What DON'T you like about your new coupe??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 02:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C350 coupe; 2013 ML350
Originally Posted by evrumohr
Hello everyone! I'm proud to say that I just got my first ever MB today! I got a C350 coupe and I LOVE it! About the topic though, I was annoyed to find that I could not set my garage door opener when i got home..
same issue for me...I went to youtube and found the demonstration.
it made me go duh when I saw how easy it is
Old 12-20-2013, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C250 Sports Package
LOVE my new coupe. Abhor the HK stereo. I really, really miss the ELS stereo I had in my TL. HK is so muddy and yuk. Very disappointed.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:21 AM

C350 & R350
The steering wheel feels nice but reminds me of the scream mask every time in see it...

Last edited by Leenseen; 01-15-2014 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Change wording
Old 01-15-2014, 02:33 AM

2014 c350c
Originally Posted by Leenseen
The steering wheel feels nice but reminds me of the scream mask every time in see it...
gosh, now I kind of see it and I won't be able to stop thinking about it.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:40 AM

2011 C180 Coupé (prev '99 CLK200)
Haha, anyway, the fl wheel is one of the most beautiful wheel regarding many other manufacturers, i really like it.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:04 AM

2007 CLS500
Originally Posted by BlackjackM
I hate that you can Import text messages to COMAND yet it won't let you read the whole thing while driving. What's the point?
The point is that you are not supposed to be texting and driving...on your phone, or command, or otherwise.

These comments are all interesting and what not, but the majority of them are superficial. Sure the whistle from wind over the mirrors is annoying, but it is present in almost all mercedes cars. Complaints about electric seats? Why not just order the full electric seats to start with. Pano roof annoying you? Why order it in the first place?

If you test drive a car you are supposed to test it...IE identify the things you like and the things you don't like. No point in complaining about things afterward.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:11 PM

2007 CLK 550 Convertible
2012 C250 Problems

We've had the car since Spring of 2012. Car has been in the shop multiple times for the same problem (engine stumbling problem under acceleration).
Dealer has been unable to repair. Latest issue was engine stumbling under hard acceleration and check engine light came on. Dealer updated ECU. We have now initiated the MB Buy Back for problematic vehicles.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:33 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by Riviera
Haha, anyway, the fl wheel is one of the most beautiful wheel regarding many other manufacturers, i really like it.
Same here, I have a C63 unit on my coupe with flat top and bottom profile and the larger silver metal shifters it's one of the best looking and feeling steering wheels I've ever had

Originally Posted by hugo_za
The point is that you are not supposed to be texting and driving...on your phone, or command, or otherwise.

These comments are all interesting and what not, but the majority of them are superficial. Sure the whistle from wind over the mirrors is annoying, but it is present in almost all mercedes cars. Complaints about electric seats? Why not just order the full electric seats to start with. Pano roof annoying you? Why order it in the first place?

If you test drive a car you are supposed to test it...IE identify the things you like and the things you don't like. No point in complaining about things afterward.
Agree a lot of the probs on this thread are minor/superficial only and not uncommon for all other car types out there.

As for whistle wind noises over the mirrors - what whistle wind noises have never had that on mine even driving at up to very high speeds.

Apologies for pointing out good not negative things
Old 01-25-2014, 09:24 AM

2015 ML350 Black/Black
Originally Posted by jgrade
We've had the car since Spring of 2012. Car has been in the shop multiple times for the same problem (engine stumbling problem under acceleration).
Dealer has been unable to repair. Latest issue was engine stumbling under hard acceleration and check engine light came on. Dealer updated ECU. We have now initiated the MB Buy Back for problematic vehicles.

Is this program where certified preowned came from later? No kidding, I feel your pain.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:45 AM

2023 GLC 300 SUV, 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster, 2006 Lexus RX400h
I think something as simple as having ECO turn off if you enable the SPORT mode would make so much logical sense!

Other than that, loving my C350!!
Old 01-07-2016, 12:17 PM

2010 C300
- Windshield wiper system sucks.. ... bad. Huge distraction.. just give me the regular intermitent every 3 secs. Would have been way better off
- Seat belt warning , I want to jump off a cliff head first every morning.
- always on comfort mode unless switched to sport. I want it backwards .
- anti glare mirrors + window tint = can't see ****.
- slow downshift after braking.. I mean really? That's embarrassing. .
Old 01-08-2016, 11:51 AM

2014 C350 C204
Thumbs up

Well, having recently picked up a C350 Coupe, there's a few things I like, and don't like with the car.

