90 degrees to the body of the car when pushed
2. Bluetooth audio can be changed via steering wheel controls when in audio mode. No track info is shown if listening to Pandora or Google music however
3. If you turn on the REAR fogs (we dont have front fogs), the front driving lights turn off for some reason.
4. A tap on the turn signal gets you 3 flashes for easy lane changes
5. NAV Voice command entry
6. Service Menu:

- key in position 1, set display to the default view (mileage)
- push and hold the call answer button on the steering wheel (right button on the right side)
- push and hold button "Ok" (on the left side) in between 1 second
- hold both buttons for at least 5 seconds until the service menu shows up
- navigate through the menu with the arrows on the left side

7. When at a full stop, you can press the brake pedal in fully to activate the 'HOLD' feature which will keep the car 'parked' while still in gear. Great for long traffic signals, drive thrus etc..
8. When manual shifting press and hold of stick to the right or the left to quickly return to fully automatic drive mode
9. To phone someone by name even though you haven't a setup a nickname for them yet press the voice command button on the steering wheel and say "Call Name". When prompted for the name say the last name, pause for about
half a second, then say the first name.
10. You can open the windows and sunroof using the remote key and the sensor embedded near the back of the driver side door handle.
11. To increase or decrease the volume of the voice prompts for navigation system, wait until she starts speaking then adjust using the steering wheel volume controls
12. To get into the engineering menu: Hang up button + 1 + # for about 5 seconds. (USE CAUTION HERE!!!!)
13. Point the key fob towards the driver door, press and hold the unlock button until the sun roof opens. To close hold the lock button down and sunroof will close. ONLY WORKS WHEN FACING DRIVER'S DOOR!!
14. If you have Keyless Go: you can touch and hold the indented square area at the door handle and it'll close the windows and sunroof as well.
15. If you have an ipod hooked up, when in a list such as artists or genre, you can use the keypad on the right of the radio to jump straight to a letter like old school t9 texting. Also, when in a playlist or track list, you can hit # then
the numbers and it will take you directly to that track number. This goes for radio stations as well, # and the radio station digits will directly take you to that station.
16. Same thing applies to entering addresses in the nav system, or searching POI's by name. You can type the whole name or street with the keypad without having to keep scrolling back and forth to letters with the little wheel
17. For cars with the cornering lights (I think they only come with the lighting package) when you are in reverse, the cornering lights are reversed as well. Turn the wheel to the left and the right side
lights up and vice versa.
18. When you hit the Voice command button and the A/C or heater fan is on, it lowers the fan speed in order to hear your commands more clearly.
19. On the back of the paddle shift wings, there is an indentation on the left one, and a bump on the right one so when the wheel is turning you know which one you are pulling.

Last edited by Energybiz; 06-03-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C350 coupe; 2013 ML350
# 3 for sure. I thought something was wrong when I did that for the first time.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:59 PM

'12 C204 C250, '05 SLK350 (sold)
Originally Posted by nomoremustang
# 3 for sure. I thought something was wrong when I did that for the first time.
I actually use that trick to turn off my DRL's because my front left one is shattered. I'll fix it at some point when I have time, but it doesn't look so retarded when both are off.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:47 PM

na
If you tap on the turn signal (not fully depress) it will blink 3 times and stop, perfect for lane changes.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:15 PM

C350 Coupe
You can set the NAV with voice command.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:38 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by hammyton
If you tap on the turn signal (not fully depress) it will blink 3 times and stop, perfect for lane changes.
Nice one, that's so handy

Great thread, keep those tricks and features coming
Old 04-04-2012, 10:21 AM
dbs

C250 CDI T
service menu

- key in position 1, set display to the default view (mileage)
- push and hold the call answer button on the steering wheel (right button on the right side)
- push and hold button "Ok" (on the left side) in between 1 second
- hold both buttons for at least 5 seconds until the service menu shows up
- navigate through the menu with the arrows on the left side

Old 04-04-2012, 01:01 PM

2015 C300
When at a full stop, you can press the brake pedal in fully to activate the 'HOLD' feature which will keep the car 'parked' while still in gear. Great for long traffic signals, drive thrus etc..
Old 04-05-2012, 06:15 PM

2012 Mercedes C250
1. When manual shifting press and hold of stick to the right or the left to quickly return to fully automatic drive mode.

2. To phone someone by name even though you haven't a setup a nickname for them yet press the voice command button on the steering wheel and say "Call Name". When prompted for the name say the last name, pause for about half a second, then say the first name.

3. You can open the windows and sunroof using the remote key and the sensor embedded near the back of the driver side door handle.

4. To increase or decrease the volume of the voice prompts for navigation system, wait until she starts speaking then adjust using the steering wheel volume controls.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:36 AM

Engineering Menu also works

hang up+1+#

You can change the parametric equalizer for better sound from the standart stereo
Old 04-08-2012, 07:46 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Does anybody know a way of manually having all 4 DRL's and 'C' lights on at the same time ?? AFAIK it's only achieved in auto headlight mode and dusk light conditions, would be nice to have that light combination whenever you wanted it
Old 04-11-2012, 04:20 PM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by azarc3
3. You can open the windows and sunroof using the remote key and the sensor embedded near the back of the driver side door handle.
How does #3 work exactly? What do you press on the remote fob? Does it work only with keyless go? Plz explain
Old 04-11-2012, 05:21 PM

2012 c250 coupe
Point the key fob towards the driver door, press and hold the unlock button until the sun roof opens. To close hold the lock button down and sunroof will close
Old 04-11-2012, 06:30 PM

C350 Coupe 2012 (C204)
if you have the keyless option for your car, you can touch and hold the indented square area at the door handle and it'll close the windows and sunroof as well.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 GLS 550
Originally Posted by AV1
Does anybody know a way of manually having all 4 DRL's and 'C' lights on at the same time ?? AFAIK it's only achieved in auto headlight mode and dusk light conditions, would be nice to have that light combination whenever you wanted it
THIS^????? I want it! I have never seen it unless you are unlocking the car with the remote. I want the lower DRL at full power and the C on during the day.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:49 PM

C
Originally Posted by Jav_A
When at a full stop, you can press the brake pedal in fully to activate the 'HOLD' feature which will keep the car 'parked' while still in gear. Great for long traffic signals, drive thrus etc..

i LOVE this tip! tried it today for the first time and got addicted. now I am so lazy at every intersection lol. I also love how u can mash the gas pedal so easily and launch
Old 04-19-2012, 08:37 PM

2012 Mercedes Benz C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by tiagomiguel
Engineering Menu also works

hang up+1+#

You can change the parametric equalizer for better sound from the standart stereo
Does this tip also work for LOGIC 7 sound system?
Old 04-20-2012, 11:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 GLS 550
If you have an ipod hooked up, when in a list such as artists or genre, you can use the keypad on the right of the radio to jump straight to a letter like old school t9 texting. Also, when in a playlist or track list, you can hit # then the numbers and it will take you directly to that track number. This goes for radio stations as well, # and the radio station digits will directly take you to that station.

Same thing applies to entering addresses in the nav system, or searching POI's by name. You can type the whole name or street with the keypad without having to keep scrolling back and forth to letters with the little wheel.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:20 PM
dbs

C250 CDI T
Originally Posted by GuOD
i LOVE this tip! tried it today for the first time and got addicted. now I am so lazy at every intersection lol. I also love how u can mash the gas pedal so easily and launch
This works only with the manual gearshift, right?
Old 04-20-2012, 02:29 PM

2012 C 350 Coupe
Nope. Automatic!!
Old 04-20-2012, 02:33 PM
dbs

C250 CDI T
Hold means, that the engine goes of? That is what happens with mine (German model) on a full stop and fully pushed break pedal.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:53 PM

2012 C 350 Coupe
i just keeps the brake depressed until you hit the gas. We dont have engine shutoff in the states.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:12 PM

C350 Coupe 2012 (C204)
Originally Posted by johnny--2k
If you have an ipod hooked up, when in a list such as artists or genre, you can use the keypad on the right of the radio to jump straight to a letter like old school t9 texting. Also, when in a playlist or track list, you can hit # then the numbers and it will take you directly to that track number. This goes for radio stations as well, # and the radio station digits will directly take you to that station.

Same thing applies to entering addresses in the nav system, or searching POI's by name. You can type the whole name or street with the keypad without having to keep scrolling back and forth to letters with the little wheel.

OMG THANK YOU! YOU SAVED ME FROM ENDLESS SCROLLING!
Old 04-21-2012, 07:43 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by dbs
This works only with the manual gearshift, right?
Originally Posted by dbs
Hold means, that the engine goes of? That is what happens with mine (German model) on a full stop and fully pushed break pedal.
dbs hopefully you've got it all figured out, in the CDI the engine going off is part of the ECO switch function which is engaged automatically everytime you drive the car, which you can switch off (hit the button and green ECO goes off) the hold you can use anytime you stop - just push the break pedal a little further or harder when stopped 'HOLD' will appear in the central dial display and the car will stay breaked until you hit the accelerator pedal, it's a great feature and holds the car breaked even on very steep inclines/declines, no need for the hand/foot break
Old 04-21-2012, 08:11 PM

C63 C
Originally Posted by Energybiz
UPDATED

7. When at a full stop, you can press the brake pedal in fully to activate the 'HOLD' feature which will keep the car 'parked' while still in gear. Great for long traffic signals, drive thrus etc..
I dun really get how this function works? For my C, i tried to press the pedal very very deep but I couldn't see anything happened. How does this function work

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C204 Secrets Thread