• Handling is what I expected for this class coupe, even in sport mode.
  • Interior on the sport package feels quite premium, coming from a 2014 GTI in my case.
  • Fit and finish, with all of the packages I have (all except DISTRONIC and Lighted Door Sills), is excellent, and again what I expect for a car in this class.

Dislikes
  • Perforated sun shared - wish it was solid.
  • Ventilated seats with the sport package would have been nice.
  • Lack of folding mirrors. It's a MY2014, so many cars come standard with folding mirrors these days.
  • Engage sport mode on each startup without having to manually switch.
  • Two more inches of rear legroom! Just two. And an inch or two of seat height for slightly larger passengers.
  • No electronic parking brake? Seriously?
  • Reverse backup camera is as bad as one I saw on a new Honda Fit. Almost useless. Why can't we have a real camera that shows guidelines?
  • Door pins? WTF for?

None of these are deal breakers at all. I also don't have whistling noise problems that others complain about. I'm going to look at upgrading the backup camera at some point as well. Coming from a 2014 GTI Wolfsburg edition, this is a massive upgrade for me, so while I'm in the honeymoon phase, nothing is bothering me, though over time maybe I'll update this thread with more. Honestly, the backup camera is the only thing that's worth looking into changing out, and the door pins.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:25 AM

c250 Coupe Sport
Originally Posted by andrew c coupe
~ the steering is very light (compared to my bmw e92) power assist like. only issue to note.
Andrew, a strut bar fixed this light steering issue for me.
Steering is stiffer and handles better in turns!
Old 01-11-2016, 02:38 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes C250 Coupe
...............dislikes for the C250 coupe seem inversely proportional to this sailor's learning curve.....................

Initially, I nearly caused an accident with an inadvertent shifter nudge (engine compression braking almost got me a closely following Regional Transit bus deep into my trunk).............

Then there was my memory lapse on parking brake release (my formed Asian coupe e-brake was next to the 6M transmission shifter)........................

The adaptive transmission "learning me" feature proved interesting...........................
(My last automatic was a Ford convertible - senior year San Jose State during stone age)

It's now without flaw - I actually feel guilty driving this beautiful (Iridium/Ash) little coupe.

ez
Old 01-11-2016, 09:58 PM

13' C250 C204 Steel grey
only thing about the car that i really dislike is not having a hand brake
Old 04-16-2016, 05:17 PM

2012 C250 Coupe
I didn't like the service (and cost of service) at my dealer. After 4 yrs when the lease ended I looked back and couldn't stop shaking my head over their maintenance requirements and cost.

For the most part the car was great, the dealer not so much.

After a lot of soul searching I just couldn't put myself into another. Life is too short to deal with *****ty service. There is another MB dealer where I live but after talking to a few folks they are apparently no better.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:46 PM

2012 C250 Coupe Polar White/Almond Beige Mocha 18" AMG twin 5-spokes, Multimedia Package, Keyless-Go
Like:
*Styling: a great looking car inside and out
*Interior quality fit and finish
*Well equipped (compared to my previuos car, a very spartan BMW 325Ci)

Dislike:
*Transmission sucks: slow on downshifts
*Some turbo-lag, which wouldn't be so bad but the transmission makes it more noticeable
* SRS malfunction warning a recurrent problem
Old 06-04-2017, 12:08 AM

2013 C350 4matic Coupe
1. Lack of performance mods for the C350.
2. Lack of performance mods for the C350.
3. Lack of shops willing to fabricate anything for the C350, even when I have made it clear that price is not an issue.
4. Lack of power folding mirrors on the American C350.
5. That whistling sound you get with a strong crosswind with the windows down, and going over 60 mph.
6. With these issues, I do remind myself that it is an entry level vehicle, and still the nicest car this lowly navy E-5 has ever owned.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:13 AM

2013 C350 4matic Coupe
What strut bar did you use, and where can I find it?
Old 06-06-2017, 10:21 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by c250inpr
Like:
*Styling: a great looking car inside and out
*Interior quality fit and finish
*Well equipped (compared to my previuos car, a very spartan BMW 325Ci)

Dislike:
*Transmission sucks: slow on downshifts I don't agree here.
*Some turbo-lag, which wouldn't be so bad but the transmission makes it more noticeable Not a problem for this sailor.
* SRS malfunction warning a recurrent problem
Never had this happen...........

ez